[Albion] Palace home game moved to Wed 15th - RMT Strike on Thursday 16th March

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021

Problem is with the last rail strike it was a nightmare getting to and from the stadium. Think there was a thread to support this. The P&R was not set to merge the demand from the supporters displaced by the railstrike​

Being evening KO is worse in many respects because I believe more Palace will take the afternoon off come down by train (limited service will probably run until about 5pm) so they will be well tanked up looking for trouble just as everyone scrambles for busses to get to Falmer. Yeah the P & R wont be able to handle the demand and the shuttle busses (if put on) will struggle. If i recall it was also the chaos of where to get that bus back afterwards that caused a lot of issues ....then its Palace a recipe for disaster.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Called observation, remember you (Just you) started a thread yet again about season ticket card charge so no doubt as you think you represent all fans or customers who go to home games they share your opinion
I really dont see the point of continuing this I see there is an ignore button. I prefer constructive argument,

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
15th would be a disaster if there is a strike on 16th, they all start knocking off early the night before.
The Wednesday would be fine, as the strike doesn’t come into affect until 00:01. So that only people signing on after 00:01 are on strike, everyone covering overnight and late turns are fine

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I really dont see the point of continuing this I see there is an ignore button. I prefer constructive argument,
I am sure you don't given constructive argument means I only want what I want to you

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
They've had months to rearrange this and the Bournemouth game. Absolutely no reason why they could'nt have been played already. This week was free, for example.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I'm really looking at the club to actively seek to rearrange fixtures without rail transport, I appreciate they don't have all the say in this but they have a lot of influence and seeing as they built the ground hooked on rail transport I think they have a responsibility to make a very firm stand to get all games moved when there is no rail transport. I'm beginning to see why people dont get season tickets and buy match by match as its bad enough with TV changes but the rail strikes just make it an even big pain.
The vast majority of people get the train, most of my mates do not have a car, so we should just screw them to prove a point? I support the club moving fixtures as for the vast majority of us it makes the journey impossible.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The Wednesday would be fine, as the strike doesn’t come into affect until 00:01. So that only people signing on after 00:01 are on strike, everyone covering overnight and late turns are fine
Fair enough. 25 years of commuting through this type of thing has left me extremely skeptical.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
The vast majority of people get the train, most of my mates do not have a car, so we should just screw them to prove a point? I support the club moving fixtures as for the vast majority of us it makes the journey impossible.
I think we are arguing the same point here Jack. I agree most use the train.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Fair enough. 25 years of commuting through this type of thing has left me extremely skeptical.
The following morning is an absolute nightmare, but having done travelling back from London before the majority of these strikes from some random non league game, I’ve had very few cancellations, maybe even less the night before.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
If we can play Brentford at 8pm Boxing Day …then I can’t c why this will be moved
Because it was a complete farce and about 14k (if that) turned up for it because of the issues? Totally fucks us over too in what will be a huge game against our biggest rivals - should be packed to the rafters and everyone buzzing for it. Its hardly likely to be if it goes ahead under these circumstances

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Because it was a complete farce and about 14k (if that) turned up for it because of the issues? Totally fucks us over too in what will be a huge game against our biggest rivals - should be packed to the rafters and everyone buzzing for it. Its hardly likely to be if it goes ahead under these circumstances
I know but it wasn’t moved was it….so surprised if it is this time …shrug

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports