Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Game - Postponed [was on/off?]

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Interesting line in Paul Barber's quote given some on here were saying "we've done it before, we can do it again"...

“This included additional travel options or moving the match to earlier or later in the same week, with Sunday afternoon the latest the fixture could be played on that weekend due to the international break, but it simply was not possible to play the match with a full capacity crowd in attendance."

Didn't seem to care too much about us fans when the Brentford game was moved to a time which prevented fans getting there... or is that a bit harsh!?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Utter Bollox, now I have to drive to feckin Wembley Park by 2pm wait around somewhere for four hours, pick them up and drive home.

Can today get any feckin worse, today can literally do one…

Not impressed.

Don’t tell them it’s been cancelled, the rearranged game could be a “cup game”

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Ah, big hairy balllbags to this. I was bringing my 10 year old over from Norway for her first Albion game.

She was really excited.
I agree, my daughter and I are coming from Australia for the first time in five years. This was the only game on while we are there.

**** this bollocks.

Is there any chance it will just be postponed a couple of days?

Sent from my M2010J19CG using Tapatalk

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Didn't seem to care too much about us fans when the Brentford game was moved to a time which prevented fans getting there... or is that a bit harsh!?
The club wanted the game to ahead then say they considered fans in postponement. Nah they could care less about fans but made out they did when others in safety advisery objected.

I am watching Nantes v Lens that weekend of all things so this could work for me but am sorry for any really long distance travellers screwed-up by this, I hope they can kick it over to Sunday or Monday for your sake

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I am watching Nantes v Lens that weekend of all things so this could work for me but am sorry for any really long distance travellers screwed-up by this, I hope they can kick it over to Sunday or Monday for your sake

They can’t do Monday as international break. Sunday won’t happen as will be a hangover from the strikes still. Train displacements etc

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The club wanted the game to ahead then say they considered fans in postponement. Nah they could care less about fans but made out they did when others in safety advisery objected.

What? Are you American. You do know that's nonsense and means the complete opposite of the meaning you are trying to convey?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

It's not harsh. It is all about TV money, the club is, like all the other clubs, prostituting itself for the $$$.

el punal

Is it possible that you could rewrite that in English so that we are able to understand what the hell you’re on about?

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
[tweet]1567931353508757508[/tweet]

Back on? Or will sporting events still be suspended because of Liz?
why? if its because the funeral may be on that day (or inbetween etc) the i think there is a real chance all sport will be suspended that day anyway and we have just got in there quicker by set circumstances. Could back-fire if the clubs wanted to go ahead with planned Saturday 3pm ko

Last edited:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Scratch that. All EPL games off this weekend and next apparently.

Nothing decided yet, looking like no sport tomorrow (Friday) and decisions to be made tomorrow for the weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
[tweet]1567931353508757508[/tweet]

Back on? Or will sporting events still be suspended because of Liz?

Sounds like this weekend matches will be postponed but next week will be at discretion of the clubs. Now the rail strike is off surely there’s a good chance the Palace game can be reinstated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Sounds like this weekend matches will be postponed but next week will be at discretion of the clubs. Now the rail strike is off surely there’s a good chance the Palace game can be reinstated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Yes.

I've seen speculation that this weekend games will be off, along with those on the day of the funeral.

I'm guessing at Funeral on Monday 19 or Tuesday 20. So Palace could be back on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here