Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Game - Postponed [was on/off?]

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Interesting line in Paul Barber's quote given some on here were saying "we've done it before, we can do it again"...

“This included additional travel options or moving the match to earlier or later in the same week, with Sunday afternoon the latest the fixture could be played on that weekend due to the international break, but it simply was not possible to play the match with a full capacity crowd in attendance."

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Interesting line in Paul Barber's quote given some on here were saying "we've done it before, we can do it again"...

“This included additional travel options or moving the match to earlier or later in the same week, with Sunday afternoon the latest the fixture could be played on that weekend due to the international break, but it simply was not possible to play the match with a full capacity crowd in attendance."

Could you update thread title please :thumbsup:

Too late !

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Any guesses on when the game might happen?

I think there are fixtures in the Premier League, the EFL Cup and European competitions all the way through to the World Cup break.

So, it will have to be in the New Year unless the clubs/Premier League can get dispensation from UEFA to play the game on a European midweek. This didn't use to be possible, but exceptions were made last season to squeeze in all the Covid-enforced postponements.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Oh great, another thing to piss me off on a really shitty day all round personally.

I know it had to happen with the strike but the long gap between games with the totally dull and pointless international beak thrown in is just really crap. I hate Albion-less weekends.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Oh great, another thing to piss me off on a really shitty day all round personally.

I know it had to happen with the strike but the long gap between games with the totally dull and pointless international beak thrown in is just really crap. I hate Albion-less weekends.

This!

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
Ah, big hairy balllbags to this. I was bringing my 10 year old over from Norway for her first Albion game.

She was really excited.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I hope it is not moved otherwise I won't have an excuse not drive my wife and daughter to secret cinema in London.

Utter Bollox, now I have to drive to feckin Wembley Park by 2pm wait around somewhere for four hours, pick them up and drive home.

Can today get any feckin worse, today can literally do one…

Not impressed.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
First game for ages, coming from Wales booked hotel, no problem from me.........astounded...Wales.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Joke ground. Such a shit place to visit

Honestly this isn't coming from a Palace bias point of view. But blimey that ground is a ballache. Train strike or no train strike.

bob_monkhouse

Don't try to fix me, I'm not broken
Jun 16, 2014
Liphook
Used my FREE season ticket transfer as away on holiday. Guessing it will be rearranged when i could have gone [emoji34]

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
It'll be FA Cup 2nd Rd Qualifying for me then!

Just deciding between going to Worthing away at Slough or Lewes home to Three Bridges.

Lewes just might win out - not for the shorter distance - but for the pie, mash, mushy peas and gravy!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here