Palace fans

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As said before, couldn't hear them from the North Stand (until they equalised), and where I was stood we sounded great. I think its all down to proximity.
This. I've read several posts saying they sung well, but until they scored I didn't hear that much from them. When they did sing, the North sang and (due to where I was standing) sounded louder. If you were nearer the away stand than the North, maybe they sounded louder to you.

It wasn't that long after their first that they got the lead, and from then I could really hear them, which suggests they weren't making that much noise before hand.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Do f*** off. The players weren't up for it, maybe, but you can't say that about the fans. The North Stand concourse was rocking before kick off, more than other match thus far.

The North Stand are the standard bearer. They've already established themselves as being the ringleaders, they get the support going and the West, then East, get involved aswell. That's how it has worked, that's the standard we have seen so far. Tonight, they offered very little after the first half hour, being generous. It was flat and quiet, but for a few chants. I heard the CMS song break out for all of a few seconds and half heatedly. I will say this in the North's defence though, the new song which ends "SEA SEA SEA" sounded very good.

Don't get me wrong, I don't blame the North Stand at all. They have been quality all season before tonight, they were like the rest of us tonight though, we could all see that the game wasn't going our way. And we could all see what was going to happen. The whole stadium's support wasn't good enough tonight, I sit in the East and our atmosphere was dire in there tonight. Very disappointing evening of football.

Sep 28, 2011
Agree, our support didn't do us justice tonight - one half of the stand would sing something, then the other half would clock on and by the time they joined in the other half had stopped.. we'll show you lot come Janurary :p

When you lot get going, you're loud as f*** - you just didnt seem to get going too often, which was a bit of a shame!

SE25

Banned
Feb 19, 2005
Oh South London...
Sore loser? No, they deserved the result as gutting as it was. Their fans were nowhere near as good as they make out to be though. . .

You should have put the words up on the big screen, we might have f***ing heard you then!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
You should have put the words up on the big screen, we might have f***ing heard you then!
Don't Palace play goal music?

I'm sure they used to at any rate. Which puts the dabblings of our club in plasticity in the shade, really. It's the ultimate sin.

Sep 28, 2011
Not from where I was sitting mate. When you scored you were, I can't argue with that, but I didn't hear you from the North Stand until 80 minutes plus.

Really? Cause tbh mate it was the same here... we sang all game, but could see the North stand doing arm movements so could tell you were singing, but couldnt hear you [when the whole ground sung it was fecking loud , but when it was a few it was silent]... id say we outsung you but that may be based on where i was

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Really? Cause tbh mate it was the same here... we sang all game, but could see the North stand doing arm movements so could tell you were singing, but couldnt hear you [when the whole ground sung it was fecking loud , but when it was a few it was silent]... id say we outsung you but that may be based on where i was

I'll echo that. Could see your arm waving, but couldn't really hear you until you equalised. Thank you for a good honest answer, too.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Both sets of fans were poor between minutes 10 and 70, give or take, but I think that was a reflection on a tense and nervy game.

Sep 28, 2011
I dont think it was nerves from us - weve had more derby-ish games than you [not meant to be taking the piss] against Millwall/Charlton, so were used to it, (you lot are THE enemy though!) - like I said one half would be singing in front of the others, and it was difficult to get it going in unision - thought we were well off form tonight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports