Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
He definitely saved the club that can’t be disputed. He is also the chairman of the clubs most successful period in history, has he made mistakes ? Probably but haven’t we all.

I wouldn’t pay too much attention to Mr Jordon, he is quite bitter about his poor decisions that nearly lead to his and the club’s financial embarrassment.
They did lead to his and Palaces financial embarrassment.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
He definitely saved the club that can’t be disputed. He is also the chairman of the clubs most successful period in history, has he made mistakes ? Probably but haven’t we all.

I wouldn’t pay too much attention to Mr Jordon, he is quite bitter about his poor decisions that nearly lead to his and the club’s financial embarrassment.
Agree re Jordan, but he constantly quotes that Parish has had more out of the club than he ever put in and if he was wrong you would have thought that he might dispute it or legal action?

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Agree re Jordan, but he constantly quotes that Parish has had more out of the club than he ever put in and if he was wrong you would have thought that he might dispute it or legal action?
He might well have, but at the time it was needed Parish + 3 others stumped up the dosh needed to save the club that Jordan’s miss management caused.

I personally don’t see it as a problem, good luck to him as long as his stewardship doesn’t lead to debt that can’t be paid.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
He might well have, but at the time it was needed Parish + 3 others stumped up the dosh needed to save the club that Jordan’s miss management caused.

I personally don’t see it as a problem, good luck to him as long as his stewardship doesn’t lead to debt that can’t be paid.
Fair enough, just rather have a owner who does not take money out of a club, maybe we are just lucky with Bloom, as I know I would not change him for a Parish, or to be fair any other chairman. Think he needs to deliver the stadium improvements or his days are numbered as I know my mates want him out for a lack of progress on many fronts.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Fair enough, just rather have a owner who does not take money out of a club, maybe we are just lucky with Bloom, as I know I would not change him for a Parish, or to be fair any other chairman. Think he needs to deliver the stadium improvements or his days are numbered as I know my mates want him out for a lack of progress on many fronts.
To be replaced by who ?

This is the best period in Crystal Palace history I would have hoped fans could see that and not just want money thrown around or do that want to “ go to the next level” like Charlton fans dis a few years ago.

Ask your mates who and what paid for the new academy that opened last year that should hopefully benefit the club for years to come.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
To be replaced by who ?

This is the best period in Crystal Palace history I would have hoped fans could see that and not just want money thrown around or do that want to “ go to the next level” like Charlton fans dis a few years ago.

Ask your mates who and what paid for the new academy that opened last year that should hopefully benefit the club for years to come.
Agree re Charlton and to be fair you have done well to stay a few years in the prem. The criticism comes from a lot of your fans, but think maybe you are right, but he does split the fans, think his handling of the stand improvements have been very poor.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
The sale of AWB? Still to be replaced by all accounts.

How's Franca doing? I thought he was a Brazilian genius who was first team ready? How much did you pay for him out of interest?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I was once in the same Chinese restaurant as SC. Blossom House in Hamsey Green. Not that, that relates in any way to SC having an embarrassing infection.

Also said proprietor of Blossom House used to be the proprietor of Hove Rendezvous in Church Rd.

Not a lot of people knew this and I suspect not a lot care.

Also went on a bank training course with SC's wife.
..... and this is why NSC is so important. Great insight pal, I once tripped up in front of Sir Bobby Moore, he was leaving the RBS Building at the top of The Mall.

Can't disagree, I think from our perspective your run in the top flight is lost as we focus on our best ever time. It does feel like he's a puppet but a successful puppet, in part. Think I know who I'd prefer as Chairman, CEO, Manager & Skipper.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
The sale of AWB? Still to be replaced by all accounts.

How's Franca doing? I thought he was a Brazilian genius who was first team ready? How much did you pay for him out of interest?
Well Mitchell hasn’t done too bad been in the England squad.

Franca was 15 million, a punt but was highly rated, we will see.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
..... and this is why NSC is so important. Great insight pal, I once tripped up in front of Sir Bobby Moore, he was leaving the RBS Building at the top of The Mall.
I rang a football talkshow featuring SBM to debate with him why WHU were considered a friendly club at the same time as they were cherishing Cass Pennant to their bosom.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I rang a football talkshow featuring SBM to debate with him why WHU were considered a friendly club at the same time as they were cherishing Cass Pennant to their bosom.
The big hoollie lad .... yes, it's a good question

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
.... anyway, back on topic, Palace are now firmly in our shadow and that was always their biggest fear

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

I'd suggest that they should stick to being the club they are and ditch the colour changing, eagle assuming, ultra pastiche and just get on with being Chrystal Palace.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

I'd suggest that they should stick to being the club they are and ditch the colour changing, eagle assuming, ultra pastiche and just get on with being Chrystal Palace.
After all, they are being Palace so well, from our perspective :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Last edited:

eaglesdan

Sep 28, 2011
Not very often these days, I find these old school songs are sung in pubs and concourse but very rarely as a main song.

Anti Brighton songs are sung mainly the game before we play them, I haven’t heard the Famous Alan Mullery song for ages.
I hear both at most away games I go to, still sung with the same gusto as normal, and yes Ron Noades mother is still a *****

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here