Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It seems Palace have found a replacement for Mr Tumble.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you, Mr Tumble 2.

First one looks a dive too - only saw one replay but certainly buys it regardless…

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
I can't believe MotD thought that was a penalty.

"every right to go down" apparently.
Problem was he went so far up, before going down.

Also "Not a cheat" according to Hodgson.
Ridiculous comments.
a lot of the problem is the "every right to go down" comments from the pundits. or the he was anticipating contact and went down, even worse. The ONLY time a player should go down is when they have to, not because threy felt a breath of wind, or a feather like tap on their back.
Pundits calling it clever, players going down when they could stay on their feet, its all the same thing CHEATING

Refs dont help by not giving pens or free kicks when there are fouls but players do try and stay upright. The whole thing seems geared towards encouraging cheating rather than trying to stop it

All teams do it to some extent , I likr to think we do it less than others , but Mtioma can be very unsteady at times

Its obvciously difficult to tell at times, a player running at full speed doesnt need much to unbalance them, and falling over at high speed does sometimes result in almost comedic rolls, so I understand sometimes it looks fake but isnt

No easy solution whilst players, managers, and the pundits have the "its clever, he felt contact so he is entitled to go down" attitude remains

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
First one looks a dive too - only saw one replay but certainly buys it regardless…
Defender pulls out of the challenge. Like the recent ones against Wolves.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
All teams do it to some extent , I likr to think we do it less than others , but Mtioma can be very unsteady at times
Surely, when going at pace only a slight touch is all that is required to knock the player off balance.

Well it's a line that is used by pundits and managers.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Surely, when going at pace only a slight touch is all that is required to knock the player off balance.

Well it's a line that is used by pundits and managers.
i agree, and I did say this at the end of my post,

"Its obvciously difficult to tell at times, a player running at full speed doesnt need much to unbalance them, and falling over at high speed does sometimes result in almost comedic rolls, so I understand sometimes it looks fake but isnt"

but we have all seen, almost in every match, players throwing themselves to the ground ala Mr Tumble when there is no contact, and also when there is a slight touch but the player goes down after thinking about it for a second.

I often wonder how often players would go on to score goals if nnot trying to get free kicks or pens at every oportunity

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
The comment that he 'has a right to go down if touched' makes my blood boil, is that not plain cheating then?. Imagine if we used the same logic in rugby. Both incidents were iffy, none of them warranty a penalty in my book, but when these idiots on MOTD say crap like that, then we will
Never change it.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
But does he ever win any dubious penalties?

I can"t think of one. Refs seem to wave away all of his claims.

Suspect he remains in credit for penalties that should have been given but weren't.

Mitoma has studied how to beat hia man.
Eze's skill is close control, drawing contact.

The "any touch when you are travelling that fast" argument, only seems to affect him in the final 18 yards.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Why do they need 2 megaphones?
IMG_3479.jpeg

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Been away for a few days, what wonderful reading to catch up on, good work fellas

eaglesdan

Sep 28, 2011
Could the Palace fans here say what they think of this press release? Are they as embarrassed as any normal fan would be, or are they fully behind the always ultras?
Croydon council seem to have a problem with the Fanatics. They didnt have a flounce on Saturday, they just went to try and get access to the drums flags etc.
Currently a lot of debate on the BBS as to whether the Fanatics help or hinder the atmosphere. I think they help, and there are many who dont subscribe to the black hoodie uniform this site thinks is required. I may not like the constant drumming, but without them, it is a bit like a morgue
And Eze for me doesnt dive, and both incidents should have resulted in penalties

Brok

🦡
Dec 26, 2011
Croydon council seem to have a problem with the Fanatics. They didnt have a flounce on Saturday, they just went to try and get access to the drums flags etc.
Currently a lot of debate on the BBS as to whether the Fanatics help or hinder the atmosphere. I think they help, and there are many who dont subscribe to the black hoodie uniform this site thinks is required. I may not like the constant drumming, but without them, it is a bit like a morgue
And Eze for me doesnt dive, and both incidents should have resulted in penalties
:ROFLMAO:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here