Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Palace are us last season. Flatter to deceive but nothing in the final third.

Their best player isn’t even theirs [emoji23] putting him in the shop window for a bigger move next season

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Well I was pleasantly surprised with that , not the ending obviously. We just needed that second goal to kill you off as you were still in the game. I’m more optimistic for the season now and I hope we’ll have enough to stay up.
As a aside it’s nice to see the mods getting stuck in with all these threads :smile:

Don’t delude yourself though. You only really had one chance for the second goal and the first wasn’t coming until your loan signing got a penalty.

You’re pleasantly surprised with a draw against an out of sorts Brighton side. A pathetic eight shots at home. The creative revolution under Viera isn’t really happening is it?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Well I was pleasantly surprised with that , not the ending obviously. We just needed that second goal to kill you off as you were still in the game. I’m more optimistic for the season now and I hope we’ll have enough to stay up.
As a aside it’s nice to see the mods getting stuck in with all these threads :smile:

It was a terrible game and without a moment of madness from Trossard the first half was lots of huff and puff from palace but no danger at all for our defence or keeper. Ayews chance aside (which came from a misplaced pass rather than moment of quality) what did palace actually do in the second? Sanchez will have few quieter games than that.

I get things were bad under Roy but I saw nothing from Monday to suggest you are in for anything other than a hard slog this season.

Also Despite what palace fans would like to believe Potter pointed out correctly it was hardly the one sided match our defeat at the Amex was last season.

058bb4ef2d145609de297222e47f3351.jpg

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Someone on Twitter keeps telling me how they battered us etc. I simply can’t compute how anyone could watch that game the other night and say “it is just like what happened at the Amex” bizarre.

They were as good as us but it was a pretty poor match. Everyone expected us to batter them and the fact it was even became “palace dominated” - it is genuinely bizarre.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
As a aside it’s nice to see the mods getting stuck in with all these threads [emoji2]
Why did you let it bounce ?

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
My biggest fear is Potter finally beating us.
Closing in on 1000 days since your last victory against us :eek:

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove

Why did you let it bounce though?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

I wouldn't worry too much about Potter's wins against you, to be honest.

Probably better focusing on your amazing new gaffer's failure to win against pretty much EVERYONE. That's now ONE win in SEVEN Palace matches, so far. One more than De Boer I suppose, so explains all the Palace giddiness, I'm sure.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I wouldn't worry too much about Potter's wins against you, to be honest.

Probably better focusing on your amazing new gaffer's failure to win against pretty much EVERYONE. That's now ONE win in SEVEN Palace matches, so far. One more than De Boer I suppose, so explains all the Palace giddiness, I'm sure.

But against your big rivals, the first game you look for when the fixtures come out in June ?
1000 days ? That must hurt ?

We’re getting there on the pitch, even with your blue and white tinted specs on, you must of seen the improvement from our last victory against you ?

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
But against your big rivals, the first game you look for when the fixtures come out in June ?

We’re getting there on the pitch, even with your blue and white tinted specs on, you must of seen the improvement from our last victory against you ?

Why would it hurt? Why did you let it bounce?

It's very hard not to see the improvement. You have stunk the league out for years with your boring, anti-football. You lot must be made up now. We have had great football to watch for a few years now sweetie.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Not really your last game against us when you won, was away from home, but this game you were at home and failed to win, where is the improvement in results?

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

Well I keep hearing you battered us... Yes you had 1 more shot on target than last time even with your new super striker that you beat every team in the premier league for his signature...

You lot are easily pleased!

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina

The performance was improved but you only created one chance during the whole match so I think it’s too early to say Vieira is going to take you up the league.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

I tend to look for fixtures against the bigger clubs, those that we'll finish around, I am interested in the relegation zone, of course, but only for my own amusement, which is where you guys come in.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
It's worth pointing out here, that after 6 games last season, Palace were 8th with 10 points.
Hardly an improvement is it? Perhaps the wheels are falling off the Vauxhall Vieira jalopy already. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here