Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Morning :smile:

Let's be honest, we played you off the park last night, you couldn't handle our press and we played some decent passing football, I take great satisfaction in that as it shows how far we have progressed since Roy left and Pat came in to replace him. Yes, it hurt to concede with the last kick of the game but the way you lot are talking are is as if you beat us. Your plummet down the league starts Saturday when Arsenal come to town :bigwave:

Haha, it shows how starved of any decent football you are if you think that was playing us off the park. Other than the penalty, you created one other good chance. We created 2 clear cut chances so a draw was fair.

After you raving about your new centre backs, Guehi bottled a challenge in the last minute to let Maupay through and Andersen’s lack of pace was exposed on more than one occasion but we should have tested him more.

Not a bad evening that we can get a deserved draw despite us being at our worst and you being at your best.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

Let's be honest, we played you off the park last night, you couldn't handle our press and we played some decent passing football, I take great satisfaction in that as it shows how far we have progressed since Roy left and Pat came in to replace him. Yes, it hurt to concede with the last kick of the game but the way you lot are talking are is as if you beat us. Your plummet down the league starts Saturday when Arsenal come to town :bigwave:[/QUOTE

Played us off the park? Really - you were better than us first half - very even second half - poor game IMO - we were certainly not at our best.

It must REALLY hurt when we played so poorly ( I guess not having our best player plus record signing both out injured might have something to do with that) and yet you couldn't beat us.

It must REALLY hurt when Maupay beat your static (yet much hyped CBs) for pace to finish and you have to watch the traveling fans celebrate.

Loved the new stand BTW

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
To be honest, the way we've been playing I thought we'd win comfortably and was disappointed with the way we played.

There's no doubt PV seems to be an upgrade on Woy and you did OK, but in no way "played us off the park".

We were lucky at the end but that's the sort of luck we couldn't even hope for last season.

I'm happy to wait until the end of the season and see where we both sit, no doubt we've had the easier of the first six games so we'll see how this pans out.

What I will say is Brighton are a far better run club than Palace, with a superior ground, Academy and commitment to their fans and community, on the park I think this is the season we rise above you as well to complete the set!

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Not quite the realisation of Palace Biggest Fear that we were all hoping for but given the expectation( not the hope) was that a draw would be the outcome I think both sides can be satisfied with the result, if not the quality of 94 and half minutes. That last 60seconds though!

Certainly Palace are better than many of us thought they would be, but doesn't it speak volumes when they are openly using a draw at home against us playing quite badly as proof of how far they have come! None of this , we should be beating teams like malarkey

Every single one of us would have taken P6 W4 D1 L1 Pts 13 at the start of the season and thought that it was almost an impossible outcome. To be level on points with second in the table, one point behind the leaders-even after only 6 games is beyond anything we would have expected.

Palace fans must be looking south with envious eyes,although they can take heart that they arent as bad as expected . Last night will feel as much like a loss to them as it felt like a win to us, The looks on the players and fans faces was a thing of beauty, and Wilf throwing a strop with Maupay capped the evening.

Seldom have I sat through a game feeling so dejected from the first few mins to the 94th, and yet so elated at 96!

We didn't win, but we are effectively joint second in the table, most points, wins, fewest losses ever at this level .

Just unbelievable

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

Let's be honest, we played you off the park last night, you couldn't handle our press and we played some decent passing football, I take great satisfaction in that as it shows how far we have progressed since Roy left and Pat came in to replace him. Yes, it hurt to concede with the last kick of the game but the way you lot are talking are is as if you beat us. Your plummet down the league starts Saturday when Arsenal come to town :bigwave:

A Chelsea player was head and shoulders above the rest of your drones. Without him you were less than average. With him, you got a draw against a team missing their best player and two starting XI defenders - at home. And as for playing us off the park, check the actual stats. Remove the penalty and even your expected goals was worse than ours.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

stats.jpg

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

Your press was decent but yielded nothing.
The only bit of quality last night was Veltman's assist and Maupay's finish other than that it was dog shit from both teams.

The fact that you're taking "great satisfaction" from that performance is very amusing.

Thanks for biting.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012

This is why I have found the media narrative about smash and grab a bit odd. Because we didn’t dominate like we usually do it was a brilliant palace display. If we had been given the penalty at 0-0 when Welbeck was clipped and the shocking tackle on the same player had been seen then it would have been very different game.

Sanchez had a couple of shots that were effectively backpasses to save but otherwise it was just the pen.

I can’t compute the palace fans shouting that they battered us. Imagine having a bar that low. Sheesh. We were really poor and slow in the middle of the park and even then they didnt create anything in open play (the only big chance came from us messing up a simple ball)

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton

Lets see where you are after 18 months with PV. He usually starts well then the middle of the next season he fails.

Played us off the park? That's probably the worst we have played this season, without our star player and two first team defenders. I'm glad you lot are using us as a bench mark. Shows how far ahead of you we are, in all areas.

You play much better than you did under Roy, but you're not creating chances which i would be worried about if i was a Palace fan. How many goals from open play this season?

So suck it up buttercup and run along and accept we are better than you.

MIND THE F*CKING GAP.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013

Your press was decent. Gallagher does it well and others follow. Without him it’s half as affective. Unfortunately for us Bissouma missed out as he makes escaping the press so much easier with his power and speed.
Defiantly shift in style for you guys but if that team played like the old Roy one it would get battered as it’s not cut out to defend the penalty box.
You say played off the park. You created 1 chance all game from open play that somehow he managed to slide wide. The rest was just a lot of huff and puff with nothing much going on. We didn’t create much more maybe 2 decent chances from open play and a decent headed chance for Duffy. That is your best 11. We have 3/4 cogs that would come in and start in key positions who are all out. You were nothing special
Happy with a point 13 from 6 games is a great return point keeps our momentum going nicely and the manor makes it a lot sweeter. At the end of the day points on the board is what matters.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Palace were spirited and energetic. Without Bissouma, we struggled to break their press. It was the worst game to be missing him, because he would have made a massive difference. Gallagher got a lot of plaudits, but he was up against Adam Lallana and Pascal Gross in our central midfield, not much of a physical challenge. Their problem going forward is going to be balancing this work rate with creativity. I was so annoyed about the penalty because they created very little during their periods of dominance in the first half. They need the injured creative players fit to change this. However, their selection will likely impact on the press as energetic runners like Ayew will be the ones to give way. Their other problem is that their best player, on last night's evidence by a considerable margin, is on loan and not likely to end up there permanently. As we all told Milo before the season began, their new centre backs have a lot of work ahead of them.

The most frustrating thing about us last night actually wasn't the struggle with the press. We've seen that before and, its annoying to watch, but if you defend well, it only has to work once or twice to win you the game. The lack of quality on set pieces was what really let us down. Liverpool scored three set piece goals against them at the weekend. We wasted opportunity after opportunity with the ball going to the wrong area. It really wasn't Pascal's best match for us. I was surprised to see him and not Moder in the starting line up. I would never under estimate Gross's contribution, but this one felt like we needed horses for courses and I would have liked to have seen Jakob trusted to play in Biss's place.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Palace were spirited and energetic. Without Bissouma, we struggled to break their press. It was the worst game to be missing him, because he would have made a massive difference. Gallagher got a lot of plaudits, but he was up against Adam Lallana and Pascal Gross in our central midfield, not much of a physical challenge. Their problem going forward is going to be balancing this work rate with creativity. I was so annoyed about the penalty because they created very little during their periods of dominance in the first half. They need the injured creative players fit to change this. However, their selection will likely impact on the press as energetic runners like Ayew will be the ones to give way. Their other problem is that their best player, on last night's evidence by a considerable margin, is on loan and not likely to end up there permanently. As we all told Milo before the season began, their new centre backs have a lot of work ahead of them.

The most frustrating thing about us last night actually wasn't the struggle with the press. We've seen that before and, its annoying to watch, but if you defend well, it only has to work once or twice to win you the game. The lack of quality on set pieces was what really let us down. Liverpool scored three set piece goals against them at the weekend. We wasted opportunity after opportunity with the ball going to the wrong area. It really wasn't Pascal's best match for us. I was surprised to see him and not Moder in the starting line up. I would never under estimate Gross's contribution, but this one felt like we needed horses for courses and I would have liked to have seen Jakob trusted to play in Biss's place.

Yeah this.

Biss will be leaving soon.Moder is in prime position to replace him.
We should be giving him the experience whenever we can.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

Yet you had less possession, the same number of shots and less shots on target - at home. Just like last season, you only scored because of your regulation penalty award.

Don't come on here claiming that looking neat and tidy in the middle, but ineffective up front and occasionally sloppy at the back means you'll be successful. These grandmas know how to suck eggs.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
It seems like most palace fans don’t share Milo’s deluded optimism. There were only 22,000 tickets sold for yesterday’s match and probably under 20,000 actually in the stadium.

Milo

Banned
Jul 9, 2021
Lets see where you are after 18 months with PV. He usually starts well then the middle of the next season he fails.

Played us off the park? That's probably the worst we have played this season, without our star player and two first team defenders. I'm glad you lot are using us as a bench mark. Shows how far ahead of you we are, in all areas.

You play much better than you did under Roy, but you're not creating chances which i would be worried about if i was a Palace fan. How many goals from open play this season?

So suck it up buttercup and run along and accept we are better than you.

MIND THE F*CKING GAP.

Mind the f*cking gap used after 6 games?? Lol!!! That just shows how desperate you are. Face it, you were bossed like night and very very lucky to escape with a draw, if Ayew had his finishing boots on you were out of there with a 2-0 loss, Carragher said on Sky we fully deserved the 3 points. You are the worst team I've seen at Selhurst in around 9 months of football, Sheff Utd being the last worse in January. Oh, but we had no Bissouma I hear you cry? Well get used to it as he's off in January and you're f**ked without him, a one man team. We didn't have Eze last night either so it all evens itself out chaps.

It's so funny to see how deluded you lot are, it's like you genuinely believe that you could get Europe this year or even top 4. You've played some of the worst teams in the league so far and none of the big 6, it's all downhill from here for you, starting with the Gunners on Saturday.

To see us play you off the park last night must have been pretty hard to take for you all. You most prob expected another performance like the last Amex game but no, Vieria's Palace is a different animal and we are only gonna get better once Olise, Hughes, Ferguson and Eze come into the team :clap2:

Last edited:

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Mind the f*cking gap used after 6 games?? Lol!!! That just shows how desperate you are. Face it, you were bossed like night and very very lucky to escape with a draw, if Ayew had his finishing boots on you were out of there with a 2-0 loss, Carragher said on Sky we fully deserved the 3 points. You are the worst team I've seen at Selhurst in around 9 months of football, Sheff Utd being the last worse in January. Oh, but we had no Bissouma I hear you cry? Well get used to it as he's off in January and you're f**ked without him, a one man team. We didn't have Eze last night either so it all evens itself out chaps.

It's so funny to see how deluded you lot are, it's like you genuinely believe that you could get Europe this year or even top 4. You've played some of the worst teams in the league so far and none of the big 6, it's all downhill from here for you, starting with the Gunners on Saturday.

To see us play you of park last night must have been pretty hard to take for you all. You most prob expected another performance like the last Amex game but no, Vieria's Palace is a different animal and we are only gonna get better once Olise, Hughes, Ferguson and Eze come into the team :clap2:

I'll sleep well tonight after reading this.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

To see us play you off the park last night must have been pretty hard to take for you all. You most prob expected another performance like the last Amex game but no, Vieria's Palace is a different animal and we are only gonna get better once Olise, Hughes, Ferguson and Eze come into the team :clap2:

Screenshot_20210928-001538__01__01__01.jpg

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina

I can’t be bothered to read through the whole thread but I assume this guy has been outed as a wind up merchant rather than a genuine palace as there’s no way these can be serious posts.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Oooh someone’s a bit tired and fractious tonight :lolol:

Fecking it up in the last minute hurts doesn’t it? If you think you bossed us you clearly didn’t see the games between us last season that was bossing, check the BBC stats, for all your running around you created very little and got a penalty that shouldn’t have been given after that scything down of Welbeck a few seconds earlier. Just be grateful you had a homer ref, otherwise I imaging you’d have ended up losing if the game had finished 0-0 at half time.

We were well below par but we certainly weren’t bossed :shrug:

Oh and there are very few fans who think we’ll end up in a European place, that’s a delusion reserved for Palace fans year on year.

How old are you btw? Still at school?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here