[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
Your being silly and you know it :)

Says the man who came out with "Palace has a rich history in developing world-class football talent"

:ffsparr:

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Again sounds good but not true.

The club secured a long-term lease for the Academy site opposite its first-team training ground on Copers Cope Road, Beckenham, in December 2018, with planning permission for a major upgrade to facilities formally granted last month, with works well underway.
When you say “with works well underway” is that in the same way that your impressive new stand is well under way?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
So you are saying anyone who owns a flat doesnt because they pay ground rent to a lease holder ?

Your being silly and you know it :)

just as silly as you lot saying we have a shed load of debt and don't own our ground!

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
Again sounds good but not true.

The Premier League has awarded Crystal Palace F.C’s Academy Category 1 status following an independent assessment – the highest category possible for academies in the country.

Palace has a rich history in developing world-class football talent, with 36 players coming through the Academy ranks to reach the first-team in the last 15 years, making more than 1,000 appearances collectively for the Eagles. The latest Academy graduate coming through the ranks was full-back Tyrick Mitchell, who made his first appearance during July’s match against Leicester City.

The club secured a long-term lease for the Academy site opposite its first-team training ground on Copers Cope Road, Beckenham, in December 2018, with planning permission for a major upgrade to facilities formally granted last month, with works well underway.

Club Chairman Steve Parish said: "Achieving Category 1 status is the culmination of an immense amount of hard work from our staff, and it is an incredible achievement in such a short space of time since securing the land and planning permission.

"Our ambition is to have one of the country’s leading football academies to capitalise on the hotbed of footballing talent in south London. The investment in the playing facilities, education offering and player care provision will enable us to attract and develop the next generation of Wilfried Zahas and Aaron Wan-Bissakas.

"Furthermore, we are committed to having a transformational impact on the lives of the wider community and especially the 200 plus boys that are directly in our care at any one time, whether they make it to the professional ranks or not.

"The whole Academy site will also be widely used by the club to enhance our presence in the community – not just the playing facilities. We are looking at ways we can positively affect the lives of young people using the education facilities for job training and further education.

"I would finally like to take this opportunity to thank the thousands of our supporters who have already generously committed to becoming Academy Founder Members, helping us further enhance this magnificent project for the benefit of our young players for years to come."

name one

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Palace has a rich history in developing world-class football talent

:lol:

Could you just fire me off 5 of these world class players developed at CPFC CPFC03 or CPFC2010 pls? In this instance I’ll let you have all 3 as one club.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Its actually all but finished...but I understand your doubts :)

Looking good.

pomphrey1.jpg

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
It reads good but its not correct.

U18s manager , Paddy McCathy ( I think they won their league )
U23s Shaun Derry, Got the U23s promoted.
Sporting director, Dougie Freedman
Goal keeping coach Dean Kiely

And various other list of academy staff and sports science people 15 in all. Actually its quite mind boggling looking at the list, Analysts physios and even a "soft tissue therapist" !!

Actually forgot about Shaun Derry, loved him as a player, could do a job ?

Shaun Derry has come in from 66/1 to about 20/1.

Could be a good bet, he'll have no illusions about the size of both the task, and the budget.

So he wouldn't have an excuse to run a mile when he met Parish for the first time.

No doubt it's all Smoke and Mirrors (tm)

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
:lol:

Could you just fire me off 5 of these world class players developed at CPFC CPFC03 or CPFC2010 pls? In this instance I’ll let you have all 3 as one club.

I suppose its what you class and would class, so let go for just a few capped players.

Kenny Sansom
Gareth Southgate
Nathaniel Clyne
Terry Fenwick
Aaron Wanbissaka
Victor Moses

There are few more but not much point naming some as you will disagree as is your right.

Not really mentioned, Vince Hilaire , Billy Gilbert or Jerry Murphy all who should have been and in my mind where world class ( might be my age ? )

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The worry for them is Spurs and Everton haven’t employed anyone & they’re streets behind both in terms of absolutely everything. Let alone all the out of contract players and the SEGW wanting out - it’s a really worrying time for them. They always manage something though as many consider them the luckiest club in the country…

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I suppose its what you class and would class, so let go for just a few capped players.

Kenny Sansom
Gareth Southgate
Nathaniel Clyne
Terry Fenwick
Aaron Wanbissaka
Victor Moses

There are few more but not much point naming some as you will disagree as is your right.

Not really mentioned, Vince Hilaire , Billy Gilbert or Jerry Murphy all who should have been and in my mind where world class ( might be my age ? )

Tbf that’s a great list of world class talent there. I tip my hat to you :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports