Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
making more than 1,000 appearances collectively for the Eagles.

Sounds like a big number but not really much of a brag when you consider that Zaha made about a third of those on his own. Our academy has only been built for ten years. We had White, Sanchez, Dunk, Connolly & March in last year's squad. We can exceed the 1,000 appearances for the first team with just four players.

Dunk 313
March 186
Elphick 153
El Abd 300

I'm not claiming that our academy is a massive success, just pointing out that referencing over 1,000 combined home grown appearances is something most teams could do.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Sounds like a big number but not really much of a brag when you consider that Zaha made about a third of those on his own. Our academy has only been built for ten years. We had White, Sanchez, Dunk, Connolly & March in last year's squad. We can exceed the 1,000 appearances for the first team with just four players.

Dunk 313
March 186
Elphick 153
El Abd 300

I'm not claiming that our academy is a massive success, just pointing out that referencing over 1,000 combined home grown appearances is something most teams could do.

Top stating [MENTION=22849]Stato[/MENTION]

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You know those summer transfer threads that keep bouncing to the top and each time you think 'please let there be news' ?

Each time this thread gets bounced I'm thinking, please let there be no news whatsoever, and day after day, week after week it keeps delivering :thumbsup:

It was 6 days between letting CH go and announcing GP (just saying :wink:)

Last edited:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I suppose its what you class and would class, so let go for just a few capped players.

Kenny Sansom
Gareth Southgate
Nathaniel Clyne
Terry Fenwick
Aaron Wanbissaka
Victor Moses

There are few more but not much point naming some as you will disagree as is your right.

Not really mentioned, Vince Hilaire , Billy Gilbert or Jerry Murphy all who should have been and in my mind where world class ( might be my age ? )

Kenny Sansom did sort of come through the palace youth team but was actually brought in from QPR after Venables moved from there to Selhurst and recommended him to Malcolm Allison. The story goes that Sansom's gangster dad, George, who had left the family home and was nothing to do with Kenny, let alone the deal (but quite a frightening character), demanded money to okay the move. So Allison and chairman Ray Bloye went round Bloye's chain of butchers shops taking readies from the tills to give to Sansom Sr.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Kenny Sansom did sort of come through the palace youth team but was actually brought in from QPR after Venables moved from there to Selhurst and recommended him to Malcolm Allison. The story goes that Sansom's gangster dad, George, who had left the family home and was nothing to do with Kenny, let alone the deal (but quite a frightening character), demanded money to okay the move. So Allison and chairman Ray Bloye went round Bloye's chain of butchers shops taking readies from the tills to give to Sansom Sr.

and a set of tracksuits?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
So the best candidate for the job was not even on the list that the Palace board had drawn up since knowing Roy was off? Best part of a year to sort out candidates given Roy's age and contract end date.

That is unbelievable.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

That's what I was thinking. Unless Roy was undecided about signing another contract (if there even was a discussion of one) or the board were undecided about keeping him?

Meanwhile, I'm sure there was a Palace poster on here who kept dropping not so subtle hints about knowing the identity of the new manager. I'm guessing they really didn't have a clue what was going on...

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I suppose its what you class and would class, so let go for just a few capped players.

Kenny Sansom
Gareth Southgate
Nathaniel Clyne
Terry Fenwick
Aaron Wanbissaka
Victor Moses

There are few more but not much point naming some as you will disagree as is your right.

Not really mentioned, Vince Hilaire , Billy Gilbert or Jerry Murphy all who should have been and in my mind where world class ( might be my age ? )

It would have been quicker to write: 'My mistake, we haven't produced any World Class players.'

Although offering Terry Fenwick as a response to a question asking for world class players is comedy gold.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
You know those summer transfer threads that keep bouncing to the top and each time you think 'please let there be news' ?

Each time this thread gets bounced I'm thinking, please let there be no news whatsoever, and day after day, week after week it keeps delivering [emoji106]

It was 6 days between letting CH go and announcing GP (just saying :wink:)

And we were scouting Potter whilst CH was in a job and I'm sure as sh8t we already have a list of candidates if/when Potter leaves/is sacked.

For most of their supporters to want Dyche is saying something. Why would he go to them when Burnley is more attractive.

As for [MENTION=23111]Dougie[/MENTION] coming on here all smug that he had ITK info on their next manager, and was happy with it, shows what an absolute weapon he is and is the fraud we all know him to be. [emoji4]

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia

Kenny Sansom
Gareth Southgate
Nathaniel Clyne
Terry Fenwick
Aaron Wanbissaka
Victor Moses

Vince Hilaire always looked world class playing for Bognor Regis when ever I saw him playing there :thumbsup:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
It's funny how spin works.

'We didn't want Brett Farve, his people actually came to the club, not the other way around'.

If that were to be true.

Of all the vacancies in Planet Football, Farve sounded out palace.
He actively wanted palace.
The palace job was the one he was chasing...

... At the 11th hour he refused to sign the contact for the job he pushed himself to the head of the queue, preferring instead to stay unemployed.

I don't think that's quite how spin works. :lol:

It was what convinced him he had major problems in his life and that a complete break from football was needed. Sometimes you have to hit rock bottom to recognise your problems. Thoughts and prayers and all that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here