Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Looking at their fixtures, at least they’ve got an easy start.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I’m just watching the Holland- Czech game.

The Dutch play such good football, I’m surprised that Palace haven’t tried to get their manager. He would appear to tick all the boxes for them.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
No he’s shit, but I like the other Dutch right wing back Dumfries.

I think Aanholt is leaving palace regardless.

This.
How Van Aanholt gets in the side in front of Joel Veltman I will never know

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Apparently the Palace fans think it’s down to Cooper or Lampard. It’s rumoured that Cooper will be going to Fulham to replace Scott Parker. Makes sense and Fulham are probably a better prospect for Cooper than Palace.
So it will then be down to Lampard who I thought had been discounted near the start of the process. I’m now not sure that Lampard would take it anyway as it would hardly look good for him to be seen as the last resort. Dyche is staying at Burnley.
Therefore it’s Dougie in to save the day!
It will be interesting to see how this one plays out.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Apparently the Palace fans think it’s down to Cooper or Lampard. It’s rumoured that Cooper will be going to Fulham to replace Scott Parker. Makes sense and Fulham are probably a better prospect for Cooper than Palace.
So it will then be down to Lampard who I thought had been discounted near the start of the process. I’m now not sure that Lampard would take it anyway as it would hardly look good for him to be seen as the last resort. Dyche is staying at Burnley.

Shame none of them still log on to NSC and comment, genuinely interested to know what they are thinking (except that **** Dougie, I have no time for him)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I think that they need to be realistic now, a couple of top coaches have interviewed and turned them down, almost certainly because the club is skint. They probably need to be looking at the next tier of coaches (Bilic, Wilder, Silva..etc) someone who'd be happy to have a job at a club like theirs.

Bilic would do a good job, he seems to fit the bill too with his personality.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
It will be a really desperate manager to talk on the job . It will have to be someone who has been out of work for a long time as they are on a loser. To be fair Roy did an amazing job for them, so maybe he will come back.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think that they need to be realistic now, a couple of top coaches have interviewed and turned them down, almost certainly because the club is skint. They probably need to be looking at the next tier of coaches (Bilic, Wilder, Silva..etc) someone who'd be happy to have a job at a club like theirs.

I'm not too sure what Bilic has done to deserve relegation into 'the next tier'.

Of all the names I've seen connected to the job, I've have taken Bilic second behind the fella I'd never heard of until he turned them down, preferring to stay unemployed.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Agreed. I would be a bit upset if Bilic got the job. He would be a very decent appointment.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Shame none of them still log on to NSC and comment, genuinely interested to know what they are thinking (except that **** Dougie, I have no time for him)

I do I like banter and your ever wanting to be better…. I said from day one I bet Freedman gets the job. Even though I am not so sure now ?

Apparently Fauve or what ever is name is approached palace first or his management team did they chatted and he changed his mind, it didn’t really bother me TBH as I had never heard of him before.

I am not that bothered or worried as it will all turn out ok in the end. And it’s the cricket season which is much more important if I am honest .

Adders1

Jan 14, 2013

Surely Mark ‘how do I continue to get work’ Hughes is due another crack at a lower half PL team? :smile:

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
If I was a Palace fan I'd be wanting Wilder, with Freedman allowing him to select the purchases he wants within their tight budget.

But it would appear Parish wants Freedman to oversee recruitment of players, which is a framework that Wilder won't work in.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Agreed. I would be a bit upset if Bilic got the job. He would be a very decent appointment.

Don’t think it can now be called ‘getting the job’ now they’re on about 5th choice. Getting suggests someone’s been rewarded - it’s gonna be them begging whoever gets it now - shambles club. Wonder if they’ve started pre season yet..?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I do I like banter and your ever wanting to be better…. I said from day one I bet Freedman gets the job. Even though I am not so sure now ?

Apparently Fauve or what ever is name is approached palace first or his management team did they chatted and he changed his mind, it didn’t really bother me TBH as I had never heard of him before.

I am not that bothered or worried as it will all turn out ok in the end. And it’s the cricket season which is much more important if I am honest .
So the best candidate for the job was not even on the list that the Palace board had drawn up since knowing Roy was off? Best part of a year to sort out candidates given Roy's age and contract end date.

That is unbelievable.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I agree, most clubs these days have a structured management running through from junior all the way up to U23 level that runs without much impact from 1st team manager / coach. So when a manager leaves it doesn’t impact the club at all the other levels, this is why Nuno will struggle as he wanted to bring 8 staff with him.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
So the best candidate for the job was not even on the list that the Palace board had drawn up since knowing Roy was off? Best part of a year to sort out candidates given Roy's age and contract end date.

That is unbelievable.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

I don’t know and nor does anyone else.

We can second guess but we would be wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here