Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
We rated him, you fool of course we did, that is why we signed him after he was released by Southampton, we developed him, sent him on loans to further his potential, and we rated him so much we refused a 20 million pound bid by the Champions of Yorkshire, played him for neigh on a full season. He has worked his way into the England set up, and rather than stunt his progress and the chance of capturing more up and coming stars of the future who might see us as a stepping stone who we can develop, we did not stand in his way....

I think we rate him highly....

You know that anyway.

Of course I do, that’s why I used him to point out why I disagreed with the post I quoted.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
There is no similarity at all. We loaned out Ben White as a young player to help him develop, and it worked very well. Lyon paid €30 million for Andersen and then a season later loaned him out as a 24 year old. Other than the word loan, they have literally nothing in common

I really didn’t think it needed spelling out but the post I quoted suggested that loaning him out meant that “They clearly didn't rate him”. I used Ben White, who was also loaned out a year ago, as an example that loaning someone out doesn’t automatically equate to a club not rating a player.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I really didn’t think it needed spelling out but the post I quoted suggested that loaning him out meant that “They clearly didn't rate him”. I used Ben White, who was also loaned out a year ago, as an example that loaning someone out doesn’t automatically equate to a club not rating a player.

Lyon paid a minimum of 24m. He played 31 games and was then sent out on loan followed by being sold for 17m …..
That fits the bill of not rating someone good enough for the team and therefore is nothing like Ben White.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Lyon paid a minimum of 24m. He played 31 games and was then sent out on loan followed by being sold for 17m …..
That fits the bill of not rating someone good enough for the team and therefore is nothing like Ben White.

This

In fact a more accurate comparison would be with us loaning out Locadia or Andone.
But that wouldn't suit the whataboutery agenda.

Same old Palace.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

My post you originally quoted didn't say a player who is loaned out is clearly not rated. It did say that was the case for Andersen as they signed him for a big fee, played him for a season and then loaned him to a Premier League team. A year later, despite a decent season at Fulham, they have decided to sell him for a loss. To me that shows they didn't rate him, or at least he wasn't going to play there. Ben White was loaned out for development so a completely different situation.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It’s as if the gimmers coming on here after every signing were expecting us to be shocked - they had about 8 players so are obviously going to sign a lot (With someone else’s money obviously). Some may be half decent (Luxury player but Eze was a solid 6/10 last season for example) and some will be shit (Too many to list over recent years), but it’s not a shock they’ve signed players as they didn’t have enough to make a team. So, let’s see how they gel. I know there have been demands of top 4/6 for many years from the 2010 followers and I’ve heard many suggest with the signing of the Swansea lad and the Fulham defender they’re nailed on for top 6 again, but time will tell. Fingers crossed they’re wrong again.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
You must have more than 11 first team squad players now. Incredible. Quality? Who knows?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only one of the four has played any meaningful premier league games …. And he got relegated.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
It’s as if the gimmers coming on here after every signing were expecting us to be shocked - they had about 8 players so are obviously going to sign a lot (With someone else’s money obviously). Some may be half decent (Luxury player but Eze was a solid 6/10 last season for example) and some will be shit (Too many to list over recent years), but it’s not a shock they’ve signed players as they didn’t have enough to make a team. So, let’s see how they gel. I know there have been demands of top 4/6 for many years from the 2010 followers and I’ve heard many suggest with the signing of the Swansea lad and the Fulham defender they’re nailed on for top 6 again, but time will tell. Fingers crossed they’re wrong again.

You can do better than this. :down:

Milo

Banned
Jul 9, 2021
5 first team signings in, 4 of them top notch and the 5th, a 3rd choice keeper, which was much needed for the squad.

Great times to be a Palace fan.

To think we may have a starting X1 this good at some point in the season really is exciting:

Guaita

Ferguson Andersen Guehi Mitchell

Gallagher Reidewald

Olise Eze Zaha

Benteke

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
5 first team signings in, 4 of them top notch and the 5th, a 3rd choice keeper, which was much needed for the squad.

To think we may have a starting X1 this good at some point in the season really is exciting:

Guaita

Ferguson Andersen Guehi Mitchell

Gallagher Reidewald

Olise Eze Zaha

Benteke

That team is potentially woefully bad apart from the line of luxury players / divers tbh.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You keep underestimating us, it'll hurt even more when we finish above you again.

Well it hasn’t ‘hurt’ once tbh fella - ever since your first admin nothing you do over us hurts or counts as you cheated. Wasn’t bothered about you finishing a few points above us whatsoever I assure you. I just know there’s a number of campaign groups against clubs who cheat like you - know of one in Bromley a few pals attend - they’re hell bent on spreading the word of CPFC2010 - think they’re Millwall and it’s called ‘The dead hand gang’ - have you heard of it? Meet in the red lion back room…?

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

You are the most deluded poster I have come across.. Your club has been signing relegation fodder and untried at PL players. Your manager is unproven. You will be going down this season, if you dont go bust (again) before then!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here