Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace fan embarrasses himself (and humanity)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Absolutely.

He's tried to play it right down but forgets that what's written on the internet, stays on the internet.

So he has used the derogatory term "towelhead" and quoted David Cameron - both quotes clearly mark him out as a bigoted nob. But are we really in the business of arresting people for that?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I know he's a nob for posting some embarrassing but ultimately fairly mild bigotry, but this is absolutely ridiculous. Inciting racial hatred? Please.
Without knowing the full details (and it's definitely best to post outrage before finding out the details), this.

He was an idiot. People online have pointed out he was an idiot. He's incited people to tell him he's an idiot. He hasn't incited anyone to be racist against anyone has he?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I wonder who made a compliant to the police or did they just act themselves on the media reporting

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Nails it imo.

Mohwasan Once - Via the Croydon Guardian said:
It gets worse...just wait now for the tales of the poor victimised Muslim 'community', who are suffering because of a spike in 'Islamophobia'... after yet another atrocity carried out by Islamists.

This is briefly (it's late you know) how it goes...

1. Atrocity perpetrated by Muslim terrorists, non Muslims throw hands up in horror, 'call me Dave' looks concerned, calls emergency meeting, media splash details of outrage on front pages, the top of the hour news on the box brings us reports directly from the scene. Most Muslims quietly indifferent. Some smirk with satisfaction at the brave sacrifices the 'brothers' have made in their justified war against the infidel.

2. Reports of 'Islamophobia' on the increase almost straight away, those 'guilty' pilloried in the media and/or arrested. Schitt storm of abuse hurled at these 'racist' thugs from all sides. What on earth were they thinking about, damaging the harmonious relationships we all enjoy in our utopian multi cultiverse?

3. Media up in arms over increased 'Islamophobia', editorials spouting that the atrocity has 'nothing to do with Islam', with 'call me Dave', the deluded left and the men with beards following suit - maybe not always in that order however.

4. Various theories are expounded by the great and the good about why these 'nothing to do with Islam' Muslim terrorists act the way they do. Our foreign policy, disaffected Muslim youte, unemployment and a lack of understanding are usually top of the list. Anyone who says otherwise or questions this obvious wisdom is shouted down as a 'racist' and/or an 'Islamophobe'. Any debate that hints at 'Islamophobia' snuffed out like a candle on a stormy night.

5. Various mosques and 'community centres' throw open their doors to the wider public, with bearded, bandy legged old men offering tea and biscuits to the non Muslim community, smiling away and showing them the true meaning of the self styled 'religion of peace' (guffaw). Any hate preachers due to speak at the mosque that week are told to wait a while. Muslim youte in the area raise money for charity - press coverage guaranteed.

6. Public successfully duped into feeling guilty about their anger towards the Muslim 'community' because after all, the atrocity perpetrated had 'nothing to do with Islam', and 'wasn't it nice, in that mosque, lovely bunch of people' being muttered by deluded and well put in their place dhimmis who took up the offer of PG Tips and a McVities Digestive (halal, natch).

7. Media loses interest in the atrocity, men with beards continue to serve tea and biccys, 'call me Dave' moves on with other, far more important business - public suitably cowed, brainwashed and feeling ever more guilty, fall in behind like automatons. 'Islamophobes' - those that haven't been locked up that is - trounced completely, and any other people that harboured similar thoughts think better of it, and shut the feck up.

8. Men with beards breathe easily, congratulate each other on a job well done, slaps on the back all round. Postponed hate preacher booked in for inspirational lecture next week, to be delivered to the youte. 'Call me Dave' carries on as if nothing had happened, media carry on likewise. Public hunch their shoulders, pay their bills, go to the footy, watch 'Corrie', have a 'ruby' on a Saturday night, come Sunday morning expel it in the lav, with a sound not that dissimilar to a flock of starlings and forget all about it...

9. Go back to # 1.

Should I now be waiting for a knock on my door from plod?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
So he has used the derogatory term "towelhead" and quoted David Cameron - both quotes clearly mark him out as a bigoted nob. But are we really in the business of arresting people for that?

I think the arrest is total overkill to be honest.

There's a serious problem going on which is causing many British/European/American/Australian (Anglo) people to think like this.
The root of the problem needs to be sorted.

He's well entitled to his opinion but all he's guilty of is being a total idiot for putting it out there for the whole world to see.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Nails it imo.

No, not really. There is an undercurrent of blame in that rather tedious and lazy piece attached to those of a Muslim background, and really, what are they supposed to do about it? All I know is that if it was Christian nutters blowing people up in other parts of the world, and I lived in a completely uninvolved country where Christians were a minority, I'd feel decidedly uncomfortable stumbling across this sort of drivel.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think the arrest is total overkill to be honest.
Agreed.

He's well entitled to his opinion but all he's guilty of is being a total idiot for putting it out there for the whole world to see.
Is he not guilty of being racist by saying "who cares if I insulted some towelhead"? That's an offence isn't it? I'm surprised it counts as 'inciting racial hatred' though.

Last edited:

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Agreed.

Has he not guilty of being racist by saying "who cares if I insulted some towelhead"? That's an offence isn't it? I'm surprised it counts as 'inciting racial hatred' though.

Very much agreed. I think it is a bit overkill but I think the Police have tried to use it to send out a message to people that you can't just put this bile on the internet and think it is OK.

The radio report I heard said he was arrested and then that he was questioned. I would assume he gets some form of slap on the wrist

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Has he not guilty of being racist by saying "who cares if I insulted some towelhead"? That's an offence isn't it? I'm surprised it counts as 'inciting racial hatred' though.

The tens of thousands of Twitter uses who posted of #StopIslam were committing an offense too, and most certainly incited racial hatred.
I wonder if a single Twitter user involved was arrested?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Very much agreed. I think it is a bit overkill but I think the Police have tried to use it to send out a message to people that you can't just put this bile on the internet and think it is OK.

The radio report I heard said he was arrested and then that he was questioned. I would assume he gets some form of slap on the wrist
Probably a good idea really.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The tens of thousands of Twitter uses who posted of #StopIslam were committing an offense too, and most certainly incited racial hatred.
Really? Excuse my naivety, but what's wrong with saying you want to stop a religion? I'm an atheist and people with faith want to stop me being an atheist, so should I not be able to do the same?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Really? Excuse my naivety, but what's wrong with saying you want to stop a religion? I'm an atheist and people with faith want to stop me being an atheist, so should I not be able to do the same?

I just presumed that the tens of thousands posting the hashtag were inciting racial hatred - therefore committing a crime.

The Racial and Religious Hatred Act 2006

----

But I think I'm going off-track.
I don't think the guy should have been arrested, and I don't think the Twitter users should be arrested.

There's a good reason that many people are feeling this way, and that clearly needs to be addressed.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

When will people stop using the term racist when talking about Islam.

It's nothing to do with race, it's an ideology no different to communism or facism.

Using your theory if you called a Catholic a kiddie fiddler that would be racist. Yet it's not. Not even close.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
When will people stop using the term racist when talking about Islam.

It's nothing to do with race, it's an ideology no different to communism or facism.

Using your theory if you called a Catholic a kiddie fiddler that would be racist. Yet it's not. Not even close.

The Twitter hashtag #StopIslam may fall into the The Racial and Religious Hatred Act.

Did you not read the link?

"Offences of stirring up hatred against persons on religious grounds"
The Racial and Religious Hatred Act

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I just presumed that the tens of thousands posting the hashtag were inciting racial hatred - therefore committing a crime.
Just my gut feeling that I wouldn't be responsible for everyone else posting, just what I post (not that I'd post such a thing).

People shouldn't be persecuted, or have hatred aimed at them, but I do want to be free to say that I think religion (and any specific religion) is a bad thing and we'd be better off without it, if I so choose.

There's a good reason that many people are feeling this way, and that clearly needs to be addressed.
Indeed. It's difficult to see this problem just disappearing of its own accord in the next 50 years.

Rotherham is a horrific example of the problems with avoiding a problem just because you don't want to offend anyone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here