Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace fan embarrasses himself (and humanity)

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
People shouldn't be persecuted, or have hatred aimed at them, but I do want to be free to say that I think religion (and any specific religion) is a bad thing and we'd be better off without it, if I so choose.

Absolutely.
I'm not free to say what I think about religion for fear of being persecuted myself.

The worst man-made invention of all time.
Well, after Handerpants obviously.

invention4.gif

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
The tens of thousands of Twitter uses who posted of #StopIslam were committing an offense too, and most certainly incited racial hatred.
I wonder if a single Twitter user involved was arrested?

90% of Tweets referencing #StopIslam were criticising the hashtag, fact fans.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
90% of Tweets referencing #StopIslam were criticising the hashtag, fact fans.
Those criticising the hashtag are going to jail!

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
The Twitter hashtag #StopIslam may fall into the The Racial and Religious Hatred Act.

Did you not read the link?

"Offences of stirring up hatred against persons on religious grounds"
The Racial and Religious Hatred Act

You said it would incite racial hatred. It's nothing to do with race or culture. It's about a backwards ideology that is not compatible with modern western society in its present guise.

It needs to be questioned and challenged from every angle possible. Not protected by some stupid pandering laws.

The double standards at present are mind boggling. The Catholic Church can be attacked from all angles and in any langauge people like with no recourse, yet Islam seems to
be protected from that same scrutiny. Why is that?

Isn't it the constant scrutiny in all forms of media that finally has the Catholic Church admitting its mistakes and making changes?

Why can't Islam be treated the same?

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
We are heading down a very rocky road if arrests are being made for online comments such as these. Yes it's in bad taste, but arrested and still in custody??? For a start Islam isn't a race so how is this guy being charged with inciting racial hatred? Where does it all end? Arrested for saying something anti government on twitter? Comedians such as Frankie Boyle say far worse stuff than this yet still perform on stage?

This country is becoming a complete laughing stock.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We are heading down a very rocky road if arrests are being made for online comments such as these. Yes it's in bad taste, but arrested and still in custody??? For a start Islam isn't a race so how is this guy being charged with inciting racial hatred? Where does it all end? Arrested for saying something anti government on twitter?

The law regarding discrimination and hate speech doesn't differentiate between race and religion.
Anti Semitism can be religious and racist.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
The law regarding discrimination and hate speech doesn't differentiate between race and religion.
Anti Semitism can be religious and racist.

In that case can we expect arrests for users tweeting about fat people or gingers?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You said it would incite racial hatred. It's nothing to do with race or culture. It's about a backwards ideology that is not compatible with modern western society in its present guise.
It's the way some people preach it that isn't compatible with western society (or basic human rights anywhere). I don't think that means that Islam itself isn't compatible. I agree with your other points though, the way it's preached should be challenged more.

For a start Islam isn't a race so how is this guy being charged with inciting racial hatred?
I would imagine he didn't actually check whether the women he spoke to was even religious, he was just offensive to her because of the colour of her skin.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
We are heading down a very rocky road if arrests are being made for online comments such as these. Yes it's in bad taste, but arrested and still in custody??? ....

Completely agree with your first comment definitely not a laughing matter though. A prime example of how dangerous it is when the state tries to censor and Police people's opinions.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Completely agree with your first comment definitely not a laughing matter though. A prime example of how dangerous it is when the state tries to censor and Police people's opinions.

Agreed... "Laughing stock" may have been the wrong choice of phrase in this instance, but along with everything else going on in the UK at the moment you get my drift.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Agreed... "Laughing stock" may have been the wrong choice of phrase in this instance, but along with everything else going on in the UK at the moment you get my drift.

You know he wasn't arrested for the original tweet, don't you? There were several more tweets which included derogatory racial terms, when people started replying to his tweet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here