Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace and Brighton, Brighton and Palace

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
I'd probably take a draw if offered now on the 31st.

And if I was Palace I'd snap anyone's hand off if they offered £5m for Zaha. Really think he is overrated. No denying he's a good player, but I don't think he's anything too special (yet anyway).

How's Williams doing with his recovery?

Zaha is no way the finished article yet. A bid of £5m would test the resolve of the owners.

Williams due back in training in mid-Feb so we should see him back this season.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Zaha is no way the finished article yet. A bid of £5m would test the resolve of the owners.

Williams due back in training in mid-Feb so we should see him back this season.

I've seen Zaha at the Amex, Old Trafford and the home games you've had on the telly, Derby, Cardiff and I think there was a 3rd one but can't remember who, and he just was far too inconsistant and showed signs of a bad temper which will get him into trouble. Suppose that's normal for wingers learning the game though.

Good news about Williams, he does look the real deal and should have a great future ahead of him. As long as there are no long term effects from the injury

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
I've seen Zaha at the Amex, Old Trafford and the home games you've had on the telly, Derby, Cardiff and I think there was a 3rd one but can't remember who, and he just was far too inconsistant and showed signs of a bad temper which will get him into trouble. Suppose that's normal for wingers learning the game though.

Good news about Williams, he does look the real deal and should have a great future ahead of him. As long as there are no long term effects from the injury

Birmingham - Zaha doesn't get enough goals for me. He'll bulk up and be a good player. Williams looks like he can pick a pass. We haven't had that sort of player for a while.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Forster-Caskey and Williams ...now theres an England central midfield pairing....

Might be getting a tad carried away mind... ;-)

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
Forster-Caskey and Williams ...now theres an England central midfield pairing....

Might be getting a tad carried away mind... ;-)

And Williams broke his leg playing for Wales u-21s. I think you can still change your mind at that stage?

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
I really hope Gus gets the team up for this game, but I feel that he doesn't really know the true meaning of Brighton v Palace compared to Freedman. I'll go for a draw as their form at home is good, 1-1.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I really hope Gus gets the team up for this game, but I feel that he doesn't really know the true meaning of Brighton v Palace compared to Freedman. I'll go for a draw as their form at home is good, 1-1.

He seemed to, given his quote after the Saints game - saying that win is second only to a win against Palace in the eyes of Albion fans. Let's hope he can convey that before 31st to the players. Get Oatway to do the teamtalk!

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
He seemed to, given his quote after the Saints game - saying that win is second only to a win against Palace in the eyes of Albion fans. Let's hope he can convey that before 31st to the players. Get Oatway to do the teamtalk!

Get Guy Butters in too

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Are my eyes deceiving me?!?!? A decent conversationalist thread between us and our rivals, with no abuse? I'm shitting it for the 31st, although I do feel that this game could create a nice Trilogy for the last two seasons. Started with Southampton on the 15th Nov, 2009, then Charlton on the 16th October, 2010 and it will finish nicely with Palace on the 31st January 2012.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I would be more than happy if we both carried this onwards to the end of the season, ie neck and neck with eachother. Our main goal for thsi season is to stay in mid table ( or be 1 place above the drop) but to finsyh higher would be a fantastic achievement. Speaking to some palace fans on Saturday after their game, they are pretty confident on mid table, BUT are not that confident in teh Cardiff game, although a trip to Wembley, we agreed should be a goal that most Championship clubs aspire to especially now as in most cup competitions, the premiership clubs seem to be content to chuck out reserves.

Begrudgingy of course, i would say after their efforts at Old Trafford, I wouldn't bemoan them a Wembley final!

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
I think Palace fans will have a nervous night at Cardiff but will come away with a 0-0 to make the final. I fancy us to get a sneaky 1-0 win at Selhurst.

Would Palace fans settle for this?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
What a good thread . It will be a close game on the 31st , our strengths are our defence and midfield and on our day we can be quite dangerous up top ( not enough for my liking ) For you , i havent seen much of your games , i feel you are still finding your feet but are doing quite well . Im quietly confident we have enough to beat you but it could go either way . As many have said its great to be playing the weed again , a PROPER derby !

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I think it'll be very close. The kind of game where form will go out the window. It'll be tough and I don't think there'll be more than one goal in it.

Exactly - I mean we were doing well during last time (one defeat to a very strong Leicester side) and they just lost to Donny , and look what happened

and as for 12th and 16th ... I reckon it'll be closer to that , I reckon 12th-13th/13th-14th , although who just sticking their beak in front is still too close to call

it's back to being a PROPER rivalry!!

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I think Palace fans will have a nervous night at Cardiff but will come away with a 0-0 to make the final. I fancy us to get a sneaky 1-0 win at Selhurst.

Would Palace fans settle for this?
Nah , i want the double .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here