Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace and Brighton, Brighton and Palace

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
Funny how we've both had good spells at various times this season but these haven't coincided. You've your noses in front now but remarkably similar records.

I think you're looking better going into the 31st. Dare I say it - I think I'd give up that night in favour of a place at Wembley. We're unlikely to go down and a trip to Wembley would be lovely.

I said BHA 12th and us 16th at the start of the season - could be about right with the expected dip in our league form should we prevail next week.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
I just think that its bloody great that we are competing on a level playing field for the first time in ages. Takes me back to being a teenager when my best mate was an Palace fan and we were similarly placed in the same division then... and argued constantly!

It's good to be back...

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I can see the 31st being an entertaining score draw 2-2 or similar.

As for final finish, I think we’ll both be in the top 10, just outside of the play-offs.

Oh and i'm not sure if your aware we have 18,000 st holders ;-)

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
I can see the 31st being an entertaining score draw 2-2 or similar.

As for final finish, I think we’ll both be in the top 10, just outside of the play-offs.

Oh and i'm not sure if your aware we have 18,000 st holders ;-)

I think you'd mentioned it.....

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We seem to blow very hot and cold, hopefully our 'hot' streak will continue for a bit now. Palace are very good at parking the bus, Cardiff seem to create lots of chances, something has got to give on the 24th...........a cup defeat could mean a loss of confidence for our friends up the road, a victory might just mean them having one eye on Wembley when we play them. Its all good.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
A good bit of friendly rivalry never hurt anyone, and probably stimulates the performance of both clubs.

As long as it stays like that. Mind you doesn't seem to work in Sheffield, or rather works in reverse..:lol:

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
We seem to blow very hot and cold, hopefully our 'hot' streak will continue for a bit now. Palace are very good at parking the bus, Cardiff seem to create lots of chances, something has got to give on the 24th...........a cup defeat could mean a loss of confidence for our friends up the road, a victory might just mean them having one eye on Wembley when we play them. Its all good.

Yup, second best defensive record in the league, but worst attack outside the bottom five clubs. We can ill afford to lose Zaha...

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Our away form is still relatively poor at best so I still make Palace strong favorites on the 31st

As someone else said, its just good to be on a level playing field for a change :)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Yup, second best defensive record in the league, but worst attack outside the bottom five clubs. We can ill afford to lose Zaha...
The sale of Zaha will mean funds for transfers in, you never know it could be the making of the team.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
We were looking better going into the last game as well.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Makes no odds. Palace lost to Donny before beating us and we were playing some good stuff in the lead up to it.

Anything can and will happen.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Funny how we've both had good spells at various times this season but these haven't coincided. You've your noses in front now but remarkably similar records.

I think you're looking better going into the 31st. Dare I say it - I think I'd give up that night in favour of a place at Wembley. We're unlikely to go down and a trip to Wembley would be lovely.

I said BHA 12th and us 16th at the start of the season - could be about right with the expected dip in our league form should we prevail next week.

Hope you are right! I have a bet with a mate who is a Palace fan that we'd finish above you. I was quite pissed when we struck said bet so I also laid it with 3 of our other mates (none of whom support Palace) as well. You were 5 points ahead of us at the time and we couldn't buy a win so they all thought it was easy money. It was pretty much the catalyst for us to have a decent run and you to f*** up. Been nip and tuck ever since. Did quite enjoy emailing them all this morning.

Also bet one of the other chaps that night who is a Spurs fan that CMS would score more goals this season than VdV. More concerned about that bet at the moment than the Palace one. Currently 8 each I believe (international goals count - but only up to the end of the season...cheeky git was trying to claim the euros as well!).

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
Our away form is still relatively poor at best so I still make Palace strong favorites on the 31st

As someone else said, its just good to be on a level playing field for a change :)

And our home form is average - having only won 4 and lost 2. Too many home draws to really push on.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
And our home form is average - having only won 4 and lost 2. Too many home draws to really push on.

So its got 0-0 or 1-1 written all over it then !

Strangly I would be happy with that, any away point is a good one :)

And probably most Palace fans would not mind it either as it would give them bragging rights this season with 4 points from the 2 fixtures.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I'd probably take a draw if offered now on the 31st.

And if I was Palace I'd snap anyone's hand off if they offered £5m for Zaha. Really think he is overrated. No denying he's a good player, but I don't think he's anything too special (yet anyway).

How's Williams doing with his recovery?

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
It is nice to have a well balanced debate - I work with 3 palace fans and i am very anxious about the 31st. I thought we would get beaten at the Amex and unfortunately i was right - regardless of Carling Cup exploits - i cant see us winning at smellhurst - maybe i am just negative - but i hope to god I am wrong been a shite 4 months at work...

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I think it'll be very close. The kind of game where form will go out the window. It'll be tough and I don't think there'll be more than one goal in it.

Attachments

• CPFCbadge.png
    CPFCbadge.png
    137.6 KB · Views: 49

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here