Eastbourne
7 place
100 million just invested
180 million tv money end of season
New signings on there way
Powerful squad of players
Selhurst about to be redeveloped
Living the dream
And yet, to get back on track, your fickle new 'supporters' flood out of the match many many minutes before it's all over.

Feb 14, 2010
The support has been amazing home and away for the last few seasons

That depends on your definition of fantastic. If Palace fans think that banging a drum when a spurs fan tells you to do so and only turning up when you are in the Premier League is "fantastic support" then your definition of fantastic is different to the rest of the country. Your support has been beyond embarrassing and you deserve the title of "Plastic Palace". You cant just get 20 thousand odd when in the Premier League and then all go missing when in the Championship with your club having to let adults to use kids season tickets to prevent crowds dipping below 10,000 for evening games and at the same time say its fantastic support. Your Ultras (as sad as the whole concept is) are also run by a Spurs fan for flippin hecks sake. You couldnt make it up, its comedy gold.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The support has been amazing home and away for the last few seasons

Shame it took promotion to the Premier League to achieve that though, right?

"I said to my son with about 7 mins left and with The Old Stand more than 50% per cent empty 'This is how it looked like for most of the last 35 years for the whole match' "

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
Little unfair palace fans have alway held there own on the noise front and Brighton fans have always traveled well
Palace have moved on light years of late and you
Would always expect to suck back fans lost in the leaner times that's football all clubs do it
I bet the Amex crowds dropped off last season and picked up again the season as the team did well I noticed a big upturn in the Ammount of shirts being worn locally again that's football
Selhurst looks to be on its way to a 40,000 seater studium which means we will need to attract new fans to the ground to fill it hopefully some of these will get the bug forever but lots won't the will drift in and out with the times
To be sitting with 31 points on the 1st of January 5th in the premiership is way beyond most of us older palace fans wildest dreams I still have to pinch myself every time I look at the table and I hope the inward investment will turn palace into a descant Premiership club for many years to come with some of the worlds best players strutting their stuff
If not I still be their moaning as normal :) as I will never forget where we came from , funny game football were all mad but it's in our blood
Now it's Brightons turn to step up and make the promised land you have it all , fantastic stadium , good support new training complex , nice pies it's all there and 180 million would change the club and local area forever the team just needs to make the way and ride it !

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Shame it took promotion to the Premier League to achieve that though, right?

"I said to my son with about 7 mins left and with The Old Stand more than 50% per cent empty 'This is how it looked like for most of the last 35 years for the whole match' "

Palace are in the top ten for clubs whose attendances go up most when they are promoted to the top division. http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/

Other clubs with large increases only when they are in the top division are the likes of Blackpool, Wigan and Bolton.

As these clubs are finding, and Palace have experienced during their previous debt write offs, if you have a house of cards, built on sand, when it goes wrong, it really goes wrong.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Selhurst looks to be on its way to a 40,000 seater studium which means we will need to attract new fans to the ground to fill it hopefully some of these will get the bug forever but lots won't the will drift in and out with the times

That's the second time you have quoted this as almost fact. Have you seen the the proposed changes that have been submitted for planning application, have any plans in fact been submitted,.If they have, any chance that the application maybe objected to by local residents, or is this just up there in Prince Charming's head like the plan for a new 40k ground back in 2010?
But I am looking forward to seeing a similar exit to Sundays game from a 40k stadium, that could be spectacular.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Herpes?

Sainsburys3tescos1

Jul 18, 2012
Unlike your lot. Home. The pub. Anywhere, in fact, to get away from Selhurst as it was raining a bit and you were losing.

Impressive support.

Unlike BHA of course who will all know buggered off early on that famous May playoff semi final night.
Shall I get the pictures out bozo?
Or maybe it didn't happen..
As you like banging on about how many come to worship BHA

Unlike BHA of course who will all know buggered off early on that famous May playoff semi final night.

Happy New Year to you.

May your cup floweth over with joyous joy in this year of 2016.:smile:

Sainsburys3tescos1

Jul 18, 2012
Palace are in the top ten for clubs whose attendances go up most when they are promoted to the top division. http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/

Other clubs with large increases only when they are in the top division are the likes of Blackpool, Wigan and Bolton.

As these clubs are finding, and Palace have experienced during their previous debt write offs, if you have a house of cards, built on sand, when it goes wrong, it really goes wrong.

You lot went from 6,500 to 25,000.Like a different club.

Even plucky old palace couldn't do that.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

This thread is just to highlight to the palace dullards who bang on and on and on about people leaving matches early at the AMEX, that they also leave early at Selhurst - allowing us to all see your plastic (seats). :rock:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Unlike BHA of course who will all know buggered off early on that famous May playoff semi final night

You lot like to mention the play-offs, but then I suppose for a club that's only 5 years old you've not had much to shout about. Well, you have, but the fans left too early to sing about it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Are you stupid?

Once again: I'm saying that right across football fans leave early, Brighton included. However, the way some Palace fans were pointing and laughing at Albion fans, we were led to believe that Palace and Selhurst Park were immune to this. I was impressed as I've seen early leavers everywhere. However, it seems as though Palace fans also leave early and in their thousands. Who knew?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here