PA System

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Don't know about anyone else but initially the PA was almost deafening in the WSU.

What did amuse me was the scoreboard at the end, Brighton 0-0 Peterborough with "some text" as goal scorers.

and the 50/50 draw thing , and the replay stuff... *tsk* someone was properly showing off :p

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Paul Samrah shouldn't be allowed any near a microphone. Leave it to people that know what they are doing.

Amazing how the mic never cut of when Richie Reynolds was using it, or that singer bloke didn't seem to have too many issues singing into it.

Paul Samrah + Microphone = Embarrasment

...and because you can't spell you shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a computer presumably?

I can understand people posting goofy remarks on here but your unpleasant comments were in response to a previous explanation of the actual situation, which you completely ignored.

Nasty.

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
It contributed to a great afternoon, it wouldn't be Brighton if there wasn't some sort of pantomime?

And as much as I doth my cap to Paul Samarah for all he has and continues to do for the Albion.

Myself and a fair few around me found it very funny - especially in that suit - that suits from Matalan, that suits from Matalan!

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
Oh well. Itll all iron itself out. It was a great day. There are always some things that dont go to plan. It didnt even work for Gods representative so it was never going to work for Paul Samrah.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
In Paul's defence it really wasn't his fault. 3 distinct and separate issues happened today with the PA and Mics. One of these issues was sorted by half-time and the other 2 are being dealt with as we speak. There is a dedicated and committed team working hard to make sure your match day enjoyment is all it can be.

Today's pre-match event was a very complicated piece of logistics that involved moving a lot of people around the stadium and getting timings just right. It was a very steep learning curve today, however, the good news is that the 'people' part of it worked flawlessly, the 'technicals' let us down.

This certainly was not our finest hour, but believe me when we say that we are looking into it and have learnt a lot from today's match - which, after all, was one of the reasons for the match in the first place.

Bear with us please, we are working our socks off.

This is NSC. All largely good fun to read. Some funny, some serious, most a mixture of both. Most realise its a ramp up.

In your opinion - do you think we will get the OK for the Donny game? Will the socks have been worked off by then?

Seriously - it doesn't matter. At Withdean I couldn't hear a f***ing thing for 12 years. This (and the pies) are a massive improvement. :)

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
This is NSC. All largely good fun to read. Some funny, some serious, most a mixture of both. Most realise its a ramp up.

In your opinion - do you think we will get the OK for the Donny game? Will the socks have been worked off by then?

Seriously - it doesn't matter. At Withdean I couldn't hear a f***ing thing for 12 years. This (and the pies) are a massive improvement. :)

A ramp up is one thing. Nastiness is another.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
PA was fuzzy and too loud where we were, in the east stand,

think this could be rectified by the Technical Team via the Bass and Sound Levels,

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
...and because you can't spell you shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a computer presumably?

I can understand people posting goofy remarks on here but your unpleasant comments were in response to a previous explanation of the actual situation, which you completely ignored.

Nasty.

Good response ! :thumbsup:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
All they need to do is locate an aerial for the radio mics so that it covers the area around the tunnel / tech areas. It's not exactly rocket science.

Perhaps they have already,they just don't work-who knows what those damn students get up to over the road in area 51.maybe they are building rockets.

Paul...It didn't detract from my day. I feel for you.
You are one of Brighton's behind the scenes legends and I know that the fact I got to sit in my seat at Falmer today was massively influenced by the hard work you have done for the club along with the Falmer 4 All team.
I really hope it didn't ruin your day and if it did I am sure the Albion playing at the stadium for the rest of your lifetime will pay you back for your contributions to the cause....Legend!!!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Paul apologies, it just seemed to be a problem for the legends bit but you're right the bish had the same problem. I wish you'd have had that problem when you were screaming like a mad old cow to "get off the pitch" last season.

The heir to the Bracknell title did some audio visual stuff for a charity do at the Amex a few weeks ago - and he reported huge disappointment at the quality of the facilities. And he's got a lot of experience in this sort of thing, from installing systems at the Meydan Racecourse in Dubai to working the AV kit on a summer-long tour of American and Canadian stadiums with Def Leppard.

ted hitchcock

Sep 7, 2009
Paul...It didn't detract from my day. I feel for you.
You are one of Brighton's behind the scenes legends and I know that the fact I got to sit in my seat at Falmer today was massively influenced by the hard work you have done for the club along with the Falmer 4 All team.
I really hope it didn't ruin your day and if it did I am sure the Albion playing at the stadium for the rest of your lifetime will pay you back for your contributions to the cause....Legend!!!

That's a really nice post - true spirit. Detractors should take heed. Paul has done, and will continue to do some amazing things for the Albion.

ted hitchcock

Sep 7, 2009

IMHO yes it will. Seriously, there is a bunch of people that haven't seen much of their families or beds for the last few days/weeks but have gone the extra mile for the cause. "Team Brighton" have been magnificent. The problems today were purely down to outside influences -they have been told!

D

Deleted User X18H

Paul Samrah shouldn't be allowed any near a microphone. Leave it to people that know what they are doing.

Amazing how the mic never cut of when Richie Reynolds was using it, or that singer bloke didn't seem to have too many issues singing into it.

Paul Samrah + Microphone = Embarrasment

Disgusting post . You sir , are an imbecile

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports