Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PA System

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Think there needs to be some serious work done on this next week to get it working properly for the Doncaster game.

Poor old Paul as it kept giving up on him.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Poor, poor Paul Samrah, that was just horrible for him.....

However, is it me or did no-one else have the same difficulty? Richard Reynolds and the tenor seemed to work it ok.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
All they need to do is locate an aerial for the radio mics so that it covers the area around the tunnel / tech areas. It's not exactly rocket science.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Poor, poor Paul Samrah, that was just horrible for him.....

However, is it me or did no-one else have the same difficulty? Richard Reynolds and the tenor seemed to work it ok.

They went further out on to the pitch. All they need to do is realign or add an aerial that covers the bench/tech area.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
No amplification of the band either, they could have played any old rubbish and nobody would have known any difference as you couldn't hear it.

Indeed, that was so obviously going to happen. Schoolboy error. Still it won't matter in future.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Pauls fault I'm afraid it worked when either he stood still or he stood further out on the pitch. No one else had the same problem with the same mike.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Great shame we could not hear the band but you would have thought when the CH band a few years back and that was drowned out as well.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Pauls fault I'm afraid it worked when either he stood still or he stood further out on the pitch. No one else had the same problem with the same mike.

But TBH it's not exactly a big deal to make these things work. And very easy to test. Still I am sure they will sort it out eventually.

ted hitchcock

Sep 7, 2009

In Paul's defence it really wasn't his fault. 3 distinct and separate issues happened today with the PA and Mics. One of these issues was sorted by half-time and the other 2 are being dealt with as we speak. There is a dedicated and committed team working hard to make sure your match day enjoyment is all it can be.

Today's pre-match event was a very complicated piece of logistics that involved moving a lot of people around the stadium and getting timings just right. It was a very steep learning curve today, however, the good news is that the 'people' part of it worked flawlessly, the 'technicals' let us down.

This certainly was not our finest hour, but believe me when we say that we are looking into it and have learnt a lot from today's match - which, after all, was one of the reasons for the match in the first place.

Bear with us please, we are working our socks off.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
In Paul's defence it really wasn't his fault. 3 distinct and separate issues happened today with the PA and Mics. One of these issues was sorted by half-time and the other 2 are being dealt with as we speak. There is a dedicated and committed team working hard to make sure your match day enjoyment is all it can be.

Today's pre-match event was a very complicated piece of logistics that involved moving a lot of people around the stadium and getting timings just right. It was a very steep learning curve today, however, the good news is that the 'people' part of it worked flawlessly, the 'technicals' let us down.

This certainly was not our finest hour, but believe me when we say that we are looking into it and have learnt a lot from today's match - which, after all, was one of the reasons for the match in the first place.

Seriously there is no need to apologies at all, this was a ramp up event to iron out these sorts of issues.

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
The mics also cut out for the blessing from the Centre Circle, so no it had nothing to do with where I was standing or whether I moved around or not. We swapped mics, batteries, levels & everything. We did a test this morning and earlier this week and all was fine. It might have been amusing for some, but it ruined the day for me - after 14 years, I was so looking forward to it. These things happen, but I wish they didn't!

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
Don't know about anyone else but initially the PA was almost deafening in the WSU.

What did amuse me was the scoreboard at the end, Brighton 0-0 Peterborough with "some text" as goal scorers.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
The mics also cut out for the blessing from the Centre Circle, so no it had nothing to do with where I was standing or whether I moved around or not. We swapped mics, batteries, levels & everything. We did a test this morning and earlier this week and all was fine. It might have been amusing for some, but it ruined the day for me - after 14 years, I was so looking forward to it. These things happen, but I wish they didn't!

Sorry to hear that Paul, I saw Richie move the cameraman away almost as if his camera's transmitter was causing it but what we could hear was excellent.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Shame it didn't cut out at the right time to stop that bloody opera singer RUINING Sussex By The Sea.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Don't know about anyone else but initially the PA was almost deafening in the WSU.

What did amuse me was the scoreboard at the end, Brighton 0-0 Peterborough with "some text" as goal scorers.

I saw that Ha Ha !

Should have been BHA 9 Posh 8

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield

Paul Samrah shouldn't be allowed any near a microphone. Leave it to people that know what they are doing.

Amazing how the mic never cut of when Richie Reynolds was using it, or that singer bloke didn't seem to have too many issues singing into it.

Paul Samrah + Microphone = Embarrasment

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Originally Posted by Henfield One
The mics ... blessing ... nothing ... not. We ... test this morning and earlier this week and ... amusing ... looking forward ... didn't!

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here