Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Owen Hargreaves

Sitch

Jul 3, 2011
I'm not usually one to get drawn into rumours, but I have it on good authority that Hargreaves was at the stadium last night. I'm not saying he's signing, although I was told there was a strong possibility, but there are definitely negotiations taking place.

Exciting stuff.
Says who ??

Lovecake

Jul 23, 2011
I'm not usually one to get drawn into rumours, but I have it on good authority that Hargreaves was at the stadium last night. I'm not saying he's signing, although I was told there was a strong possibility, but there are definitely negotiations taking place.

Exciting stuff.

Source?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Well at least we now know where the 'Owen / Albion' rumours originated.

yep, from that font of info

http://www.football-rumours.co.uk/brighton-rumours.php

So far in literally the last 2 days, we have Hargreaves coming in, with Adam Le fondre, Bolo Zenden, Bobby Zamora, Steed Malbranque, Nigel reo-coker, Dave Edwards, Nicky Maynard, Steve de Ridder, Nene from PSG, Nathan Delphonso, Fabian Delph, Alex Oxlade Chamberlain and Matt Derbyshire.

And only departure is Ashley Barnes to Charlton.

Are we going to play a 1-1-8 formation?

Hargreaves my arse, its all bullshit

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Think it puts that rumour to bed, dont you?

Of course, although I was referring to the joke rumour concerning Michael Owen and BHA.

I would assume that someone heard a snippet that an 'Owen' from Man Utd was interested in an 'Albion'... just the wrong type on both accounts.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I find it comical how Hardgreaves went from massively underrated (before the 2006 World Cup), to massively overrated (after it).

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
yep, from that font of info

http://www.football-rumours.co.uk/brighton-rumours.php

So far in literally the last 2 days, we have Hargreaves coming in, with Adam Le fondre, Bolo Zenden, Bobby Zamora, Steed Malbranque, Nigel reo-coker, Dave Edwards, Nicky Maynard, Steve de Ridder, Nene from PSG, Nathan Delphonso, Fabian Delph, Alex Oxlade Chamberlain and Matt Derbyshire.

And only departure is Ashley Barnes to Charlton.

Are we going to play a 1-1-8 formation?

Hargreaves my arse, its all bullshit

You missed Ben Turner

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
With Navarro looking like he is staying and Liam Bridcutt being one of our best players i cant see why we would want Owen Hargreaves anyway. Would rather spend the 20k + a week it would cost to land him on a younger fitter Central defender. Something we definately need

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
With Navarro looking like he is staying and Liam Bridcutt being one of our best players i cant see why we would want Owen Hargreaves anyway. Would rather spend the 20k + a week it would cost to land him on a younger fitter Central defender. Something we definately need

Here, here.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I agree too... central defender has to be the priority now, surely? Although Dunk and Cook both seem to be having excellent pre-seasons it would be a huge risk to throw one of them in...

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I feel like I'm missing something, but I can't see for a second why anyone with half a brain would want the likes of Hargreaves, Woodgate or Owen at the Albion. I think people are forgetting, this isn't 2006. They're all the wrong side of 30, all spectacularly injury-prone, and none have put in anything close to a good performance in the last 2 years. Dropping a division (even in a hypothetical fantasy land where they were willing to massively slash their 50k-odd p/w wages) would not mean they would definitely be a success. This isn't football manager. "Proven player in the Prem" doesn't equal "will tear the Championship a new one", it just equals "mercenary picking up final pay cheque whilst underwhelming". Craig Bellamy didn't exactly set the Championship on fire. Or Yakubu. Robbie Savage didn't impress us in L1. Why would Hargreaves or Woodgate? Neither of them have knees that can withstand a gentle sea breeze, let alone a crunching tackle from the likes of Championship thugs like Kisnorbo. Navarro, Dicker & Bridcutt is enough anyway - if Gus sent Damour packing as he was too similar in that position, he won't be getting in another DM. Save the silly money he'd want, and buy a decent centre back and creative midfielder on <10k p/w. *Sigh*

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
i would have thought that with 2 cb's out only temporarily the cb we need to sign would b on a loan basis...imho the need is on another maybe 2 midfielders as well as a cb on loan...i like bridcutt and i am sure dicker/navs etc will b fine but instinct tells me we hav a need for a bit more quality in tht area or we tempt being outplayed in the middle of the park

imho

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
As much of a cliché it is, I can't name my source for fear of getting people in trouble.

As for the article, it clearly states within it that negotiations have been put on hold with West Brom - do you think it's beyond the realms of possibility for Hargreaves and his agent to talk to another club during this period?

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
As much of a cliché it is, I can't name my source for fear of getting people in trouble.

As for the article, it clearly states within it that negotiations have been put on hold with West Brom - do you think it's beyond the realms of possibility for Hargreaves and his agent to talk to another club during this period?

Without getting yourself or anyone else into trouble can you give a little bit more light? We know he is a free agent, so did his agent approach the club or did we approach him? How long was he at the stadium for? Has Gus met him or is it just the scouting team?

Can you put a little meat on the bones for me.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Without getting yourself or anyone else into trouble can you give a little bit more light? We know he is a free agent, so did his agent approach the club or did we approach him? How long was he at the stadium for? Has Gus met him or is it just the scouting team?

Can you put a little meat on the bones for me.

Target of Gus, don't know any other ins and outs of meetings etc, but he has met club officials and from what I gather, it has gone well.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
None of this matters.A bloke I know whose neighbours spaniel is brother to a sniffer dog at Gatwick tells me that Samir Nasri was seen in an Albion car heading south towards Brighton.Modric was with him,and Peter Crouch.

Course,the spaniel could be barking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here