Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Owen Hargreaves

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
If he decided to resurrect his career at Brighton and everything went swimmingly, I for one would be well chuffed.

Sitch

Jul 3, 2011
A fully fit Owen Hargreaves would be quality for anyone below the top half of the Prem, his experience is what we need in midfield but his wages would be a bit too much!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
His wages would be a bitch unless he is willing to take a step down to get his career back on track.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm sure Sven will be keeping tabs on him.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Pay-as-you-play year long contract with low wage for those games, possibly with a release clause if a prem club wants him just to sweeten the deal for him.

A player of vast talent, would be well worth the gamble. Especially on a free transfer and low wages.

As someone said, I imagine there would be a few premiership clubs considering a deal like this, plus Sven at leicester

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
just watching SSN and seen a video made by Hargreaves. It seems hes desperate for a club after being released. do you reckon there will be any chance of him taking a pay cut and joining us. just a though :shrug:

Nah...his legs are too far apart...he'll keep getting Nutmegged! Seriously though a qualitity player in his days.

northernblue

Nov 24, 2010
I would be certainly be taking a punt if I were a preimership manager!! I could see him taking a club like Sunderland or Everton to the next level but if he doesnt they wouldn't lose anything as he would be on a pay as you play contract! Surely he has offers on the table! I dont really understanf the need or his intention for the video's to be honest!

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;4209092 said:
Class player, was outstanding at the 2006 world cup.

was fcuking class against Portugal, his fitness was unbeilevable in that game, he covered every blade of grass, i would love to see him here on a short term contract and to prove his fitness

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
He was England's best player in the 2006 finals... crocked or not, he has to be worth a punt? £6k a week basic plus pay as you play... surely that would be worth a gamble, and stick him on a contract while we're at it, so if he proves his fitness and some Prem side wants him, we have a payback. And he is also one of the multi millionaire club now, so if it is about football, the money is a secondary?

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
I'm not usually one to get drawn into rumours, but I have it on good authority that Hargreaves was at the stadium last night. I'm not saying he's signing, although I was told there was a strong possibility, but there are definitely negotiations taking place.

Exciting stuff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here