Votes: 161 79.3%
  • I like it but it has flaws

Votes: 36 17.7%
  • Better than Withdean...........it will do

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I am not keen on the design.......a blot on the landscape

Votes: 5 2.5%

• Total voters

I drove past it today, once on the road to Peacehaven off the A26 and then back via the A26 from the City. Both times I thought "wow". Like the way it seems to suddenly appear as you approach and enhances the AONB. How can you reasonably comment (unless you are in the construction industry) as to whether it has flaws until you can actually visit it!

I also liked the open design so that bats can fly in and out of it without fear of damaging themselves!

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
It has to be a cross between the first 2 options, but i went for "I like it but it has flaws".

As has been said, fill the corners in, but also add that second tier to the east stand too and it will be near enough absolutely perfect.

EXACTLY my thoughts. Second tier on the East stand and corners filled in would be amazing.

On the other hand that's something else we can look forward to :thumbsup:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
It's obviously amazing and I wouldn't want to criticize in any way, but.....

I actually prefer the original design for the roof and the arches. That really was different to any other ground I've seen. The one we've ended up with does look quality, but most new grounds have something similar.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
It's obviously amazing and I wouldn't want to criticize in any way, but.....

I actually prefer the original design for the roof and the arches. That really was different to any other ground I've seen. The one we've ended up with does look quality, but most new grounds have something similar.

Cuttress doesn't like the new design either so for me it gets a massive:thumbsup:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Apart from a capacity that woefully undersells this marvellous club's potential, it's pretty darn peachy pop pickers.

:clap:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

wodge

Nov 15, 2009
Just me that prefers it without corners then? Only improvement would be terraces.

I prefer it without the corners too, nice mix of old & new styles, especially as the stadium as a whole is enclosed anyway. I would prefer the East 2nd tier to be fitted before the corners were filled in.

We will definately be the first away fixture a lot of fans will look for when the fixtures come out next year.

The only flaw for me is that it will not have terracing behind the goals, unfortunately for us in the UK safe standing does not look like it will happen sometime soon.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
From the artists impressions and the photos I have seen it looks like it will be fantastic and certainly the best mid-sized stadium built for many a year. Also, the comments from the Club suggest that the actual build quality of the thing will be top notch too.

But if we allowed a wish list of a few things we could change, mine would be filled in corners (hopefully happen in time) and a location that doesn't feel quite so remote to Brighton and Hove.

But on the whole they are minor quibbles.

So 9.8 from me. :thumbsup:

Feb 14, 2010
its a great stadium but its not a ground in the urban area. After the gloss wears off we are left with an out of town stadium. The real battle starts then, to turn the stadium into what all football clubs should play in, not a stadium but a ground. We have to make it our own so we have memories of witty comments from the terraces with the lights flickering off the turf whilst playing Barnsley at home on a Wednesday night. The club need to think how to get back the old east terrace or chicken run match day experience as that lasts longer in the memory than a hamburger, flag and plastic seat .

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Just been over there for the first time in a couple of months, and something just struck me.

IT'S HUGE !!

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Blimey are some of you MAD or just THICK?

We could easily have built a stadium with the corners filled in but then it would have been a SMALLER stadium because the capacity would still have to be 22.5k, we would never have got permission to build a 30k stadium at the moment.

Then, if we did get successfull and wanted to extend to 30k it would have been a MISSION, no doubt involving having to rebuild the arches!

Of course there will be absolutely minor things we would all change but anyone who is anything but DELIGHTED with this stadium is a MENTALIST, and a f***ing ungrateful one at that!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here