Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I am not keen on the design.......a blot on the landscape

Votes: 5 2.5%

• Total voters

webbyson

Pre & Post..*Gullsworth*
Jul 26, 2004
Mudhut
I think our new stadium is a fantastic design. It has a classy look to it and has the design to increase capacity, if and when we need to, without major changes to the fantastic roof structure. Compared to other stadia built in this country it stands out in its surroundings with elegance and beauty, not a boring flat-pack. I thought the Mad Stad was nice when it was built for a club of the size of Reading but Falmer looks so much smarter. We are so lucky.
Well thats my opinion........whats yours

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
example of the football stadiums in the past, based on a practical design where its sole purpose is to host a football game, looks like a blot even in a built up town area
selhurst-park2.jpg

example of a football stadium of tomorrow, designed to even fit in with the countryside, professionally designed to not only host football, but to be remembered fondly as a first class luxury stadium:
11cf4bbb.jpeg

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Everything could be done better with more money and more time, but with the limitations we've had we should be bloody happy. I'm voting for love it, but a bit ridiculous to say it could not be improved, filling the corners in would in would improve it immediately.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I absolutely love the design. I just wish the end stands could have been a little bigger (say 4000 seats each), so we could have Albion fans behind each goal - just a little hunch that it gives you a slight advantage (no stats to prove it mind you). Minor point though I admit.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Just the corners filled in. But it's beautiful, better than we have a right to expect.
Fortunately somebody asked, do you want a stadium or something special, and the answer was something special of course. :clap2:

webbyson

Pre & Post..*Gullsworth*
Jul 26, 2004
Mudhut
yea i suppose the first option should have read..."I love it could not have EXPECTED better"*

*With the limitations, wait and sh*t we have been through

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
It's the jewel in the crown...and will be stunning when it is fully built out. I would put in the east stand 2nd tier before I filled in the corners though, if it were an option.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think it may well prove a "must visit" stadium very quickly for away fans.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I'll reserve judgement until I see what they put in the corners.

Everything else looks bloody brilliant though.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I think it will be absolutely fantastic but people on here will still moan about it fo sho.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
It has to be a cross between the first 2 options, but i went for "I like it but it has flaws".

As has been said, fill the corners in, but also add that second tier to the east stand too and it will be near enough absolutely perfect.

Last edited:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
It is absolutely amazing, I have had fans from other clubs tell me that they have seen pictures of it and are pretty blown away by what they have seen, to say that there is some evidence of envy is a bit of an understatement.

I do have one worry, that the Goldstone groaners and Withdean whingers will become the Falmer frown...if we could leave that behind and turn the stadium into an intimidating place to play football by sheer volume of noise made by the home crowd then we really can have a ground where allcomers fear to tread.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
A ground where allcomers fear to tread.

Haven't we already got one of those, the Home supporters anyway! :down:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here