Our new Prime Minister Theresa May, and her cabinet...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
because they dont share the same philosophies and core political ideaology? its quite unlikely to see a Conservative-Labour centre party for this reason, theres some fairly entrenched believes about how you approach running the country that they wouldnt agree on. policy can be flexible, agreeing on individual acts to address certain objectives, but on how you form the policies and broader outlook, there are deep divisions. thats not to say its not possible, though you'd wonder why they were in their respective parties in the first place.
If they decide to be a politician, they don't have a wide choice of parties to choose from. I imagine plenty are closer to the middle of the two parties than you think.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
May's speech was very good and if she goes through with it all good on her, and good on her opponant for pulling out so we as a country can get on with the business of pulling out of Europe
I hate to admit it but she(May)is looking very good

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Yet another Brexiter saying "nah this seems like too much hard work" and leaving the remainers to deal with actually leaving the EU. Statement at 1215.

I don't understand why some people actually advocated Leadsom for PM. She's a pub team of a politician.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
This is interesting. Rules say there has to be a contest now the process has started it seems.

Is this a way back for Boris ? Another chance for Gove ?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This is interesting. Rules say there has to be a contest now the process has started it seems.

Is this a way back for Boris ? Another chance for Gove ?
Does the thread title need changing?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
So that's another Brexiteer snuffed out...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports