Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our new Prime Minister Theresa May, and her cabinet...

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Looks like Murdoch has made his move then

The transcripts on TV seem to back up the article, but yes, Mrs. Leadsom is going to get a good going over on everything moving forwards by the Murdoch press and others I think.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Astonishing blunder by Leadsom. It takes a lot to make people sympathise with Theresa May, but I think Leadsom has just managed to achieve that.

Can't understand why she's denying it: if she wasn't trying to make the children issue about May, then why even mention her name? Cheap shot.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
Astonishing blunder by Leadsom. It takes a lot to make people sympathise with Theresa May, but I think Leadsom has just managed to achieve that.

Can't understand why she's denying it: if she wasn't trying to make the children issue about May, then why even mention her name? Cheap shot.

She probably never saw it coming.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Looking forward to a woman Prime Minister, the last one was superb

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Looking forward to a woman Prime Minister, the last one was superb

Think you'll find this one will be in a different league....... somewhere around the Ryman Premier at best.
Sadly as there will still be no electable opposition by 2020 we are going to have to endure them for another 9 years (unless there's another palace coup)

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Think you'll find this one will be in a different league....... somewhere around the Ryman Premier at best.
Sadly as there will still be no electable opposition by 2020 we are going to have to endure them for another 9 years (unless there's another palace coup)

Ryman Premier? That high. I'd personally have said Ryman Div 1 South with Leadsom.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
She was against leaving The EU as it would be 'be a disaster for our economy'. Now she's all for it.
Whereas May was part of the remain campaign.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
Ryman Premier? That high. I'd personally have said Ryman Div 1 South with Leadsom.

Probably academic now anyway, I thought Theresa May would be PM before the EU referendum vote was even in. Leadsom probably thought the same as I'm sure Murdoch was making all the right noises about how the Times , Sun etc would be backing her right up to the point where they stuck the knife in and hung her out to dry. A bit naive granted to do that interview but she probably thought she was amongst friends, allies, not assassins. Sounds a bit dramatic i know but give me some poetic license on this one.:)

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13

If one thing is constant in politics it's don't trust a politician, May was in the Remain camp but reluctantly, all the sound bites are she was a leaver. Boris was a leaver but mainly so he could oppose Cameron, all his leanings were towards Remain, go figure.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
If May and the people around her do as good a job in negotiating our Brexit as they have done in positioning her to become the next PM we will get a pretty good deal.

More likely they will probably put some Brexiteer front and centre to oversee negotiations ... to catch the flack when compromises/concessions are needed.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It's a sad state of affairs when Theresa May is the person I'd prefer to be next PM.

How did it come to this ???

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Fair play to the Brexiters. They told us we could look away from Europe and work closer with the rest of the world and already we look to be entering into a political pact with Alaska.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Does anyone on here think Andrea could do a good job? If so why, don't seem to be many takers even from the Brexit camp

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

but prepared to accept and get on with Brexit and is sensible enough to not make any categorical promises or assurances prior to Article 50 negotiations.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Does anyone on here think Andrea could do a good job? If so why, don't seem to be many takers even from the Brexit camp

Sure she could do a good job (not sure what as), but not as a politician and certainly not as PM!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

There is a hell of lot wrong with Leadsom. Zero experience to start with and her massive gaff with regarding to boasting about having children puts her into a better position to be PM. There are serious questions about her CV and what she actually did in the roles listed and her links to a charity that seems to be run by other members of her family.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here