Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our home fans. S**t.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Also if we played the sort of fast paced attacking football that Brentford did then the atmos would be better. When we play sterile footy it transmits to the stands.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Must confess I though it was ok in WSU middle bit yesterday.

It was all the others must be deaf, ok it was not going for 90 minutes but that will never happen, even the east stand joined in quite a bit yesterday.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
No real problem, just an 'unsolvable' imho.

You have your old school, used to like a bit of a tear-up crew. You have your old school watched Albion for many, many years, just want to sit and enjoy the game. You have your youngsters, keen to get involved, make a noise and be the next generation. You have your families, young kids who love football and parents wanting a safe place to enjoy it.
Then there's the middle aged, fancy a few beers and a game of football after a crap week at work.

In addition to other 'groups' (apologies for the omissions), you have the incorrect (again imho) placement of away fans and so the result is one that will not remedy itself overnight by moving a few seat placements and playing a Johnny Cash record.

Like it or not, modern day football HAS to accommodate all types and since cash is the bottom line, the club will continue to cater for all.

Many suggestion solutions proffered on here, and some will work. Some won't.

In the meantime, I shall enjoy away games more than home (at present), continue to give blind, loyal support and take any flak.

Roll on Wednesday. :albion2:

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Lets be honest, unless the home team is having a great game - then most home fans are pretty quiet at every ground.

Away - fans are always louder, more due to the "hardcore" element of the fanbase being less separated and closer together.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
It was all the others must be deaf, ok it was not going for 90 minutes but that will never happen, even the east stand joined in quite a bit yesterday.

Really? There's perhaps 2 or 3 groups of 2 or 3 people that get up and try and sing in D block.

Opinion does seem to be divided, seemingly.

Most confess I was watching the match as opposed to concentrating on the crowd.

Jan 30, 2008
When I did go:lolol:, I used to look around me and the amount of people just sitting there like a load of card board cut outs was an eye opener ,small pockets of people used to get up and have a shout but in the early Amex days you used to get the "sit down " crap aimed at you ,now appathy has set in and people can't be bothered, and the new breed just aren't up to it ,might be wrong ???
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
On the contrary, it could be argued that the younger fans have the responsibility for creating a more raucous atmosphere. I don't remember anyone at the Goldstone moaning that when the crowd sounded flat, it was the fault of the older supporters. What a cop out.
The West stand at the Goldstone was a joke, livened up a bit as and when required
regards
DR

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
When I did go:lolol:, I used to look around me and the amount of people just sitting there like a load of card board cut outs was an eye opener ,small pockets of people used to get up and have a shout but in the early Amex days you used to get the "sit down " crap aimed at you ,now appathy has set in and people can't be bothered, and the new breed just aren't up to it ,might be wrong ???
regards
DR

Sums it up perfectly. "Stand up if you've got a pulse".

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
There is more to creating an atmosphere than singing. I'll stand up and scream and shout and swear as appropriate but rarely join in singing.

Completely agree. But again, the majority seem glued to their seats & mumble quietly. Where's the passion? Too sanitised these days. They don't seem to understand that their voices can influence the game....or if they do, they can't be bothered.

MattyC

May 12, 2013
Completely agree. But again, the majority seem glued to their seats & mumble quietly. Where's the passion? Too sanitised these days. They don't seem to understand that their voices can influence the game....or if they do, they can't be bothered.

It seems to me a lot of are fans are just way to reserved. Compare this video to what you see at the Amex......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORHpaqdwwlQ

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here