Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our home fans. S**t.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
WSU the atmo seemed v good today. Again, compare our home support to say Fulham & Charlton who we've just visited & you'll notice the atmo in the whole at the Amex is without doubt top 10 maybe top 6 in the whole league. Are people oblivious to the fact every club has louder away support than home? You can't compare the two...

AMEX HAS A GOOD ATMOSPHERE - there I said it :)

SeafordBHA

Aug 13, 2011
Why compare to other sides. We know our away support is better than a lot of clubs. Shall we quieten down because Brentford and Charlton aren't very loud away? We know our support has got potential to be much better, so why limit it just because other clubs have a shite atmosphere?

Surely a meeting with a main group of fans and the club would be best. Swap the away fans with family stand, with the ambulance tunnel splitting them and the North stand. Should be better atmosphere. Maybe make South stand cheaper for kids/students/one off visits etc (get new people in).

I sit WSU and it's really poor up there how many people don't bother to get behind the team. And just clap along with no singing sounds pathetic.

Think the main problem however is the North, which was much better in the first couple of seasons. It's all divided and rarely all sing at the same point. Whatever song is going just join in, don't be a snob. Probably the same people moaning on this thread.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Think the main problem however is the North, which was much better in the first couple of seasons. It's all divided and rarely all sing at the same point. Whatever song is going just join in, don't be a snob. Probably the same people moaning on this thread.

Is a very good point and one Id urge North standers to take note of. It's almost embarrassing at times now tbh.... Sing the same song and all join in!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I hate to say it but is a case of people moaning about it rather than doing something about. Unfortunately there is no lemming mentality at the Amex so those that want to create more have to work at it, keep positive and LEAD. Others will follow. If you act like an arse nothing will change.

This. Since we moved to the amex there have been lots of threads from people who complain about the atmosphere. When the threads started, a lot of those complaining that no one made any effort admitted to just sitting there, not bothering to try to create an atmosphere because other people weren't singing.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I see the weekly 'Sunday morning Husty having an argument' process has kicked in followed by the 'eyes rolling into the head' smiley

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
i really hate fanzone to be honest. it's cheesier than an unwashed fondue set

the montage is fantastic though
All I see is loads of kids in Albion tops, scarves, flags etc waving having a laugh and enjoying their 20 seconds of stardom.Not much wrong with that.........The team has to do better on the pitch to improve the atmosphere and fill the empty seats. We are not a football mental following......We never will be, but we have a large number of supporters who want to follow a winning team. About the same as 80% of other clubs really.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
How about free seating in the North ?
If you find someone seating in your seat, tuff you should of get their earlier, just simply move to the nearest available. It worked in the old days. we didn't have a reserved piece of terrace. It worked without the help of stewards too

In the 1970's we all had our favourite spot in the North Stand and stood anywhere in a six foot radius around it despite 20k+ to 27k+ crowds at the Goldstone.

Northern Monkey

Dec 5, 2012
All I see is loads of kids in Albion tops, scarves, flags etc waving having a laugh and enjoying their 20 seconds of stardom.Not much wrong with that........The team has to do better on the pitch to improve the atmosphere and fill the empty seats. We are not a football mental following......We never will be, but we have a large number of supporters who want to follow a winning team. About the same as 80% of other clubs really.

What about the grown men mugging at the camera and generally making twats of themselves? Fanzone appeals to a certain section of our support, the section that, like it or not, have only been coming for a few years and for whom a visit to the Amex is a day out rather than something that is borne out of pride and passion.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
I think we should sing a mash-up of 'Great Escape' and 'Ring of Fire' and the footballers on the pitch will be inspired to become brilliant and play like Brazil 1970. Of course, this may have the same effect on the opposing side and this may cause them to cancel each other out.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yep. I'm in G as well. Enjoyed the singing today. Mind you, we all sung the same songs.

I do find it amusing that people slag off our support. Home sides are often quiet. How loud were Charlton last week? or a few other teams we have played at recently. I think we are not that bad, all things considered.

Yeah this. I'm normally in G of the WSU and it's great there. Was in 1901 yesterday for the first time but could hear the WSU really well. Trust me the Brentford fans could too. Charlton last week were the definition of abysmal. If it hadn't been for the feckin' drum you wouldn't have heard them at all.

Also reality check. However much some of us wanted there is no way you're going to get 20,000 all together in every stand bouncing to Ring of Fire and twirling their scarves. Wipe that dream from your mind's eye and enjoy the away days.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
This. Since we moved to the amex there have been lots of threads from people who complain about the atmosphere. When the threads started, a lot of those complaining that no one made any effort admitted to just sitting there, not bothering to try to create an atmosphere because other people weren't singing.

Good point. Complaining about the two different songs being sung in the NS has a bit of a valid point, but is a bit of an excuse, i wonder if the majority of the complainers actually sing anyway. Away we just sing, join in with whatever, just have a laugh. Just have to admit that our home support is somewhat sterile i suppose.

BFC

Jan 18, 2015
You need to stop playing shit music contrived to try to manufacture an atmosphere and just leave it to fans to get it going properly. But at least you aren't Palace with all the pathetic carry on they do.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
It was inevitable as said earlier a lot of grounds are quiet.
The only answer is to make the north or a central area of the north safe standing and affordable.
It depends if the club want an atmosphere or not.
in my view an atmosphere definitely helps the team play better so surely it should at least be considered.
I know Barber has poo pooed it but he should think again IMO.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
The atmosphere at the amex is shit. I sit in the East stands lower (I take my kid) & that is the worst stand I've ever sat in for silence in my life (having sat at numerous other grounds using friends spare tickets)

The main reason I see is that 30% are retired duffers who are barely able to make it to seat 20% kids & 20% dads restraining themselves (not me - I've taught my son the full english language) + their family & 30% are clueless about football day tripper / non fans

Having abused one opp player about his laziness once a female non fan turned round & accused me of being racist! Er not quite love love - jog on

One of the reasons I see is we've got no songs. No singing about any players now Leo & buckers have gone. No singing about the manager since oscar went (not too surprised). Not even a blue & white army or simply 'brighton& hove albion'

I also think the north stand are totally at fault. It doesnt do enough for me. The noise needs to start from there & by halfway line in east stand you can normally here The away fans far clearer. Part of the reason for this is the stadium design. The North stand is not big / deep enough for me - & why give the away end equal status on its size - it makes no sense to me.

At saints st Marys this was an issue when they got the new ground but now it is loud all round.

That said I've been to chelsea & spurs & say in silence with everyone else or other times when it's been quite mental. & did anyone here The silence in tv at Newcastle last night? Alleged geordie support was non existent.

So it goes to show. Give us something to get excited about & we will

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I assume you are a player or linked to a player. That's right blame the 27000, yes 27000 who paid to watch a team that has not won at home since how long? And in what division? The players at BHA are as ever not fit to play in front of the support. Its not their fault, the players are just not good enough.

This in buckets. The critics of the fans should be thankful numbers are holding up. Or would the 1,000 singers like to 'sing' to an empty stadium in League Two?

Football 'atmosphere' is seen through 'rose tinted' glasses. Good atmosphere is created by performance put on the field of play.

Lots of people will never 'sing' at a ground. They are just as much a supporter as the 'singing' critics.

Deal with it or go and support Crawley :)

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
You need to stop playing shit music contrived to try to manufacture an atmosphere and just leave it to fans to get it going properly. But at least you aren't Palace with all the pathetic carry on they do.

Is that what happens at Brentford.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here