Our home fans. S**t.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RedRob

come the revolution......
Mar 2, 2013
Pyongyang
Ours IS a middle class football club, set in a middle class area = middle class fans? Their lives are not harsh enough to 'get angry' for 90 minutes on a Saturday afternoon.....not ehen you've a dinner party to go to in the evening. The club has totally, & unashamedly pitched at exactly that sort of fan.....maybe 'cos they have more money to spend?

The soloution: back to Withdean, in front of the 8,000? - did anyone really think this wouldn't happen once we moved to the Amex?

Funny thing is, West Ham have got it coming when they move to the olympic park! - West Ham with middle class fans....that'll take some getting used to :wink:

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Ha ha ha that would be really, really, funny if it weren't for the fact you might just be serious.
Scratch that, believing the 'Poyet era magic' makes it even funnier.

Also for the millionth time, we are always have been and always will be a reactive crowd.
Going back to those rosy specs day of the Goldstone through to yesterday, we are quiet of one of 3 reasons:-

1 - Not much is happening on the pitch.
b - The away support is poor.
3 - The ref is ok.

At no point have we, the fans, EVER influenced a home game.
Take the second half 'wall of noise' v Reading.
The 9 man game.
Compare Wednesday with next Sunday.

That's just the simple fact of being an Albion fan, deal with it, and enjoy the games how YOU want to, and stop looking at everybody else.

You missed the 10? consecutive home wins at Goldstone that ended with Storer keeping us up. Wall of noise that had oppo's knowing they were doomed against the unstoppable stripes

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You missed the 10? consecutive home wins at Goldstone that ended with Storer keeping us up. Wall of noise that had oppo's knowing they were doomed against the unstoppable stripes
But clearly that's exceptional circumstances, but even then what was the atmosphere like (I know poisonous) for the previous 14 games?

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Moved my seat for the last five minutes in East Upper.

Had a final RANT at the Ref only to find this fella covering little Marmaduke's ears:eek:

All kids/parents that might be offended by any swearing should be in the Family Stand.

Agree. I take my boys with me sometimes and they fully understand that they might hear stuff etc etc. they are hardly emotionally damaged.
It's starting to get quite frustrating but I'm not going to be dictated to by these metrosexual day trippers. No matter how much tut!

ady1973

Jul 27, 2008
New Milton
Maybe cheesy ,
So if the club did away with it. Would that bring people back into their seats to create our own Fanzone=NO
I would like to think we have but i'm afraid we do not have the support to make it happen.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Very valid point. I always get to my seat in time for fanzone, and if we all do this, then it would help, and in this respect the North Stand is as "guilty" as anyone. You can still have all the beers you need, just time it for 2.45, say. In the old days, we would all have been in the North Stand, often by 2.30 to work yourself up to a 3pm frenzy!

At Withdean many of us used to exercise a perfectly-timed run from the Brewery Tap, arriving at our seats EXACTLY as the game was kicking off.

Why on earth would a grown adult without any kids in tow want to get to their seat in time for fanzone? Must be the exact opposite for most.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I assume you are a player or linked to a player. That's right blame the 27000, yes 27000 who paid to watch a team that has not won at home since how long? And in what division? The players at BHA are as ever not fit to play in front of the support. Its not their fault, the players are just not good enough.

Well the players are "good enough" in front of 2-3000 away fans. Stockdale mentioned that before the game against Fulham he could hear our fans singing and it lifted the team. Perhaps coincidence but yesterday when the team went down to 9 men (CMS off the pitch) the crowd emerged from its slumber and the players responded. Many comments from players on the great away support, very little on the home sadly.

ady1973

Jul 27, 2008
New Milton
How about free seating in the North ?
If you find someone seating in your seat, tuff you should of get their earlier, just simply move to the nearest available. It worked in the old days. we didn't have a reserved piece of terrace. It worked without the help of stewards too

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Got to agree. Too many there sitting on their hands not saying a word & firing dirty glances at those that show passion & SUPPORT the Albion. They might as well pay for a ticket then stay at home and watch a stream of the game.

Too sterile & gentile. It's not the bloody theatre. You don't have to swear or sing any questionable songs. Just clap, roar the team on, boo the crap decisions and shout inoffensive stuff like "Seagulls".

When the first season at the Amex approached & they were selling season tickets, Martin Perry talked about not having a singing section as he wanted the whole stadium rocking. Won't bloody happen with the high proportion of "sensitive soul" mannequins we have currently.

Perhaps one day the Amex will be a FOOTBALL stadium.

Perry OUT

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Possibly to do with the shit way the players play at home!!

Absolutely nothing to do with that. Our fans are not up for it, that is the problem. A good home support would make noise whatever the result.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Club need to sort this out. Let people roam in the North. Just do it. Cut through the cr*p about seat licences etc, they have get out clauses on those, and do it.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Give the fans some decent football and watch the atmosphere improve.

The REAL problem with our home support is the thousands upon thousands of middle-aged, over-the-hill apologists like this who don't want to admit that they arnt up to it (making a decent atmosphere) any longer any will infinitely blame it on the whats going on in front of them, as though that is relevant.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The REAL problem with our home support is the thousands upon thousands of middle-aged, over-the-hill apologists like this who don't want to admit that they arnt up to it (making a decent atmosphere) any longer any will infinitely blame it on the whats going on in front of them, as though that is relevant.
On the contrary, it could be argued that the younger fans have the responsibility for creating a more raucous atmosphere. I don't remember anyone at the Goldstone moaning that when the crowd sounded flat, it was the fault of the older supporters. What a cop out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports