Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our home fans. S**t.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
On the contrary, it could be argued that the younger fans have the responsibility for creating a more raucous atmosphere. I don't remember anyone at the Goldstone moaning that when the crowd sounded flat, it was the fault of the older supporters. What a cop out.

Oh quite but it is very hard for the younger fans to create anything when they are dotted around all 4 corners of the ground and around them are people old enough to be their parents who claim to want a good atmosphere but wont actually contribute to it and that when push comes to shove are more likely to whinge at them for swearing than join in with the next chant.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The REAL problem with our home support is the thousands upon thousands of middle-aged, over-the-hill apologists like this who don't want to admit that they arnt up to it (making a decent atmosphere) any longer any will infinitely blame it on the whats going on in front of them, as though that is relevant.

How many home games do u actually come too?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
i really hate fanzone to be honest. it's cheesier than an unwashed fondue set

the montage is fantastic though

Strangely enough I thought I would hate it but actually quite like it.

Pre-match starts with the video from the Pier to the Amex which is unique and showcases the City, followed by something for the younger generation who we need in the future then finishes with a montage of past and present BHAFC.

Where do you ever see all that at an away ground ?

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Most of the points on here are valid and sum up the situation really well. We have had three away games where the atmosphere has been totally different to yesterday's. This is partly due to the fact that fans that go to away matches make more of a day of it than those who go home. More time spent drinking and a genuine desire to see their team play. These fans are spread too thinly around the Amex so any potential effect they may have is lost. What really annoyed me yesterday was the handful of people that dared to boo at half time- and this was not directed at the ref. What kind of a fan are you? We had just won three away matches and as a result of these efforts we have a huge and exciting match next Sunday. Forty five minutes of football at home- the result is not going our way and in comes the negativity. Stay at home on Wednesday please. You are not wanted and certainly not needed.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Oh quite but it is very hard for the younger fans to create anything when they are dotted around all 4 corners of the ground and around them are people old enough to be their parents who claim to want a good atmosphere but wont actually contribute to it and that when push comes to shove are more likely to whinge at them for swearing than join in with the next chant.
Hmmm so are the middle aged+ people at aways brainwashed then. Where's your age argument around the country. Particularly as the majority of away supporters fall into that category. Don't look for excuses find a solution. Move down by the away supporters if you claim to represent the pride and passion you harp on about.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Like I said in another thread........It may help if the so called 'Northstanders' turned up on time. Every game the northstand is about a 3rd full 10minutes before kick off. The club put 'Fanzone' on to try and create an atmosphere, but there is little point if very little actually make the effort and join in.
Atmosphere's are created both during AND before the game. Just ask any of the old Goldstone 'Northstanders' and ask them what time did you take your position and most will say around 2:30 ish.
I suppose we are too spoilt, being able to get drinks etc right up to KO. Maybe the club shud close the shutters at 2:30 but that will never happen.
So I guess that is what we are left with. It normally takes a good 10 mins to create a good song going, then people are then thinking already thinking about beating the 'q's at half time.......or arguing amongst themselves who should lead the song off.
This with bells on. At 10 to 3 is when the place should start rocking but no drinking and eating is more important. Same at half time. Yesterday a third of seats were empty when 2nd half whistle blew.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Sit anywhere in the North might be tricky to implement but certainly could help the atmosphere. Noisiest fans group together and it encourages people to get in position earlier. Only trouble is that people tend to ram themselves into central rows so that there are more people than seats in some areas which could cause a bit of hassle.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
So whats your suggestion..a cull? Shall i stop going? I'm hoarse as usual from shouting yesterday...... Sorry but its a daft comment Mr Husty

If you're 'hoarse from shouting' then your probably not part of the problem I am referring to are you :facepalm: Completely out of character for you to take offence to something I've posted though isn't mate. :dunce:

A cull seems a touch extreme although theres certainly the odd one here or there for whom it'd be welcome but in general nothing in the atmosphere will change in the slightest until BIG changes are brought in 1) moving the away fans 2) unreserved seating. That will transform the atmosphere. Drums, clackers, meetings, flags wont change diddly squat. Until such time I find the constant sniping from people who are almost CERTAINLY not involved in generating an atmosphere but instead enjoy sitting in their upper-tier seat and acting snooty towards our own fans incredibly i) dull and ii) cringeworthy at the same time.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Took a palace sth mate with me yesterday and was impressed by the North, I think we're far too critical. There are very very few grounds that are loud all the time.

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
Too many kids in the north stand who are pissed out their heads and think support is about using the C word in every sentence whilst trying to start dreary chants, despite their inebriated state not allowing them to form words properly

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
I hate to say it but is a case of people moaning about it rather than doing something about. Unfortunately there is no lemming mentality at the Amex so those that want to create more have to work at it, keep positive and LEAD. Others will follow. If you act like an arse nothing will change.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
It's a corner and I get excited, I'm up on my feet screaming, shouting, supporting my team, and the jobs worth knocks me and tells me to sit down. I'm in the back row of the UE with no one behind me.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
If you're 'hoarse from shouting' then your probably not part of the problem I am referring to are you :facepalm: Completely out of character for you to take offence to something I've posted though isn't mate. :

A cull seems a touch extreme although theres certainly the odd one here or there for whom it'd be welcome but in general nothing in the atmosphere will change in the slightest until BIG changes are brought in 1) moving the away fans 2) unreserved seating. That will transform the atmosphere. Drums, clackers, meetings, flags wont change diddly squat. Until such time I find the constant sniping from people who are almost CERTAINLY not involved in generating an atmosphere but instead enjoy sitting in their upper-tier seat and acting snooty towards our own fans incredibly i) dull and ii) cringeworthy at the same time.

This is true i'm very tolerant :D
..i just didn't go with the thousands upon thousands bit who are apologists..for me where i was the atmosphere wasn't as bad as pointed out, but then thats just my view...re unreserved seating...North stand would be a good one for that ..but isn't that up to the people who sit there?...

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Oh dear, we can't slag off the manager because he's got us improving... And we can't have a go at the players anymore because Hughton has shown us that they are getting better... Who can we whine and complain about this week? OOH! Our own fans! Yay!

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
This is true i'm very tolerant :D
..i just didn't go with the thousands upon thousands bit who are apologists...re unreserved seating...North stand would be a good one for that ..but isn't that up to the people who sit there?

Never heard you swear before Lamie-----I mean seen you-------doh! you know what I mean:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here