Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OT - Advice on moving to London

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Robyn said:

The problem is London is a city (no shit sherlock!) and with a city comes crime whereever you go. Just because you live in a posh end of town doesn't mean you're away from the criminals or hookers...they're probably just richer and better dressed than you!

:p

obviously the crime rate in Chelsea is similar to that of Streatham but the crims are better dressed in Chelsea, is that your point or are you just talking rubbish.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I live in Peckham and its not all that but not as bad as is made out. Camberwell is a much better bet and a bit more to do. East Dulwich isnt bad either.

You might find something fairly reasonable in Putney as the prices have fallen alot, I used to live there and our first place set me back £500 each and was fine. The problem with West is that it is souless and full of utter boring knobheads or sloane twats though. AVOID EARLS COURT at all costs, its a dump and has nothing to do at all, my mate lived there and hated every minute, loads of ozziez and Saffas too. Kensington, Chelsea, etc are also very timid and full of arses.

Balham is a good bet but dont think will be that cheap.

You could do worse than Herne Hill, or even Brixton or Tooting.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm a big fan of Tooting myself - good solid urban area of London, much better than the soulless suburbs of North London and much more reasonable than parts of West London, where I agree with Albion Dan (except that I *do* like Earls Court and know people who have lived there and liked it).
I really like my part of London (Wimbledon) as it's not bad to get to Brighton (for the footy and half of my family) and the A3 (Surrey/New Forest for the rest of my family).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here