Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar has lost the fans

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
My answer to this thread is exactly the same as my reply to last week's thread which probably even had the same title.

I'm reminded of the hounding out of Mark McGhee after a loss at Bristol City years ago. If we don't win every game in flamboyant style this thread will come up week after week, year after year, manager after manager.

It's tommy rot.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
There's only one person I really want to hear from these days and that's tony bloom . If he's happy then so am I but I would really like some questions answered .

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Oscar needs, no DESERVES a full pre season and the chance to bring his own players in and get shot of the ones he doesn't think will work for his system. If half way through next season things seem to be going 'backwards' then maybe Tony will justifiably pull the trigger. NOT before then. He is a highly respected coach for a good reason!

Seagulls56

Oct 20, 2013
Oscar needs, no DESERVES a full pre season and the chance to bring his own players in and get shot of the ones he doesn't think will work for his system. If half way through next season things seem to be going 'backwards' then maybe Tony will justifiably pull the trigger. NOT before then. He is a highly respected coach for a good reason!

So Oscar can justify why we sat back with 15 mins to go when they had 10 men????

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

Certainly this.

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
The 500 hundred fans that travelled to Barnsley are our hardcore support, they are more than likely the same fans that went to home games at Gillingham week in week out.

If Oscars lost them, he's lost the fans

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I wouldn't be upset if him & Jones left. Not calling for the managers head yet though.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I just wonder if the fact that so many players are out of contract in June has had a negative affect.
This time last season these players knew that if the play offs/Prem was reached, then even if new players were brought in, then presumably their Prem wages would have been written into their contracts, and play or not, they would have had this season on decent wages.
As it stands, their contracts have not been extended, so they may not feel the need to really push themselves to get to the Prem.
There is obviously reasons why so many are soon to be out of contract, maybe Oscar wants a clear out, maybe the club wanted to know where would finish before committing.
Either way it could have had an affect on the players. Just seems strange how the season has fallen away the nearer we get to the finish.
So, these out of contract players know that IF we make the Prem, then they will go, if we don't, then perhaps Oscar will be able to get his own squad in place.
I would imagine that a couple of players might be picked up by Prem teams.....and then the squad will be overhauled.
Or perhaps i am way off the mark.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
There were some unhappy fans today, we appeared lethargic to say the least.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Yes i agree.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
The wholesale sacking of Head Coaches /managers after 3 defeats is becoming a very serious problem for the football authorities IMO.It needs to be addressed,OK perhaps they have their contracts paid out, but has to be a massive drain on lower league clubs especially.Some clubs now are getting through 2 managers in one season,Portsmouth (not the richest club,now ) a good example. I also suspect Sherwood will be replaced,in the summer after signing a 2 year plus contract !This merry go round is spinning out of control,i cannot solve this issue,save that each sacking has to follow current employment law. ( Lets sack a player and see what happens !!!!! ).Garcia,needs time.....Simples...!

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
My feeling as one of the 500 is that he's lost quite a few. No idea what our tactics were supposed to be today. People played out of position, players apparently give little direction, Greer mis-placing endless long balls, no pace, one shot, I could go on. It's not an insane and unrealistic desire Premiership football, it's pissed off fans watching crap football.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
There is, 50% are supporting Oscar on another topic, with 25% wanting him out and the rest undecided. 1 in 4 isnt a majority.

There is no passion or fight though, that comes down to the players. That said, I wouldnt mind knowing what Oscar says to the players, as it isnt firing them up enough clearly.

I never thought I'd find myself saying this as an up to now Oscar supporter, but I find I am now having reservations with regard team selection, use of subs and general defensive attitude. Only I hasten to add, because it surely must be clear to the clubs hierarchy that we need to WIN games urgently.
I know it looks great to see the team continuously passing the ball to each other it looks stylish and clever, but unfortunately as pretty as it is, it's friggin toothless. We have had a string of games recently where we have woken up and looked aggressive on introduction of subs (Lualua in particular) far, far too late in the game. Fer Christs sake can't we kick off with an attacking set up, get ourself in a match winning position and bring defenders on if necessary. Basically reversing our present modus operendi.

Rant Over..... :)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My feeling as one of the 500 is that he's lost quite a few. No idea what our tactics were supposed to be today. People played out of position, players apparently give little direction, Greer mis-placing endless long balls, no pace, one shot, I could go on. It's not an insane and unrealistic desire Premiership football, it's pissed off fans watching crap football.

I'm glad I didn't make the effort and saved my money.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Inert or INEPT is the QUESTION ?

Bit of both as my learned colleague the Prankster has stated it is becoming very difficult to comprehend what type of tactics we play these days.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
When did football fans become so inpatient? First season for the manager, injuries, sales, lack of squad strengthening and we are still within a fighting chance of the play offs.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I think Oscar is being restricted by Jones, I truly believe Garcia can't play his preferred style of play as Jones thinks he knows better, this relationship was doomed from the very start, Garcia should of brought his entire back room team from Israel, really don't think the pair are working.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I think Oscar is being restricted by Jones, I truly believe Garcia can't play his preferred style of play as Jones thinks he knows better, this relationship was doomed from the very start, Garcia should of brought his entire back room team from Israel, really don't think the pair are working.

Oscar should have brought the entire playing team over:moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here