Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar has lost the fans

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
When they went down to ten men we just sat back and took the draw ??? Explain that to me and also your saying after we lost I was meant to say oh it's alright Garcia got his tactics right for a few games we will let him off ??? 5 games where he hasn't got the tactics right he played kaz through the middle when he came on ????

So... How's his tactics been last 2 games? Just (yet) another example of fans not having patience and expecting everything to go right all the time. A balance, considered approach is far better...

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
There's no denying that a great majority of the fans are definitely having doubts about the current managerial set up. For me there's no passion, no fight, no attacking football.

As far as I can see anyway.....

You'd make a fantastic pundit.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As I heard back in April from a very well placed source who was aware that Oscar was not happy here, it has nothing to do with the play off defeat but that was used as a convenient excuse to resign.
It hasn't been used as an excuse.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
As I heard back in April from a very well placed source who was aware that Oscar was not happy here, it has nothing to do with the play off defeat but that was used as a convenient excuse to resign.

Yep, heard the same. Posted it and was slated for it, as always. Fact is he has gone. Personally I think his team selections in the last few games have been staggering, we never stood a chance yesterday with that side he put out. That's if it was his team??? Which is something else that might be debated??? The use of Orlandi for the last few weeks has been nothing short of a joke.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think it has to a degree, promotion would have made it harder but by all accounts his mind was made up weeks ago as a few here alluded to at the time.
If he'd made his mind up a few weeks ago (and I'm not disagreeing with that possibility), then it makes sense he'd stay to the end of the season. Now the season has ended, he's asked to leave. That doesn't mean he's using the playoffs as an excuse. In fact I have no idea how that could be the excuse.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Looking back in hindsight the woeful performance from the players at Oakwell was the beginning of the end and he was sending a message to the board. Oscar must have found out about this time that the transfer money income from the sales of Bridcutt , Barnes and El Abd in January wouldn't be in the pot to strengthen the squad for the 2014/2015 season.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
For me, the home game against Blackpool really highlighted a lack of desire and some curious substitutions.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
For me, the home game against Blackpool really highlighted a lack of desire and some curious substitutions.

[MENTION=4313]RM-Taylor[/MENTION] started this thread after the piss poor and clueless debacle at Barnsley.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
If he'd made his mind up a few weeks ago (and I'm not disagreeing with that possibility), then it makes sense he'd stay to the end of the season. Now the season has ended, he's asked to leave. That doesn't mean he's using the playoffs as an excuse. In fact I have no idea how that could be the excuse.

Ok I'll rephrase it, he's used the play off defeats and the end of our season as perfect timing for him to go, if we were on our way to Wembley and then got promoted he may have had second thoughts or it may have made it more difficult a decision for him to walk.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ok I'll rephrase it, he's used the play off defeats and the end of our season as perfect timing for him to go, if we were on our way to Wembley and then got promoted he may have had second thoughts or it may have made it more difficult a decision for him to walk.
Well yeah I'd agree with that. To be honest, the end of the season is the perfect time for us. I'd rather he stayed, but it would have been worse if he'd left earlier or later.

I really don't have any idea why he's left though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here