Oscar has lost the fans

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Someone is to blame.
Oscar is someone.
Oscar is to blame.

You can't argue with logic.

You can't argue with logic, but your syllogism can be undermined by the insertion of someone else's name other than Oscar's which, I'm pretty sure, you're well aware of, but others on this thread aren't.
ps who is that grumpy looking man (logician?) you're promoting: I'm assuming that you haven't had a bust made of you :ohmy:

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
You can't argue with logic, but your syllogism can be undermined by the insertion of someone else's name other than Oscar's which, I'm pretty sure, you're well aware of, but others on this thread aren't.
ps who is that grumpy looking man (logician?) you're promoting: I'm assuming that you haven't had a bust made of you :ohmy:

Look buster, you can take it up with me, or you can take it up with Sir Humphrey Appleby...

Last edited:

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
My feeling as one of the 500 is that he's lost quite a few. No idea what our tactics were supposed to be today. People played out of position, players apparently give little direction, Greer mis-placing endless long balls, no pace, one shot, I could go on. It's not an insane and unrealistic desire Premiership football, it's pissed off fans watching crap football.

I think this is exactly right.

I don't think we have a divine right to be in the top 6, however I do think I have a right to be entertained and enjoy going to the game for my almost £50 a month.

I've watched Brighton for over 30 years and I've seen some absolute shit but I don't think I've ever been as bored watching us as I am now.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
I think this is exactly right.

I don't think we have a divine right to be in the top 6, however I do think I have a right to be entertained and enjoy going to the game for my almost £50 a month.

I've watched Brighton for over 30 years and I've seen some absolute shit but I don't think I've ever been as bored watching us as I am now.

Yes i agree ,at least when we where shit we where very aware
We where. Now they just try to spin us a yarn on how unlucky we are etc going back to the shit years at least we could have f'ing good laugh just everything is getting a bit to sanitised these days.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The disgruntled fans this afternoon are those who travel all over the country following the team. If the players showed any sense of purpose and passion we would put up with losing games , the fans are getting hacked off at the tactics which result in watching totally crap football.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
How can a decent keeper lose the ability to distribute and kick because of the coaching? Has his technique changed?
Last season TK used to roll the ball out and there would be 20 passes between himself and the back four , this season his kicking has been exposed as he is punting the ball upfield from a goal kick.

goldstonegull

Feb 18, 2009
plymouth
I said at the beginning of the season we will finish mid table ish, I could take that, but the football we are playing at the moment is awful and mostly boring with not a lot of excitement, thats what i can't handle.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'm still backing Oscar and giving him the time he deserves. People forget how little time he got in the Summer to prepare the squad let alone adapt to the English game etc. Then there were the injuries....

It's been a good season overall. We've not been anywhere nr relegation in the 2nd tier of English football = automatic good season for me.

Yes the last 5 games seem to have been largely crap on the whole and it's frustrating as we looked ready to make a charge but we must remember what we are and where we've come from. We must realise there are clubs with much bigger budgets than us - quite a few below us in the league too. Not many (Burnley maybe?!) above us with smaller budgets. Things are fine. Fans must be patient - last yr was fantastic but what happened in the Summer was always going to mean a backwards step and a rebuilding period needed....

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
I'm still backing Oscar and giving him the time he deserves. People forget how little time he got in the Summer to prepare the squad let alone adapt to the English game etc. Then there were the injuries....

It's been a good season overall. We've not been anywhere nr relegation in the 2nd tier of English football = automatic good season for me.

Yes the last 5 games seem to have been largely crap on the whole and it's frustrating as we looked ready to make a charge but we must remember what we are and where we've come from. We must realise there are clubs with much bigger budgets than us - quite a few below us in the league too. Not many (Burnley maybe?!) above us with smaller budgets. Things are fine. Fans must be patient - last yr was fantastic but what happened in the Summer was always going to mean a backwards step and a rebuilding period needed....

Pretty much, all of this, to be honest

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham

At last, a sensible, and might I add, CONSIDERED post.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Whilst I agree with most that the football has been pretty **** this year, don't forget how many players are out of contract at the end of the year. I fancy Bloom to let Oscar have a big summer clear out and bring in his own players. Only issue with that is how shit his signings have been up to this point.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Whilst I agree with most that the football has been pretty **** this year, don't forget how many players are out of contract at the end of the year. I fancy Bloom to let Oscar have a big summer clear out and bring in his own players. Only issue with that is how shit his signings have been up to this point.

Where is all the money going to come from to a big clear out. Most, if not all, that go will be on a free as they will be at the end of the contract. How much do you think we will be able to spend on new players?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Whilst I agree with most that the football has been pretty **** this year, don't forget how many players are out of contract at the end of the year. I fancy Bloom to let Oscar have a big summer clear out and bring in MORE OF BURKES CRAP LIKE OBIKA & LITA players. Only issue with that is how shit his signings have been up to this point.

Corrected that for you

Seagulls56

Oct 20, 2013

So playing so negative like today where we sat back for a draw against a side who are 22nd and who were down to ten men for the last 15 mins is down to are playing budget??? Look I'm not saying we should be in the play-offs and this season has not been bad but oscar tactics were summed up today and it don't matter weather he brings his own players in at the end of the season if this embarrassing tactics stay the same

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Just home (lucky enough only to travel from London). Yes it was a pretty poor performance, yes the fans weren't best pleased, yes yes yes.

Does anyone know what difference the fans make to the onfield performance? We, as fans, we're bloody terrible today. We sang a bit, we chanted a bit, we stayed very, very quiet for a very long time. I tried, less than some and more than others, but the passion just wasn't there across the board. When the team created something a bit of enthusiasm and voice appeared. When we didn't, it was just isolated voices, and short-lived efforts.

If the performance on the field can be changed by the fans then we need to look at ourselves. Even if it can't, we still need to look inward a bit too.

I'm not blaming anyone and I too was shouting expletives every, single, bloody, repeated, incessant, and consistent time we gave the ball away, or wellied it 20-30 yards back towards our own goal but, still... maybe it's just that as the season draws near the frustration is spilling over as the dream of the play-offs disappears.

Sorry - it was a long drive (by my 'never get far outside the M25' standards) and I'm tired and disappointed. Sure, we might still have a shot, but it's not in our hands anymore and when you rely on others, they usually let you down. :tantrum:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So playing so negative like today where we sat back for a draw against a side who are 22nd and who were down to ten men for the last 15 mins is down to are playing budget??? Look I'm not saying we should be in the play-offs and this season has not been bad but oscar tactics were summed up today and it don't matter weather he brings his own players in at the end of the season if this embarrassing tactics stay the same

I wasn't there today so can't comment but I take it you were. It sounded shite. I think u can drum tactics into players all you want but if there's confidence issues in a team you automatically may play negatively. And no, my post was clearly on the bigger picture and not today's game - so your budget / tactics comparison is pointless!

As for Oscars tactics - again looking at the bigger picture - earlier in the season he got some things spot on. Like brininging Kaz on when we were 2-1 up v Leicester at home.
Gus wouldn't have done that. Oscars subs decisions often seem v good to me. I appreciate recently he's prob made mistakes but I'm trying to look at the bigger picture and not just a knee jerk reaction to the last TWO (2!!!) weeks or so like some have! Again, the fact it's been 5 poor performances in 2 weeks suggests just a confidence thing. Things could be a lot worse though - NOBODY was complaining about the football in that good run we had just a few weeks ago....!

Seagulls56

Oct 20, 2013
I wasn't there today so can't comment but I take it you were. It sounded shite. I think u can drum tactics into players all you want but if there's confidence issues in a team you automatically may play negatively. And no, my post was clearly on the bigger picture and not today's game - so your budget / tactics comparison is pointless!

As for Oscars tactics - again looking at the bigger picture - earlier in the season he got some things spot on. Like brininging Kaz on when we were 2-1 up v Leicester at home.
Gus wouldn't have done that. Oscars subs decisions often seem v good to me. I appreciate recently he's prob made mistakes but I'm trying to look at the bigger picture and not just a knee jerk reaction to the last TWO (2!!!) weeks or so like some have! Again, the fact it's been 5 poor performances in 2 weeks suggests just a confidence thing. Things could be a lot worse though - NOBODY was complaining about the football in that good run we had just a few weeks ago....!

When they went down to ten men we just sat back and took the draw ??? Explain that to me and also your saying after we lost I was meant to say oh it's alright Garcia got his tactics right for a few games we will let him off ??? 5 games where he hasn't got the tactics right he played kaz through the middle when he came on ????

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Where is all the money going to come from to a big clear out. Most, if not all, that go will be on a free as they will be at the end of the contract. How much do you think we will be able to spend on new players?

Tony Bloom has always played his cards very close to his chest, I've a hunch we might be one of the more active in the summer. Please allow me to be 'half full' for once!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here