One target is....

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Maybe Gannon is on the shortlist , so if he is at the game tomorrow he is only there as an invited guest rather than the next manager.
If he's at the game tomorrow he will definitely be coming since Stockport have a game tomorrow too.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
When Rusco, ROSM and I spoke to Jim yesterday at eSporta, or whatever the Gym at Falmer is called, he was:

1. Surprised at the departure of Micky.
2. Suggesting Ian Holloway as a possible replacement, although he did say he'd heard nothing about who was in the frame.

So, he didn't know it was going to happen, and had no inkling about the possibility of Gannon coming (at least he didn't mention it when questioned by a complete stranger whilst queueing up to buy a coffee!).

which Jim were you speaking to?

bigtrigg

May 9, 2008
Cambridge ex Shoreham
If theres anything in this I very much look forward to having a manager with the balls to refuse to talk to Sky during an interview in protest for his Sky+ box blowing up after 13 months. Loving his work. He is a great talker,very intelligent, and has his Fifa pro licence, so the coaching is obviously there that weve been lacking so much this year. Fingers crossed.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
I don't know a lot about him but he's quietly got on with taking Stockport to the verge of the play offs with no money. He's got a full UEFA coaching qualification and he's intelligent, which is the kind of man we need to inject some new ideas into training and on match days. He's ambitious and Stockport are skint. He's on a rolling contract so compensation wouldn't be much.

Despite the set back of this season, we remain, and always will be, a bigger club then them and a new stadium is finally being built. He'd be on bigger money, have a decent wage/transfer budget for the division and a chance to build a side to go up over the next couple of years, if we can stay up this season.

I like the sound of him (and Dowie).

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Haven't heard about anyone else getting interviewed so I'm guessing Gannon is the number 1 target now and perhaps always was.

Think talk of a shortlist and foreign interest is probably part of DK's tactics, let's hope he sells the club well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports