Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One target is....

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Just a thought but perhaps MA leaving wasnt so unexpected and Jim Gannon coming here was the reason McNulty changed his mind and signed for us.
:lolol:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Just a thought but perhaps MA leaving wasnt so unexpected and Jim Gannon coming here was the reason McNulty changed his mind and signed for us.

I doubt McNulty knew, but wouldn't be suprised if Gannon did when he sold McNulty to us. Might raise a few eyebrows if he joins us as manager now!

Would be a good appointment though, not quite Ince, but arguably better long term bet as he won't move on as quickly. Love the Peter Ward potential as well.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Heard about Gannon again today and the source is usually sound, via an ex player who got access to some rather juicy information on Saturday. It seems Micky learned boardroom debate on potential replacements had been taking place and this came up during his meeting with DK. Now this is speculation on my part but knowing Adams I can imagine he wasn't happy but realised DK alone couldn't save him indefinetly.

For me the timing still seems strange, unless it was deliberate to provoke a reaction and avoid a sacking and compensation scenario.

Anyway Gannon sounds a top candidate, let's hope we can reel him in.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

When Rusco, ROSM and I spoke to Jim yesterday at eSporta, or whatever the Gym at Falmer is called, he was:

1. Surprised at the departure of Micky.
2. Suggesting Ian Holloway as a possible replacement, although he did say he'd heard nothing about who was in the frame.

So, he didn't know it was going to happen, and had no inkling about the possibility of Gannon coming (at least he didn't mention it when questioned by a complete stranger whilst queueing up to buy a coffee!).

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Maybe Gannon is on the shortlist , so if he is at the game tomorrow he is only there as an invited guest rather than the next manager.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here