Olympic empty seats

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
Coe's certainly made a bit of a prat of himself with his pre-games boasts that the venues were going to be packed. They had five years to sort the ticketing out, surely anyone with the slightest experience of attending sporting events would know that corporate seats often remain unfilled - witness the first set of wimbledon games directly after lunch, even when a Brit's playing.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Coe's certainly made a bit of a prat of himself with his pre-games boasts that the venues were going to be packed. They had five years to sort the ticketing out, surely anyone with the slightest experience of attending sporting events would know that corporate seats often remain unfilled - witness the first set of wimbledon games directly after lunch, even when a Brit's playing.

They aren't corporate tickets! They are reserved areas for Olympic Family i.e. athletes, coaches, officials, media etc to come and go as they please.

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
Empty seats all over centre court right now.
Takes the f***ing piss it really does.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
They aren't corporate tickets! They are reserved areas for Olympic Family i.e. athletes, coaches, officials, media etc to come and go as they please.

Don't believe the Coe spin on this.

Its true that some of the seats are reserved for the " IOC family" , but this is only 5% of the available seats and some of these will be occupied. so in esscence these would account for maybe 3% (being generous) of a venue's total capacity.

Therefore all venues are 97% full?!

LOCOG will not have a bad word said about their "commercial partners" so wont publicy criticise them for not using tickets.

They have said more tickets have been made available today, which is true but these are all prohibitively expensive. For example cheapest Swimming ticket £295, cheapest Athletics ticket £795 and each of those is for one session (maybe 2 hours or so)

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003

Trouble is,they don't seem to be coming.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
I think there has to be some element of the public who have not turned up. Those who applied for tickets in the ballot for loads of different sports and got lucky.

Then when the reality of getting up at 4.00am, in order to get to London to watch a hockey prelimlinary round between South Korea & New Zealand, hits home and they cant be arsed.

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
(I can't be arsed with the first game, and I'm sure many will be similar, so expect a lot of empty (but sold) seats for that. I'll be in Cardiff from 6ish and can hand over the ticket then.)

Prob do the same with regards to first game. Be fleeced for food and drink in the stadium so will find a nice pub instead.

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
Has anyone complaining ever paid to see these particular sports ever before in their lives?

Yes. Various international althletics events at Birmingham, Sheffield and Crystal ######. I gave up trying to get tickets long ago. Hurray for the peoples' games

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Tickets on sale now for tomorrow

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
Give my regards to Pontypool, my daughter was born there and we used to live in Cwmbran when we first moved to Wales some 27 years ago :eek:

Enjoy the game :thumbsup:

Glorious Pontypool never fails to disappoint. Raining. Rained almost all the time I lived here for a year.

Cwmbran, the valley of crows, my wife grew up there and consequently six nations time is always a tricky time in our household.

Might see you later in Cardiff :)

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Glorious Pontypool never fails to disappoint. Raining. Rained almost all the time I lived here for a year.

Cwmbran, the valley of crows, my wife grew up there and consequently six nations time is always a tricky time in our household.

Might see you later in Cardiff :)

Yes you may well ...... seeing as im going in on a 2 year olds ticket i will be easy to spot....I will be the near 15 stone guy in a white beach towel for a nappy and i will have a rattle and a dummy :lol: enjoy the game :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports