Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Olympic empty seats

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Just watching the swimming,how come there are so many empty seats?best seats in the house in the middle tier and it is half empty.they say a lot of it is down to sponsorship.seems a total farce.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
You answered your own question!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Good let that be a lesson to them with the FARCICAL way that tickets were distributed AND only by visa payment. f*** off 2012.

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
I saw a bit on this on the news yesterday. They said that it may be due to sponsors etc and that an investigation is being done at the moment as people obviously not happy as wanted full stadiums

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
I applied for virtually every session of the swimming at a variety of prices.

I got zero tickets.

I am far from happy seeing all the empty seats.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
I'd be sure that anyone who spent time online trying to get tickets & got some will turn up through hell or high water.

The empty seats are all the ones that are obliged to 'give away' to sponsors, IOC members, and the elite who were basically given loads of seats for free. If you get them for free you are not too bothered about turning up or not.

These sort of people don't use public transport or like to mix with us 'normal people' in queues. Because they can't drive & park their Mercedes within 50m of the venue they can't be bothered. You see the same sort of things at all major sporting events these days unfortunately.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Looks like extra tickets are going up on the official website all the time. Worth checking every now and again. There were some cheap beach volleyball tickets for the qtrs, semi about 15mins ago but now all gone.

D

Deleted member 22389

I'd be sure that anyone who spent time online trying to get tickets & got some will turn up through hell or high water.

The empty seats are all the ones that are obliged to 'give away' to sponsors, IOC members, and the elite who were basically given loads of seats for free. If you get them for free you are not too bothered about turning up or not.

These sort of people don't use public transport or like to mix with us 'normal people' in queues. Because they can't drive & park their Mercedes within 50m of the venue they can't be bothered. You see the same sort of things at all major sporting events these days unfortunately.

I feel sorry for the people who have a real passion for their sports and unable to get tickets because of this reason. I can gaurantee you the 100m final will be packed with not a seat in the house.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
probably because they are so f*ing expensive...

I agree with the sentiment but I don't think it's anything to do with that. People are forking out for tickets even at the high prices charged - the venues are generally 'sold out'. As others have said, it's seats allocated to officials, media, sponsors etc that are being left empty.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Just watching the swimming,how come there are so many empty seats?best seats in the house in the middle tier and it is half empty.they say a lot of it is down to sponsorship.seems a total farce.

It's not sponsors it "games family". They have to have a space for athletes coaches and noc and IOC types to come and go as they please.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I personally feel that is the most stupidest decision made by LOCOG. Why the hell there!? Why not Emirates? For god sake there's even games played at the City of Coventry Stadium, how the hell have they managed that!?

Should have all the football within Lomdon, perhaps also using Mad Stad as its convenient. Wembley, Emirates, WHL, Boleyn and Stamford Bridge would all have been perfect. Throw in New Den, QPR, Watford, Brentford and you have plenty of suitable venues for all the football.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I have two tickets for the volleyball quarter finals at Earl's Court on Wednesday 8th. I'm not allowed to 'sell' them on the Internet, but I am sure I can attend with two 'friends' from NSC.

Face value is £130 for the pair, will take £100 if anyone interested.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Thanks to LDC our stadium wasn't built in time to be an ideal venue for the Olympic football matches :rant:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I saw a bit on this on the news yesterday. They said that it may be due to sponsors etc and that an investigation is being done at the moment as people obviously not happy as wanted full stadiums

I wonder if some of the "ticket agencies" that these tickets normally get offloaded to have refused to buy as they're non transferable ? I read that several touts (5 on Friday , 11 yesterday) have already been nicked by the Met outside the venues.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here