[Football] Olise

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
But what does it mean for Chelsea, when the inevitable happens and some of these signings don't work out?

Hunger is a huge motivation and without that some players are liable to become complacent and lazy.

They're potentially going to have a changing room full of Winston Bogardes who they can't shift.

Their strategy is fundamentally flawed.
I suppose they are gambling there are enough mug clubs out there so take these players off them. They are probably right. They sold a load of lazy donkeys this summer for decentish money

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I know that it's Palace, and that I should be laughing. but the hoovering up is just going to end up ruining football. The attraction of the EPL is linked to the fact that, now and again, even a team as hopeless as the Norwich one relegated a few years back, with good luck and a following wind, can (and did) beat Man City.

Everybody in football has been saying that the relative success of Brighton, Brentford, Fulham etc. made last season more interesting and yet these scumbag hedge fund jockeys and oil rich human rights abusers, just take that as a further cue to use their limitless wealth and power to set their grubby agendas for the rest of us.

A couple of years ago they were all off to set up their own little kickabout league because they stuggled to extort the huge unearned share they wanted from their own leagues. We were all told it was essential because they weren't financially viable. Well they're still not financially viable, but have just been bought up by yet more egomaniac billionaires all finishing a real life 'Game of Life' board game, buying up status symbols and sitting in Millionaire's Mansion having stolen all the cash out of the bank and kicked the board up in the air.

They've got me to the point where I'm feeling sorry for Parish, and that's just not natural! Everything in the world is ultimately ruined by someone meausring it in financial terms. Life should not be about money. It should be about wonder, love, laughter, joy, sharing something with others. Football is the world's greatest sport because it delivers on all these levels. These soulless vampires wouldn't know a shared human emotion if they saw it happening in front of their face. If they did, they would try to bottle it and market it internationally to permanently online drones waiting to be dripfed whatever Soylent Green is fashionable this week. All so they can wave their metaphorical willies at rival pyschopathic narcisists.

Or to put it another way - Palace fans - join us:

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I know that it's Palace, and that I should be laughing. but the hoovering up is just going to end up ruining football. The attraction of the EPL is linked to the fact that, now and again, even a team as hopeless as the Norwich one relegated a few years back, with good luck and a following wind, can (and did) beat Man City.

Everybody in football has been saying that the relative success of Brighton, Brentford, Fulham etc. made last season more interesting and yet these scumbag hedge fund jockeys and oil rich human rights abusers, just take that as a further cue to use their limitless wealth and power to set their grubby agendas for the rest of us.

A couple of years ago they were all off to set up their own little kickabout league because they stuggled to extort the huge unearned share they wanted from their own leagues. We were all told it was essential because they weren't financially viable. Well they're still not financially viable, but have just been bought up by yet more egomaniac billionaires all finishing a real life 'Game of Life' board game, buying up status symbols and sitting in Millionaire's Mansion having stolen all the cash out of the bank and kicked the board up in the air.

They've got me to the point where I'm feeling sorry for Parish, and that's just not natural! Everything in the world is ultimately ruined by someone meausring it in financial terms. Life should not be about money. It should be about wonder, love, laughter, joy, sharing something with others. Football is the world's greatest sport because it delivers on all these levels. These soulless vampires wouldn't know a shared human emotion if they saw it happening in front of their face. If they did, they would try to bottle it and market it internationally to permanently online drones waiting to be dripfed whatever Soylent Green is fashionable this week. All so they can wave their metaphorical willies at rival pyschopathic narcisists.

Or to put it another way - Palace fans - join us:

Well yes but ......... a) we're doing the same to Watford, maybe Lille and nearly Ajax. The extreme concentration of wealth and talent in the PL is ruining other leagues. Those clubs themselves are also hoovering up players from the third world, preventing their domestic leagues ever having any hope of gaining any traction. And b) ......... It's Palace hahahahahahahahaha

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Looks like it’s happening. Chelsea really are hoovering up young talent. I should be laughing at this happening to Palace, I’m not.

and this is why we are very reluctant to have release clauses in players contracts, imagine if caceido had got a release clause in his new contract in January/feb. We would have been powerless to stop the same happening. We may have lost Caceido but ultimately it was on our terms.
The fact that we seem to have walked away from a deal simply because the player wanted a release clause is great news for us, even if we dont get a player we wanted

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Their first team is 30+ players. Good luck keeping all those happy with gametime, especially without European football. Must be planning a load of outgoings in the next few weeks.

If they get the Lavia deal over the line as well, that makes £1bn spent in 12 months and a net spend of around £700m. f***ing outrageous.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Their first team is 30+ players. Good luck keeping all those happy with gametime, especially without European football. Must be planning a load of outgoings in the next few weeks.

If they get the Lavia deal over the line as well, that makes £1bn spent in 12 months and a net spend of around £700m. f***ing outrageous.
A simple solution, as FFP doesn't work, is to put a limit on the cost of yearly transfers. To spend a billion pounds is utterly ludicrous.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Honestly don't find this funny at all. I dislike Palace but ultimately we're in the same boat. Football's rapidly becoming the super rich,
Honestly don't find this funny at all. I dislike Palace but ultimately we're in the same boat. Football's rapidly becoming the super rich, state owned clubs vs everyone else.
I find it funny BHA pushed two of these supposed big clubs out of the top six last season. Manure look dire Chelsea have Welbeck on steroids up front (Jackson) there is every possibility we can do it again.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Chelsea will come crashing down. They had players sitting on the floor at meetings last season because the squad was too big. They trimmed it down and are now building it right up again. Boehly doesn't have a clue nor a strategy and is desperate. Let them crash and burn, it will be great to see tranfer embargoes, pts deduction and in a real dream world relegation.

I don't care about Palace, anything that makes them weaker is fine by me. Would also be great to see them struggle and spend a few years in the Championship or even better, EFL 1 or 2.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
The rumours are that palace got Olise for a steal at 8 m, but his agent put the 35 m release clause in as part of the deal, its paid off for Olise and his agent as they get to go to a bigger club which = big wages and big payout for the agent.

The gamble here is that Olise tore his hamstring in July that neede an operation he is due to be back October time, as we know hamstring injuries can take a long time to heal fully.

Although I hope not with such a young player.

As for Chelsea nothing has changed my contempt for them over the last 50 years.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think I’m with Palace on this……
palace didn't have to sign him on terms unfavorable them.
They knew what they were doing and this is the end result.

I say that but a release clause of £70m would show they knew what they were doing.
£35m for a player you intend to be part of the focal point for an EPL team makes no sense at all.

It's almost as if they signed him assuming he'd be shite.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports