Attachments

• IMG_0737.jpeg
    IMG_0737.jpeg
    219.8 KB · Views: 282

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I like (am amused) that they keep talking about 'the chelsea project'. These players are interested in the higher wages and the higher profile (and the higher paying endorsement deals that come from the higher profile). Bigger clubs like Chelsea, Man U, Liverpool etc are not 'projects'.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Sounds like tittle tattle to me. Three years left on his contract. Palace won't let him go anywhere unless the price is stupid and apparently, Chelsea won't pay stupid prices this window. His agent will know that such rumours have previously earned Zaha very generous new contracts from a short termist board always looking over its shoulder, panicked that one bad season will bring down the house of cards permanently..

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Sounds like tittle tattle to me. Three years left on his contract. Palace won't let him go anywhere unless the price is stupid and apparently, Chelsea won't pay stupid prices this window. His agent will know that such rumours have previously earned Zaha very generous new contracts from a short termist board always looking over its shoulder, panicked that one bad season will bring down the house of cards permanently..
It sounds like he had a £35m release fee when he first signed but it's unclear whether that has been subsequently upped.

If it hasn't, then the price won't be stupid at all. Wouldn't that be a shame?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Since selling Wan Bissaka, which helped them make a 5m profit, Palace have made a cumulative 120m loss over seasons 19/20, 20/21 and 21/22; and they didn’t do anything last year (eg make a significant sale or finish higher than their usual 11th-14th) to suggest that they won’t make another 20-30m loss. The owners aren’t go to carry on covering these losses forever, particularly with old stands falling down that they’ll eventually need to replace.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Since selling Wan Bissaka, which helped them make a 5m profit, Palace have made a cumulative 120m loss over seasons 19/20, 20/21 and 21/22; and they didn’t do anything last year (eg make a significant sale or finish higher than their usual 11th-14th) to suggest that they won’t make another 20-30m loss. The owners aren’t go to carry on covering these losses forever, particularly with old stands falling down that they’ll eventually need to replace.

But the stand money is ring fenced so we know thats just sitting there waiting to throw some people out of their famaily homes, sorry, planning permission.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
It sounds like he had a £35m release fee when he first signed but it's unclear whether that has been subsequently upped.

If it hasn't, then the price won't be stupid at all. Wouldn't that be a shame?
There were reports last year that they had removed it. As you suggest, if they haven't, he'd be a bargain and I expect others would be sniffing around....

As Oscar Wilde might have said, it would take a heart of stone to see that and not laugh.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Hmm, if true that Chelsea and City are interested, and €35m release clause, having just lost Zaha to Turkey, that would be a serious worry.
Fab doesn’t say stuff without some level of knowledge.
With Mahrez gone, I can see City being interested.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
All jokes aside, we do seem to be in the market for a left footed right winger who could also play centrally…

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here