Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Oh no, Ken Bruce quits Radio 2!

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
The day we've all been dreading, has finally arrived. Tissues at the ready.

giphy.gif

Jul 7, 2003
And the first contestant on the last R2 popmaster scores a massive 3 points :ffsparr:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Loved the Wogan reference about having a drink after song nine.

The BBC commentary team at Eurovision always do a toast to Terry after song nine as he used to say that was the point by which he was drunk each year.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
So, what will be his final song I wonder?
Golden Slumbers / Carry That Weight / The End - The Beatles.

Apt.

"And in the end
The love you take
Is equal to the love you make"

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Reaches for change station button - Vine's here with his shite stirring, designed deliberately to raise blood pressures.

What a contrast.
Well quite.

Not everything in life has to lead to anger and division.

KB showed that there's still a place and reason for people to just try and get along with each other.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Well quite.

Not everything in life has to lead to anger and division.

KB showed that there's still a place and reason for people to just try and get along with each other.
It's not just me. The brilliant Tony Livesey has mentioned more than once (to paraphrase), that unlike others his idea of radio broadcasting is not to raise hackles .... life's difficult enough as it is. Something he does with aplomb.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I still enjoy Jo Whiley’s show in the evenings but other than that it’s a full switch over to R4 and R6 for me.

I cannot abide that lad they’ve got in to replace KB.
:bowdown:
They're both amazing.

I do also love R5's Nicky Campbell phone-ins 9 til 11 each weekday, depending on the subject. He's an amazing guy eg in dealing with mental health, child abuse.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
:bowdown:
They're both amazing.

I do also love R5's Nicky Campbell phone-ins 9 til 11 each weekday, depending on the subject. He's an amazing guy eg in dealing with mental health, child abuse.
I like him but not heard his show. I was reading an interview with the daughter of the teacher that abused Nicky Campbell. Needless to say she was devastated. And had an horrific upbringing herself.

R4 has been a reassuring constant for me, for years.
I genuinely think if all other stations or forms of entertainment/ media were to disappear tomorrow, I’d get all I need from R4 and R6.

I also like KEXP, a Seattle based radio station that plays brilliant music.
In fact KEXP is a something of an institution in North America. Very well regarded.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Gary Davies is much too beige for me but I am giving him and his new game a chance!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He really is a wet weed.
I don’t know how he gets so much work in the media, there are plenty who could do a better job than him.
Especially as I don’t know anyone who thinks he’s anything but a shit stirring dickhead!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here