Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Oh no, Ken Bruce quits Radio 2!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Ken is leaving Radio 2 to join Greatest Hits radio. That's me done with daytime Radio 2 now. Only Bob Harris Country left. I'll have to find Greatest Hits Radio on the car radio now.

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
I remember the day he joined. Thought it was a bit odd that he sounded exactly like Wogan who he replaced.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I was going to debate this, but it's crodo so I won't.

(Gary Davies though)
OJ Borg or Maya Jama two other lively contenders.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
When Wogan returned to the morning show and followed by Bruce, sometimes I had to look at the watch to tell who it was.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I sometimes have him on in the background and I quite like Popmaster. My life won’t be affected much by his departure but I’ll certainly not bother with R2 if that irritating tit, Rylan gets the gig.

I imagine they will go with someone a bit more Daily Mail anyway.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Wow, I thought he'd stay until he keeled over in his chair. Ooh Gary Davis or OJ Borg (latter being very very good and surprised another station hasn't grabbed him).
Quote from the BBC Trevor Nelson, Rylan Clark, Claudia Winkleman, Dermot O'Leary and Jo Whiley are among the names who could be considered for Bruce's slot.
The bad news for anyone thinking of following Ken to GHR is that they aren't up to the high production stadards of the Beeb. Playlist consists of about 50 songs, great for week one but by week 4 it gets repetative. Listening on DAB, Alexa or online you get two adverts running together or nothing at all and lots of gaps.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Me: *Hoping Jeremy Vine is the one who's leaving because he's an insufferable smug tosser*

Ken Bruce: "Oh you're one show out!"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here