Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oh dear Bobby Zamora what a shit night for you

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
As much as I'd love him to come back, it's not gonna happen while he still has a shred of hope of making the England squad for Polkraine. Especially if the Standard was telling the truth yesterday (and it seems believable to me, I think he's the sort of player Redknapp would get the best out of).

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I think you're right. But I still can't stop thinking of how incredible it would be to see Bobby and CMS up front together. Christ that would be good :drool:

To repeat myself. He is 31 next month and an England International. He has approx 2 years left at the top, so unless we make the prem pretty sharpish, it isn't going to happen. As for people wanting him to come as his career winds down, firstly top players rarely ever do that, and secondly it wouldn't be good for us. As for him coming for "his love of the club", he has no greater feeling for us than WH and I'm sure would rather stay in London anyway. Remember the good times, don't try to re-live them.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
To repeat myself. He is 31 next month and an England International. He has approx 2 years left at the top, so unless we make the prem pretty sharpish, it isn't going to happen. As for people wanting him to come as his career winds down, firstly top players rarely ever do that, and secondly it wouldn't be good for us. As for him coming for "his love of the club", he has no greater feeling for us than WH and I'm sure would rather stay in London anyway. Remember the good times, don't try to re-live them.

That was what the "I think you're right" part of my post was about. I agree. But that doesn't stop people dreaming!

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Sadly,he has become a non striking striker,and seems to spend a lot of time wandering about looking for something to do.In last night's commentary they were constantly reminding viewers of his lack of scoring power,and how he had NEVER been a prolific goalscorer.His strength now is in his hold up play,as a provider rather than a scorer.I'd prefer to remember the younger Zamora knocking in goals for fun,and I very much doubt if Mr Poyet is strong on nostalgia.

Last edited:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
That was what the "I think you're right" part of my post was about. I agree. But that doesn't stop people dreaming!

Sorry, didn't mean to sound like I was having a go at you, just bored of the endless, rather pointless, discussion - but yes dream away if you want to.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He is exactly the sort of player we need.
:facepalm:

(afford is another issue).

He is now that he seems to slowly morphed into a SUPERB link up player, rather than out and out goalscorer.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Controversially, I thought he was toilet last night. He reminded me of Billy Painter.

Zero movement, crap passing, and looked out of his depth. Indeed it was exactly the same Bobster that we saw in his last month or two at Withdean, which suggests that he wants out and a move would be best for all concerned.

Not coming here though.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Absolutely, and whilst we are at it, why not sign Ronaldo and Messi too?

Hands up who believed CMS was coming here? Right, now, of the two of you, keep your hands up if you believed Vicente was coming here?

Thought as much.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Absolutely, and whilst we are at it, why not sign Ronaldo and Messi too?

because ronaldo is a **** and messi would put in all the work with no return, like cms

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Hands up who believed CMS was coming here? Right, now, of the two of you, keep your hands up if you believed Vicente was coming here?

Thought as much.

I don't see the parallel. A striker who has never played in the prem, and essentially failed in the his previous season in the championship, plus an aging, possibly injured (albeit talented) ex-international with something to prove .... against a current England international. Not really the same is it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I don't see the parallel. A striker who has never played in the prem, and essentially failed in the his previous season in the championship, plus an aging, possibly injured (albeit talented) ex-international with something to prove .... against a current England international. Not really the same is it.

Describing Zamora as simply a "Current England international" is almost a technicality. It's like calling David Nugent one of England's all-time goalscoring greats.

Bobby's a lower Prem striker, has rarely really been more than that, so it's not that insane to think he could move to an upper Champ club who could well be in the Prem next season. No more mad that someone who has played 38 times for Spain coming here. Unlikely, agreed, but not insane.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Describing Zamora as simply a "Current England international" is almost a technicality. It's like calling David Nugent one of England's all-time goalscoring greats.

Bobby's a lower Prem striker, has rarely really been more than that, so it's not that insane to think he could move to an upper Champ club who could well be in the Prem next season. No more mad that someone who has played 38 times for Spain coming here. Unlikely, agreed, but not insane.

Agree to a point - but I would think he's hoping to go to Poland next year, even if he is "wishing" for injuries to others.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here