*** Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
If he actually does prove useful...a chant proposal.....

Jiri
Jiri Skalak
Jiri Skalak
He's our Czech assassin
(Repeat)

....to the tune of 'No Limits'

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Probably not, but then the clue lies in your post. They're top of the premier league despite any shortages they have. Brighton sank down the league like a lead balloon when they were left short. Bit different mate.

That's not the point (and you know it). Leicester tried to sign a striker and failed even though they're top of the Premier League. The point was, and you know full well what I meant, that if they can't sign a quality striker, it puts our search into perspective.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Most sensible people have called it as it is. 3 good signings plus one for the future and a stop gap left back. Attracting a striker in our price range better than what we've got was always a tough ask plus I wouldn't be surprised if someone pitched up in the loan window. Throw in that no-one has left who the first team will miss based on what we've seen so far this season and I can't see how you can argue.

It's only the bell ends, 12 year olds and wind up merchants in the mental zone.

Exactly this. Good window for the Albion. Knockaert looks a real danger, Wilson will get stronger, Ridgewell is plugging a gap and Sidwell should be massively effective at this level. You're then left with two gambles, one of who is a full international. Meanwhile two players have been shifted to get game time at this exact level, one of them who was a public discontent. There are a few who will be negative but it's either the one trick WUMs or the usual negative crowd who called the summer window so badly.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
It's deadline day again!

harryRedknappCar_2_2704028k.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports