Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread ***

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Leicester, top of the Premier League, failed to sign a striker in the window. Wonder if their fans are moaning as much as ours.

Most sensible people have called it as it is. 3 good signings plus one for the future and a stop gap left back. Attracting a striker in our price range better than what we've got was always a tough ask plus I wouldn't be surprised if someone pitched up in the loan window. Throw in that no-one has left who the first team will miss based on what we've seen so far this season and I can't see how you can argue.

It's only the bell ends, 12 year olds and wind up merchants in the mental zone.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Most sensible people have called it as it is. 3 good signings plus one for the future and a stop gap left back. Attracting a striker in our price range better than what we've got was always a tough ask plus I wouldn't be surprised if someone pitched up in the loan window. Throw in that no-one has left who the first team will miss based on what we've seen so far this season and I can't see how you can argue.

Agree. Think we've got real quality going forwards now with Knockaert, LuaLua back, Wilson seemingly staying and hopefully Skalak offering quality too. Looking forward to the rest of the season and we have the loan window too if needed.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012

You say it as if they're mutually exclusive. I'm pretty sure there's a fair bit of crossover between the three groups.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Oh dear unfortunate name !

Charlton have announced the signing of former France international defender Rod Fanni on loan until the end of the season. :)

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I'm STRUGGLING to see the POSITIVES tonight. Not one DECENT striker means nothing will CHANGE

Ernest old chum, we know that really you're not struggling at all. You, like most on here think it's not to bad a WINdow. But as always you do like a little stir up. :) Let's give the Checky Chappy a chance, I was pizzed off when we SINged that Argie, but he turned out to be ok. Now get bizzy and pick a winner for tomorrow's Daily Nap.....you need one! :wink:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Former Bayern Munich youngster Dale Jennings released by MK, another promising home-grown talent that hasn't lived up to a fraction of his hype. He looks a bit on the porky side for a footballer..:

[tweet]694289680859320320[/tweet]

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
It's all over. The Championship starts in earnest now!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Really happy with our dealings in the last couple of months, sorry to be up beat and positive as I know it's against the grain of most of the doom merchants on here. We can't buy big as we can't afford it and FFP, so happy with what we have done.

But you've forgotten to mention we haven't bought a left back!

(Just thought I'd mention it, seeing as how BG seems to be out for the evening!)

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
But you've forgotten to mention we haven't bought a left back!

(Just thought I'd mention it, seeing as how BG seems to be out for the evening!)

Ritchie De Laet move on loan from Leicester and Boro may have not gone ahead? Not that I am fan of de Laet and he is a right footed left back and not so good because of it.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Ritchie De Laet move on loan from Leicester and Boro may have not gone ahead? Not that I am fan of de Laet and he is a right footed left back and not so good because of it.

Right footed is no good for a left back, because they can't pass the ball foward to the left wide midfielder ............................ Geez, don't you ever read what the experts say on NSC?

:facepalm: !!!

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Right footed is no good for a left back, because they can't pass the ball foward to the left wide midfielder ............................ Geez, don't you ever read what the experts say on NSC?

:facepalm: !!!

Can't block crosses, when the winger goes outside, so well, better at stopping inverted wingers.

Not sure if the loan transfer has gone through. Or it might be a late one?

http://www.skysports.com/transfer/n...aet-loaned-to-middlesbrough-by-leicester-city

It does seem to have gone through: http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/...boro-complete-double-signing-ritchie-10821960

Last edited:

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Leicester, top of the Premier League, failed to sign a striker in the window. Wonder if their fans are moaning as much as ours.

Probably not, but then the clue lies in your post. They're top of the premier league despite any shortages they have. Brighton sank down the league like a lead balloon when they were left short. Bit different mate.

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
Really? An integal part of a useful Czech international team and you're underwhelmed.
Wow.
Some people have incredibly high expectations. Not sure who you were hoping for but I'd say he's an impressive addition to our squad.

I don't have incredibly high expectations as you put it. We just need a proven goalscorer. To me this feels like it may turn out to be another Clunge.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I don't have incredibly high expectations as you put it. We just need a proven goalscorer. To me this feels like it may turn out to be another Clunge.
No evidence Slalak is anything like Colunga.

Speculative pessimism.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here