Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*Official* too excited to sleep thread

waddle

Nov 3, 2005
I am so excited, have looked at my seat but was away for spurs :( I am camping but think it's a touch too early to take the tent down with the family still asleep in it ..
14 years of waiting and today will be so worth every part of it, seagulls.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I slept like a log - a 73-mile ride from Gillingham was just the thing to knock me out.

Wide awake now and so excited.

My boy saw the stadium yesterday and was wide-eyed with wonder at it, he's really excited too. It's good to see that it's infectious.

Emily's Mum

Jul 7, 2003
In the jungle, aka BFPO 11
I've been sitting in the mess all night blabbering away to people who really don't understand what it's all about. Finally the Padre came over & started chatting. His brother suports AFC Wimbledon and he was very well informed about our recent history. I've walked home through knee-high snowdrifts and I'm still wide awake. To all of you going, raise your voices for those of us who can't be there.

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
pre match ritual has started...

2 scrambled eggs, 2 toast and fruit juice - Done.
Shower - Done.
Off to see parents - to do.
home with Papers - to do.
head to match - to do.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Woke up at 06:18 after dreaming I was at a Brentford match which was being held in and around Saltdean Lido(?) and at one point had Liam Bridcutt and a Brentford defender kicking a pair of ear-rings around in the backroom of a jewellers. I got involved and started rattling on about the 'bloody bling culture in football'.

Now worrying about my kids getting back in time for kick-off as they've been visiting relatives in Oxford with the better 'alf and have to negotiate the problems on the M25. Gulp.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Woke up at 4am thinking of today but managed to get back off to sleep until now. Feel a bit sick with excitement and nerves now. Got my old Sandtex shirt hanging up ready. First time I've worn it since the Goldstone.

I did go to show my little boy and the inlaws the stadium yesterday. That's the first time I've been since my presentation. Only went to the shop and Dicks. Drunk my first Albion Ale and looked in wonder at it all. God knows what state i will be in come match time and taking my seat with Mrs Oscar for the first time.

SCFC_Lurker

Feb 20, 2011
Stoke-on-Trent
Hi Everyone, sorry if this should be a new thread, not quite sure what all the buttons do on this board yet so trying my best (mod to help please).

Good result. I was at the Moleneux when I heard your FT result aggainst Donny (It was a friendly, It was local, I was attending with a friend, it was 10 quid, it was free transport, football deprivation, etc etc before I get abuse)

Just interested to ask a) your thoughts on your opening result in this division and b) what you think to that result at the Amex now that you have 'lived in it' for a game?

Reason i ask is that it takes me back to......anyway thats history!

Best of luck winning the Championship, BHA officially my second team (Until you reach the prem!)

Regards

SCFC_Lurker

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here