Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*Official* too excited to sleep thread

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Later on this very day I will be taking up MY seat in the magnificent new home of the club I have always loved. This seat is my seat, nobody else's, and could well be for a great many years to come. This comfortable padded blue plastic seat means more to me than a million birthdays and christmases put together.

There are people who will NEVER understand how I'm feeling right now, but here on this board there are more than a few who do. It's unexplainable. It's going to be emotional. It's finally here.

It's really here.

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
sleep? ha, thats not going to happen any time soon! feel like a 4 year old before christmas :D

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Going to attempt it now, I intend on being at Falmer for 1pm at the absolute latest tomorrow. So much to see and to do there, it's not just a football stadium. No-one else understands this, no other fans understand how it feels to be a Brighton fan right now. We've waited so long, and now the wait is so nearly over.

Good night friends... the countdown is nearing an end.

Here's Johnny!

All work and no play.....
Nov 27, 2008
Worthing
I've tried twice already but now given up so sitting watching some family guy to try to take my mind off football-not working.

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
Going to attempt it now, I intend on being at Falmer for 1pm at the absolute latest tomorrow. So much to see and to do there, it's not just a football stadium. No-one else understands this, no other fans understand how it feels to be a Brighton fan right now. We've waited so long, and now the wait is so nearly over.

Good night friends... the countdown is nearing an end.

its not a stadium its a home :)

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
It's mental isn't it?

A few people made jokes about not being able to sleep tonight but I didn't really take it seriously, and yet here I am now, totally on edge with anticipation. I know that the sooner I fall asleep the sooner I can wake up and start the routine I will be making a regular fixture of my life and yet it just isn't happening. I'm totally wired right now.

HURRY UP AND BE TWELVE HOURS FROM NOW

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
Far, far too excited and emotional for sleep. After all we've been through together, only an Albion fan would understand how we're all feeling tonight

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Yep haven't even tried yet! Wife snoring away, me tapping away on my iPhone. Will have to make the effort shortly or I'll be all bleary eyed at the game!!

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
That's beautifully scribed CS. I couldn't put it better myself

Later on this very day I will be taking up MY seat in the magnificent new home of the club I have always loved. This seat is my seat, nobody else's, and could well be for a great many years to come. This comfortable padded blue plastic seat means more to me than a million birthdays and christmases put together.

There are people who will NEVER understand how I'm feeling right now, but here on this board there are more than a few who do. It's unexplainable. It's going to be emotional. It's finally here.

It's really here.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I'm going for the get arsoled & pass out approach.It seems to take the too excited to sleep part of the evening out of the equation.

Shifty89

Sep 29, 2007

It's really here.

That bit reminded me of full metal jacket.
This is my seat. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My seat is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my seat is useless. Without my seat, I am useless. :amex:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Drove up straight from work and now at my sister in law's house in Burgess Hill after a few beers with a mate. I'll be setting the alarm for 8, but not sure I'll be asleep by then. It's really hard to believe that this day has finally arrived.

I've also got a shiny copy of the new Build a Bonfire to flick through if I can't sleep - my birthday present that I've finally collected.

Today is going to be emotional. I'm so looking forward to it I may just burst!

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

perry digweed

Oct 21, 2003
Brighton
Yep, still awake.

Have listened to the BBC documentary twice, watched Sky Sports Football League Weekend and spent the last hour watching Goldstone videos on YouTube.

Christ, I'm going so Albion mad that I just tried dialing "8049" hoping that Tony Millard would pick up saying "You've called The Seagull Line, the number for Albion information every day, 24 hours a day..."

Think it's time for bed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here