Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
15 mins easy warm up.

Then 400m @5k pace / 1.5 min jog, 800m @ 5k pace / 2 min jog, 1.2k @ 10k pace / 2.5 min jog, 1.6k @10k pace / 3 min jog,

Then 1.2k @ 10k pace / 2.5 min jog, 800m @5k pace / 2 min jog, 400m @ 5k pace

Cool down

Try and do the second set faster than the first if you really want to feel like crap at the end.

My coach's idea, not mine. I'm off to foam roll

Yeah, I swerved that on last night's run - too many numbers in there to remember, or figure out. In fact I swerved the spadework altogether and just had a nice run from King Alfred, to Steve Ovett, and back. Then had a natter with [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] before his five-a-side action.

Two sessions in one day – fewer miles than many of my runs, but really satisfying.

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1089140675

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Yeah, I swerved that on last night's run - too many numbers in there to remember, or figure out. In fact I swerved the spadework altogether and just had a nice run from King Alfred, to Steve Ovett, and back. Then had a natter with [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] before his five-a-side action.

Two sessions in one day – fewer miles than many of my runs, but really satisfying.

Good to catch up last night, football was good even though we lost 5-3 it's an excellent work out as the ball seldom goes out and you end up a sweaty mess.

As it's sport relief today my work have a spin bike in reception 10 minute challenge to cover the most ground. I'll be wearing my running gear so I'll run to work and run home today. Not planning on big numbers either but probably 3 miles and 5 miles across the two runs.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

I spent a week memorising it!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Good to catch up last night, football was good even though we lost 5-3 it's an excellent work out as the ball seldom goes out and you end up a sweaty mess.

As it's sport relief today my work have a spin bike in reception 10 minute challenge to cover the most ground. I'll be wearing my running gear so I'll run to work and run home today. Not planning on big numbers either but probably 3 miles and 5 miles across the two runs.

Would have popped in if not busy. Cross training today. Two different sports for me. Cheltenham Racing in The Albion, near Hove Town Hall, all afternoon lifting pints. Sure to forget the numbers of both but expecting them to be big.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Would have popped in if not busy. Cross training today. Two different sports for me. Cheltenham Racing in The Albion, near Hove Town Hall, all afternoon lifting pints. Sure to forget the numbers of both but expecting them to be big.

Sounds like the perfect preparation for Hastings on Sunday!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Plenty of carbs and liquids. It's in the training book. Planning on a 27", politically incorrect Parkrun tomorrow as punishment.

I'm integrating parkrun into my weekend long run, so I might be down near 27, although I'll probably end up going for it... Because it's Sunday to Sunday, my Garmin weekly mileage is gonna be MASSIVE! :lol:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
There you go, [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] - made it home safe and sound :D

Chuffed with the pace, and still had a bit left, so I'm feeling pretty confident about Brighton and London. Having chatted briefly with [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] about over training, I think this might be the longest run I do until marathon day. Sticking to the quality, not quantity theory!

Good luck to everyone for Hastings and anywhere else you might be running.

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1090508205

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Good running [MENTION=24635]Greg Bobkin[/MENTION]. You ran it marginally faster than my planned marathon pace and you were doing fine at 14 miles in. That equates to a 3:47 marathon and a little more effort would take you sub 3:45.

I urgently need to clear sinus from just about everywhere including the chest. The next week is meant to be the pinnacle of my training plan. Still should be lurgy free on April 17th.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove

Chuffed with the pace, and still had a bit left, so I'm feeling pretty confident about Brighton and London. Having chatted briefly with [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] about over training, I think this might be the longest run I do until marathon day. Sticking to the quality, not quantity theory!

That's a great run, looking well set for a good time.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove

Nice one. You were looking good from the marshalling view point this morning.

Roll on Hastings tomorrow. North easterly wind so reckon it's going to feel cold?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
A note for the Hasting's Four tomorrow. Remember we are representing NSC Runners and any besmirching will be out of order.
I'm feeling the best for over a week but not sure of fitness till I start running tomorrow. Will look out for you by the portaloos although old bald man fully in black with Lycra shorts :sick: have just realised that my race no is 1941. Think WWII, Pearl Harbour and you've found me. It's going to be a good outing.

Last edited:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Roll on Hastings tomorrow. North easterly wind so reckon it's going to feel cold?

I think the immediate hill climb will mean we do not need to over dress. Parkrun was hot enough this morning. What I'm looking forward to is 6:30 pace miles as we are pushed downhill by the wind, with tired legs. Can't wait.....it's like the dream when you fly along streets. Hope Jesus has plenty of appointments free for Monday!

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
A note for the Hasting's Four tomorrow. Remember we are representing NSC Runners and any besmirching will be out of order.
I'm feeling the best for over a week but not sure of fitness till I start running tomorrow. Will look out for you by the portaloos although old bald man fully in black with Lycra shorts :sick: have just realised that my race no is 1941. Think WWII, Pearl Harbour and you've found me. It's going to be a good outing.

Are you about to launch a surprise attack on the opening hill?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Good luck and run well, Hastings Heroes 😃

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Good luck to all the Hasting HM runners.

Just looked at Park Run results from yesterday and Hove Prom is where the speedsters are hanging out with the low winds

http://www.parkrun.org.uk/hovepromenade/results/latestresults/

11 runners at sub 18 that's some going.

Noticed Bevendean are only getting c.30 runners most weeks, I wouldn't mind giving this a try at some stage soon as all off road so it will present different challenges to the other 3 Brighton based Park runs.

Pembury

Jan 12, 2015
South Wales Caerphilly
Good luck to all the Hasting HM runners.

Just looked at Park Run results from yesterday and Hove Prom is where the speedsters are hanging out with the low winds

http://www.parkrun.org.uk/hovepromenade/results/latestresults/

11 runners at sub 18 that's some going.

Noticed Bevendean are only getting c.30 runners most weeks, I wouldn't mind giving this a try at some stage soon as all off road so it will present different challenges to the other 3 Brighton based Park runs.

Its prob been asked/mentioned before..but i take it Hove prom is faster than Hove park??? If so it might be my scene for my sub 19 sometime this year!

Oh and yes good luck to all doing Hastings.... love that long downhill.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here