Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

Pickledegg

Jul 13, 2012
Those wanting a proper challenge next year have a go at the Moyleman over the SDW! I haven't done the Stinger so can't compare but believe both are tough!

I came in just over 4hrs 12 mins and was really happy with the time but I have to say it was a right bas****! The climb out of Southease doesn't get any easier and at mile 14 it was a killer!

With just over 3200 feet of climb, Brighton should be a breeze after that!!

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
Those wanting a proper challenge next year have a go at the Moyleman over the SDW! I haven't done the Stinger so can't compare but believe both are tough!

I came in just over 4hrs 12 mins and was really happy with the time but I have to say it was a right bas****! The climb out of Southease doesn't get any easier and at mile 14 it was a killer!

You must be the incredible nutcase I mentioned above - that run looked dreadful, great effort!

Pembury

Jan 12, 2015
South Wales Caerphilly

Yeah have every intention of doing the Moyleman next year. That climb is great isn't it! done it a few times now and never gets easier.. Actually it is easier at night, as its just one foot in front of the other....

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
Went out today for my last proper run before Hastings.
It felt good, my cold seems to have cleared up, maybe a couple of slow short runs later on in the week. I'm looking forward to Sunday now.
https://www.strava.com/activities/517630991

Pleased you manage to shake that off in time. Hopefully jesus put Knocky right and sim gull can make the grid.
I only have to limit my beer intake at MK Dons and all will be well. I'm also looking forward to this one, heard good things about Hastings.

Pickledegg

Jul 13, 2012
Yeah have every intention of doing the Moyleman next year. That climb is great isn't it! done it a few times now and never gets easier.. Actually it is easier at night, as its just one foot in front of the other....
Head down, don't look up is the only way up that hill, but the reality is its almost constant climb to Firle Beacon! Put it on your bucket list as it is a must if you like a tough one!!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Pleased you manage to shake that off in time. Hopefully jesus put Knocky right and sim gull can make the grid.
I only have to limit my beer intake at MK Dons and all will be well. I'm also looking forward to this one, heard good things about Hastings.

Purely precautionary the massage. Been tightening for a few weeks. I'm ready now for that 5 miles downhill followed by a flat 5k finish with an Easterly wind pushing us home.
As you're at MK Would be good to arrange to meet up around 10:15 near start. I should recognise you. We just need a meeting point. Maybe [MENTION=24975]St Leonards Seagull[/MENTION] knows a place. I think there is a Victorian shelter on the beach side or a patch of green for car parking at the rear of the start. I could say I'll be the bald, 56 year old in black but Mrs Knocky pointed out there will be a lot of them. So I'll wear the FLOURESCENT yellow Asics gel racers, black t shirt and black gloves.

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
Purely precautionary the massage. Been tightening for a few weeks. I'm ready now for that 5 miles downhill followed by a flat 5k finish with an Easterly wind pushing us home.
As you're at MK Would be good to arrange to meet up around 10:15 near start. I should recognise you. We just need a meeting point. Maybe [MENTION=24975]St Leonards Seagull[/MENTION] knows a place. I think there is a Victorian shelter on the beach side or a patch of green for car parking at the rear of the start. I could say I'll be the bald, 56 year old in black but Mrs Knocky pointed out there will be a lot of them. So I'll wear the FLOURESCENT yellow Asics gel racers, black t shirt and black gloves.

Ha ha, ok if I don't hear anything different I'll look for you at the car park patch. I'll be wearing a green top, black shorts and Asics trainers. If that goes wrong I'll be near a 1:45 pacer at the start if they have one. Isn't the first 5 uphill? Your making it sound easy

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Thankfully feeling much better today and even managed a half time pint. Should be all set for Sunday.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
A nice 6.5 mile lap of honour from the Amex this evening. Always good running of the back of a well earned 3 points, decent pace up the hills 43:49 at 6:47 avr pace.

St Leonards Seagull

Jul 10, 2012
Ha ha, ok if I don't hear anything different I'll look for you at the car park patch. I'll be wearing a green top, black shorts and Asics trainers. If that goes wrong I'll be near a 1:45 pacer at the start if they have one. Isn't the first 5 uphill? Your making it sound easy

Yeah I'll try to hang around there for a bit ill probably be wearing an Albion home shirt of some description.
Yeah the first 5 miles are mostly uphill, but not all of it there are a couple of flat and downhill sections. After around 8 miles it's mostly downhill or flat.
As Knocky1 said lets hope the Easterly wind holds out and pushes us back along the seafront for the last couple of miles.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Looks like some really good quality (not to mention quantity) training being done by various runners here. My mate who is running his first marathon (Brighton) has a sharp pain in his foot. He's really ramped up his mileage since doing the Worthing half. Could it be a stress fracture? Anyone had experience of similar?

As for me am 'looking forward' to my first - and probably last - duathlon on Sunday but not really put the miles in on the bike. Hoping to catch a few of the better cyclists (of whom there will be many) on the final run.........if I've got anything left in the tank.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Looks like some really good quality (not to mention quantity) training being done by various runners here. My mate who is running his first marathon (Brighton) has a sharp pain in his foot. He's really ramped up his mileage since doing the Worthing half. Could it be a stress fracture? Anyone had experience of similar?

As for me am 'looking forward' to my first - and probably last - duathlon on Sunday but not really put the miles in on the bike. Hoping to catch a few of the better cyclists (of whom there will be many) on the final run.........if I've got anything left in the tank.

Good luck Sunday. His pain could be a number of things. If it hurts when not running I would visit a sports injury person. Otherwise it's rest. Could be plantar fasciitis, especially if Achilles is tight and the calves, maybe a stress fracture if he ran with the pain. Worth paying to find out what it is.
If not too painfull can try rolling a golf ball under the foot to massage the foot.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
A WHAT now?

15 mins easy warm up.

Then 400m @5k pace / 1.5 min jog, 800m @ 5k pace / 2 min jog, 1.2k @ 10k pace / 2.5 min jog, 1.6k @10k pace / 3 min jog,

Then 1.2k @ 10k pace / 2.5 min jog, 800m @5k pace / 2 min jog, 400m @ 5k pace

Cool down

Try and do the second set faster than the first if you really want to feel like crap at the end.

My coach's idea, not mine. I'm off to foam roll

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here