Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

Good stuff. You certainly gave me the push I needed. Here's the register for 8th November.
Greg Bobkin
Knocky1
Simgull
BigNuts
BadAsh
Simgull
Dazzer6666

Any others? I can only do this weekend as Brookes 10k week after followed by a months trekking around Everest Base Camp and a month in Kerala. Perfect marathon preparation:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Count me in. I ran #80 marathon yesterday, Snowdon. #81 is not till Portsmouth in December. I do dip in & out of Hove Park 5k as even for marathon running a bit of speed training is needed. Are we all running in BHA tops?

Tommy Tradlles

Aug 22, 2014
Chichester
I ran the Beachy Head Marathon yesterday in 4 hrs 27 mins and 28 secs which knocked ten minutes off last year's run which was a much windier day. Its a great marathon but very tough. Sounds like its more enjoyable than going to the Amex at the moment. Before and during the run I said it would be my last marathon but I bet I enter another one. I will try the Chichester 5k next week for the first time.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I ran the Beachy Head Marathon yesterday in 4 hrs 27 mins and 28 secs which knocked ten minutes off last year's run which was a much windier day. Its a great marathon but very tough. Sounds like its more enjoyable than going to the Amex at the moment. Before and during the run I said it would be my last marathon but I bet I enter another one. I will try the Chichester 5k next week for the first time.

Brilliant effort. I walked West Dean to birling Gap and back today over the Seven Sisters. After a flat out 5k yesterday that was hard enough. Maybe I'll enter next year....

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I ran Stort 30 today in 5.13 & bits, a PB by about 54 minutes.
Previous 30 mile PB was 'Doyen of the Downs' though which was a bit hilly & muddy.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Good work. I've got a best of 4.20 and a worst of 5.20 on Beachy but love it. Best event out there. ******* last 6 miles though !

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Went for it on a 10-mile run this morning - clocked exactly 1.16, nearly two minutes faster than last Monday morning. Not complaining, or anything, but what's all that about? Maybe the NSC parkrun challenge was playing on my mind and I knew I'd have to pull my finger out over the next two weeks ???

Great start to the day – Happy running, NSC :thumbsup:

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Went for it on a 10-mile run this morning - clocked exactly 1.16, nearly two minutes faster than last Monday morning. Not complaining, or anything, but what's all that about? Maybe the NSC parkrun challenge was playing on my mind and I knew I'd have to pull my finger out over the next two weeks ???

Great start to the day – Happy running, NSC :thumbsup:

Good effort. I ran 10 miles last Monday at 6:15 before work, didn't plan to run just woke up early and fancied it. Ran 1:19:56 so at 8 minute miles.

Looking to run today looking to complete 8 miles in an hour or under which is going to test me. It's pretty hot today too.

I've got two weeks off now so perfect timing before the NSC park run as I can ramp my training up to at least 3 runs per weeks something I've not been able to do since the marathon due to injuries.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Good effort. I ran 10 miles last Monday at 6:15 before work, didn't plan to run just woke up early and fancied it. Ran 1:19:56 so at 8 minute miles.

Looking to run today looking to complete 8 miles in an hour or under which is going to test me. It's pretty hot today too.

I've got two weeks off now so perfect timing before the NSC park run as I can ramp my training up to at least 3 runs per weeks something I've not been able to do since the marathon due to injuries.

Yeah, my 8-mile point ticked over at 1hr and 30 seconds – 4 miles was 29 mins 13 – and the last mile seemed to go on for ages - huge stitch just before the end didn't help.

Good luck with the training runs.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Signed up to the London 2 Brighton challenge yesterday, 62 miles!! And signing up for the NDW 100 tonight. Scared already

Got to do L2B one day. And an Ironman. But one step at a time...

Good luck with them, Cars.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Cheers, a good race to start with would the downslink ultra, if your looking to up your mileage. Unless of course your already running those distances then disregard what I just said

Nope, the furthest I've been at the moment is a marathon. Ultras beckon at some point, so thanks for the tip.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Yeah, my 8-mile point ticked over at 1hr and 30 seconds – 4 miles was 29 mins 13 – and the last mile seemed to go on for ages - huge stitch just before the end didn't help.

Good luck with the training runs.

Just missed out on completing the 8 mile hour. Got to 7.96 miles which is far and away the quickest I have ever run past 10k. I think I would have done it but the amount of people dodging around Brighton seafront cost me valuable time.

I suppose the next step is sustaining that for 90 minutes to complete 12 miles which would be perfect half marathon training.

Cars

Feb 13, 2012
Haywards Heath
Nice one. Did this last year and loved every minute of it (apart from lousing up my fuelling).

Is it easy to get lost in the London 2 Brighton? I was hoping to stick with some people so I don't get lost. But with only 500 runners over 62 miles, it's bound to get sparse...

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'm probably not going to win any friends on this thread with this: I can not think of any sport more dull than ultra distance running. Hours and hours of painfully slow plodding. Not for me, thanks.

*fetches flame retardant coat*

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'm probably not going to win any friends on this thread with this: I can not think of any sport more dull than ultra distance running. Hours and hours of painfully slow plodding. Not for me, thanks.

Ultra distance swimming, for me.

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009

Belonged to a club that had a group of ultra runners, most had to stop running due to long term injuries.Marathon and ultra running takes a toll on the body.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Is it easy to get lost in the London 2 Brighton? I was hoping to stick with some people so I don't get lost. But with only 500 runners over 62 miles, it's bound to get sparse...

Just about impossible. Best marked long distance route I have ever seen.......thousands of arrows plastered to every available post.......and glow sticks they activated after dark I think (I was lucky enough to finish in daylight but could see them hanging from various trees etc ready)

Ref the injury posts, difficult to completely disagree, but personally have had many more injuries in short runs than long ones, and if I didn't run I would be 20 stone by now, probably diabetic and possibly with heart disease so injuries are something I can live with, as frustrating as they are.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here