Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Official NFL Thread 2022/23

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We’re going to the playoffs!!! Stayed up to watch Seattle win in OT, then went to bed with little hope that Detroit could beat the Packers for us, and THEY JUST HAVE! Get in!!!
Get in 👍

Jul 7, 2003
Talk about a Pyrrhic victory.

My Texans win 32-31 after a crazy last 2 minutes, but move out of the #1 draft pick and possibly miss out on C J Stroud. :rolleyes:

We sacked the guy who got us to 4-13 last season, so Lovie Smith's worse 3-13-1 should probably result in the same outcome.
...and he's gone already.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
...and he's gone already.
Not surprised. Plenty of mistakes made both on and off the field. A decent finish to the season, but too little too late for me.

The 4 games in which we avoided defeat this season were all against fellow AFC South teams. That speaks volumes.

With the 2nd and 12th pick, we can't afford to mess up for a 3rd season.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
We’re going to the playoffs!!! Stayed up to watch Seattle win in OT, then went to bed with little hope that Detroit could beat the Packers for us, and THEY JUST HAVE! Get in!!!
As a Packers fan I'm gutted - threw it away - looks like Rodgers last game too.....

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Hopefully the last game with Dan Snyder at the helm for Washington last night. A surprisingly fun end to the season. Sending a shambolic Cowboys packing was never going to not be fun. Delighted that Howell had. decent debut, I think he showed enough that at the very least he could be QB2 next year. Given the holes on the rest of the team I'd even consider giving Sam a shot at QB1 next year so we can spend heavily on shoring up the offensive line. Putting an expensive veteran behind that O-line would seem to be a waste of money for a team that is still some distance away from being SB ready.

Hopefully Scott Turner will get the old tin tack this week and then we can look for a more adventurous OC.

We can then look forward to sale of the team, my gut feeling says Bezos is still in the box seat. He has the money, the other owners will love him and more importantly congress likes him which does bring DC back into play for the new stadium (which he also has the cash for).

Was not expecting to feel this chipper at the end of the season but I do, and I can now look forward to what should be a decent playoff season. I'll stick my neck out and predict a Bengals 49ers Super Bowl this year. The 49ers for me have the edge with that defence which should squeak them past the Eagles in the championship game. I think both the Chiefs and Bills have exhibited some frailty this year and a fancy the Bengals to once again upset the odds and book themselves a trip to Arizona.

What a regular season....

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Jags win it 20-16 and the AFC South with a great piece of defensive play to take a fumble back for a TD.

Congrats @DarrenFreemansPerm !! :)
Fair play to the Titans, they made it an ugly affair and never let the offence get into a rhythm, having said that, if Lawrence had connected with Zay Jones for the overthrown touchdown I think the Jags would have pulled away. It was every bit as excruciating as I’d anticipated, but so glad to get the win and actually take the division with a winning record. In know I’m a broken record but Doug Pederson is a magician for what he’s done. Looking forward to the Chargers game, and if we go one and done so be it, it’s still been an extraordinary season.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Can't see our luck stretching for the playoffs to be honest. Too many close games makes every week stressful.

Still pleased that our rookie HC has gone 13-4 in his first season. Especially with how awful our defence has been this year, ranking poorly in yards conceded.
Big Giants fan.

We’ve surpassed all expectations. However, one off game in the play-offs anything can happen!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
As a Falcons fan I was still holding hope to about 2 weeks ago that we could somehow win that AWFUL division. I just knew they'd beat Buccs when it was too late.

However, it was always going to be a rebuild year so I'm excited to see what the plan is in the draft.

That Bills game yesterday was just so joyous to watch.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
As a Falcons fan I was still holding hope to about 2 weeks ago that we could somehow win that AWFUL division. I just knew they'd beat Buccs when it was too late.

However, it was always going to be a rebuild year so I'm excited to see what the plan is in the draft.

Allegeir looks a real find

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
It's mad - there was no way on earth Detroit were winning in Lambeau, with nothing on the line for them, and everything for the Packers... and yet, that's exactly what happened! Do we have a chance against the Niners?

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton

I may be biased, but that opening kick-off return by Hines was a thing of absolute beauty. I'd love to think the Bills could ride the wave of emotion all the way to the Superbowl, but I fear they will come up short. In all honesty, they have not been playing that well despite winning 7 consecutive games and Von Miller is a huge miss in play-off football. Buffalo do not match up well with the fish, especially if Tua makes a 'miraculous' recovery from his latest concussion, but hopefully homefield advantage will see us through. My money is on Cincinnatti representing the AFC this year, KC have struggled to put away some pretty poor opposition of late, and the Bengals are on a roll. I think they would have beaten Buffalo last week had the game not been curtailed.

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
... I fear they will come up short. In all honesty, they have not been playing that well despite winning 7 consecutive games ...
I see where you are coming from but it needs to be considered that:

1. They had the Cleveland game moved from home to Detroit due to a blizzard, had 1 practise and 1 walk through that week and still won
  2. Then flew home and returned to Detroit 4 days later to play the Lions, with one walk through practise and still won
  3. Had Josh Allen playing with an injured elbow for most of those games and still won
  4. Had Damar Hamlin basically die and be resuscitated on the field and still won the next game
  5. Have lost 3 games this year by a total of 8 points combined
  6. Had the 4th hardest schedule in the league
I'll be in the stands on Sunday and expect the Bills to crush Miami, Raheem Mostert ran all over us on Dec 17th but is likely having surgery and missing the game and Tua likely will not play. I'd expect the Bills to win anyway but with Miami missing those 2 it should be a fairly large advantage to the Bills.... and Tyreek has an injured ankle that has bothered him several games now.

Only team I'm worried about is the Bengals.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
It's mad - there was no way on earth Detroit were winning in Lambeau, with nothing on the line for them, and everything for the Packers... and yet, that's exactly what happened! Do we have a chance against the Niners?
TBH, no I don’t think we do.

Reckon SF will see us off with ease, but I’m just stoked to have had such a promising season after almost every pundit wrote us off.

Geno Smith has more than exceeded expectations, and there are a bunch of genuinely promising youngsters coming through - Woollen, Walker, Cross: all in their first season and all outstanding. If we use our draft picks (and Denver’s!) well, we could be building a contender team again.

Add in the schadenfreude of seeing Wilson tank in Denver, and it’s been a fun ride.

Last edited:

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
I see where you are coming from but it needs to be considered that:

1. They had the Cleveland game moved from home to Detroit due to a blizzard, had 1 practise and 1 walk through that week and still won
  2. Then flew home and returned to Detroit 4 days later to play the Lions, with one walk through practise and still won
  3. Had Josh Allen playing with an injured elbow for most of those games and still won
  4. Had Damar Hamlin basically die and be resuscitated on the field and still won the next game
  5. Have lost 3 games this year by a total of 8 points combined
  6. Had the 4th hardest schedule in the league
I'll be in the stands on Sunday and expect the Bills to crush Miami, Raheem Mostert ran all over us on Dec 17th but is likely having surgery and missing the game and Tua likely will not play. I'd expect the Bills to win anyway but with Miami missing those 2 it should be a fairly large advantage to the Bills.... and Tyreek has an injured ankle that has bothered him several games now.

Only team I'm worried about is the Bengals.
I desperately hope you're right; I'm skeptical about Miami not fielding Tua/Mostert etc - I reckon they'll do everything to patch them up for this one and they've got history for allowing Tua on the field when he shouldn't really be there....

The adversity the Bills have overcome this year is astonishing, and that's without mentioning the non-football related things that have been going on in Buffalo these past few months. If ever a fanbase/community deserved a Superbowl win then Bills Mafia is certainly that fanbase. Enjoy the game, I'm extremely envious.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here